Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Weak Teen athlete gets stronger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gotnba

PostSubject: Weak Teen athlete gets stronger   Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 pm

hi guys i am a teen basketball player and track sprinter (14) that is looking to increase his strength by alot.

right now i am doing hundredpushups.com twentypullups.com and a lot of vertical jump and quickness training.

i am really weak as i can only do 3 1/2 rom pullups and 0 full rom pullups and 10 pushups with perfect form.

I am also sorta fat as my weight is 130 and i am 5'3 bodyfat is around 25%.

any feedback will be appreciated and i will be posting videos.

what is the best way to increase your pullups and pushups,
i do not want to quit hundred pushups as it helped me go from 4 to 10 in 3 weeks. i also increased from 1 to 3 1/2 rom pullups in two weeks. but i want to know waht would be the best way to gain strength in the pullup and pushups fastest. Please respond thanks

Last edited by gotnba on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add something)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotnba

PostSubject: First FUll ROM PULLUP!   Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 pm

yes!!! got my first full rom pullup guys and got it on video cheers

video will be up soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Weak Teen athlete gets stronger   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 am

Welcome and congratulations on ur 1st full rom pull up.

gotnba well except pull ups and push ups, train with leg raises etc ur core too. Also some squats maybe helps u build some leg strength.

BTW dont try to find the "fastest" way, just workout hard and u ll get better eventually. Well there are many ways but some works better on some guys but not so well for other So just practice hard the way u like and u ll progress , it doesnt matter fast or slow!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Weak Teen athlete gets stronger   Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 am

It's actually really simple. If you want to do more push-ups or pull-ups, practice doing push-ups and pull-ups. Practice a lot. You can switch up the routines by playing around with the reps/set/rest scheme to make it more interesting. Just give it time and you'll reach your hundred push-ups and twenty pull-ups. When you're done with those programs, increase the difficulty of those exercises through leverage or just a different exercise to target those muscles. You'll get there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotnba

PostSubject: Bodyweight Workout hundred pushups week 2 day 1   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 am

Thanks a lot guys really appreciate the help will work hard to acheive my goals and i found the tutorials section really helps. i am so excited to be part of this forum

100 pushups week 2 day 1
11 ->60 seconds rest
max atleast 11

Failed First try could not complete the first set of 8

Second try right now! gonna up the rest to 2:30
max atleast 11 max=11
YES i can do 11 easy 2nd set but 4th set kills so between 3rd and 4th set i upped the rest time to 4:00
i was struggling last rep but i got it with some work!

now time for some weighted backpack negatives.

weighted negatives were tough i also did pushup walks where you put something plastic like a frisbee and put your legs on them and on the tile floor use your arms to walk as fast as you can. their raelly tough if you do them for a long distance.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotnba

PostSubject: WORKOUT FOR TODAY AND MORE!!!   Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:54 am

Hundred Pushups week 1 day 2
12 -> 90 seconds rest
max atleast 13 max=11

The workout is getting really tough im having up the rest time for the last set and second last set to 7:00, i know gains is tough adn plateauing is all aprt of it, idk if i should switch routines as i hear their are more effective routines to build strength but i fell as though i am quitting, on the dragondoor.com forums some guy was like it isnt quitting if you are switching to a mroe effective routine but idk, i also heard it took people like a really long time to complete the hundred pushups program so idk if i should switch what do you guys think?

20 pullups week 2 day 1
2 -> 120 seconds rest

this was tough had to struggle on a couple fo reps but got it done.

did some jumps today, the hoop at the park is higher than 10 ft i am pretty sure i think the net is like 9 ft they werent max effort since i was fasting but a inch or two off. got it on video. will upload it really soon but got hw. sorry i keep procrastinating.

BTW SECOND LAST DAY OF FASTING, holy crap i did it all 30 days, i think i didnt drop too much bodyfat but i defitnley got stronger, will totally miss you fasting , lol thats all about now and this is my new workout im gonna follow because school gym is opening next week.

i think im going to follow 6 meals a day with alot of protein and eggs i do not want to fast again as i am only 14 and want to grow by eating more. this is teh weightlifting workout i will follow

Session A
Squat
Deadlift
Weighted Glute Ham Raise
BSS ISO HOLD

Session B
Squat
Weighted Dumbell Lunges
Sumo Deadlift
Weighted Glute Ham Raise

Session C-
Dynamic Warmup
????
Do not know what to do on this day, please make it lower body stuff since all my upper body will be bodyweight stuff until i master my own bodyweight.

2 sets of 5 using 85% of 1 rm, using a step type loading approach increase the weight for 3 sections and decrease for 1 and build back up. each exercise will be done in a fast and explosive manner.

Monday- Basketball intramurals 3:30-5:30
convict conditioning or hundred pushups and twenty pullups (havent decided yet)
Basketball Workouts and drills

Tuesday- Session A

Wednesday-Basketball intramurals

Thursday-Session B and jump rope

Friday-Session C???
bodyweight stuff
basketball drills

Saturday-Rest and basketball drills
Sunday-Rest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weak Teen athlete gets stronger   

Back to top Go down

Weak Teen athlete gets stronger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1