Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Starting from -1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheEmptySoul

PostSubject: Starting from -1   Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Ok, here is another noob guy Razz
As I want you to give a somewhat image about my experience in physic education here is a short history:
I sarted sports at 5 years (did 4 years football,2 years basketball, tennis, swimming, sky (don't know the time Very Happy ), and now I'm doing Martial Arts for 1,5 years. I've always been an...slim Very Happy...guy, not skinny!...I think. Ok...so my condition isn't very good.
My records: 13 full pullups,40 standard pushups, 6 leg squats, leg raises (foot to the head Smile) hanging on bar..about 3), could run 4 KM without stopping, I'm verry flexible (easy to do splits). So thse are...
Ok...I hope I didn't bored you. Here comes my question:

I've read Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade which I consider a great book (I'll also be ahppy if you say your opinion about it too Smile ), and here I read that it's better if I start from easy exercises of 4 big exercises. These easy exercises are wall pushups, shoulderstand squats, vertical pullups, knee tucks (if you don't know these exercises just know that I can do plenty of reps of it (100-150) Smile). Ok, the idea of the author was that to begin like this to strenghten your wrists, articulations, tendons (anything without muscles). And I should do these easy exercises(about 1 month) then there will come the more harder exercises (10 steps of each exercise).

So...my doubt is if it really helps me to spend the time doing these exercises for months and then when I finish then (first 4 steps) go to the harder exercises.

Thank you, if you don't understand something or...anything Smile) please ask.

Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:15 pm

only 6 leg squats?
ok
welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:15 pm

only 6 leg squats?
ok
welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheEmptySoul

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:06 am

nguyenquanghung wrote:
only 6 leg squats?
ok
welcome to the forum

Yeah Razz Until now very happy of them Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:53 am

i guess he mean one leg squats aka pistols.

Welcome to the forum Smile and btw 13 pull ups and 40 push ups are a lot, i cant name u beginner Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheEmptySoul

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 am

1stratos1 wrote:
i guess he mean one leg squats aka pistols.

Welcome to the forum Smile and btw 13 pull ups and 40 push ups are a lot, i cant name u beginner Razz

Thank you, can you please advise me about my decision of doing easy exercises?

Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 am

TheEmptySoul wrote:

Convict Conditioning was written with the idea that you're going to have a lot of people who have probably never worked out in their entire life and some people who just want to try something different. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Then again, I wouldn't worry too much about following the Convict Conditioning routines either. If you like the progressions, then work on one until you can bang out a few reps of the next progression up. Then work on that progression. However, if you do it that way, I would suggest that you use some periodization to have hard, medium, and easy parts of the progression cycle. This will help your body to recover instead of being constantly pounded, and will help your mind recover from the stress of the extremely intense workouts. You can get drained if you don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheEmptySoul

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 am

mgraham404 wrote:
TheEmptySoul wrote:

Convict Conditioning was written with the idea that you're going to have a lot of people who have probably never worked out in their entire life and some people who just want to try something different. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Then again, I wouldn't worry too much about following the Convict Conditioning routines either. If you like the progressions, then work on one until you can bang out a few reps of the next progression up. Then work on that progression. However, if you do it that way, I would suggest that you use some periodization to have hard, medium, and easy parts of the progression cycle. This will help your body to recover instead of being constantly pounded, and will help your mind recover from the stress of the extremely intense workouts. You can get drained if you don't.
Hello. Thank you for the reply. I have a question, by hard,medium and easy parts you mean one day hard another medium and another easy? The days without nothing are a must?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:02 pm

TheEmptySoul wrote:

Hello. Thank you for the reply. I have a question, by hard,medium and easy parts you mean one day hard another medium and another easy? The days without nothing are a must?

By hard, medium, and easy, I'm more of referring to a period of 1-2 weeks. At least, that's what works for me.

I wouldn't say that complete rest days are a must, but I would highly recommend them. The body needs time to recover. This isn't Dragonball Z where you can eat a sensu bean and be fully recovered. Your body needs time to repair the muscle tissue that you are tearing while working out. If you don't want to have a full day of rest you should cycle the exercises that you do so that different sets of muscles are hit on different days, which still gives the muscles time to repair. At the very least you should incorporate light days (very easy training days) so that you can get blood pumping through those muscles to help deliver the nutrients to your muscles that they need. The best advice I can offer is to test it out. Your body and my body are different and have different needs. I need rest days, you may not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheEmptySoul

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:29 am

mgraham404 wrote:
TheEmptySoul wrote:

By hard, medium, and easy, I'm more of referring to a period of 1-2 weeks. At least, that's what works for me.

I wouldn't say that complete rest days are a must, but I would highly recommend them. The body needs time to recover. This isn't Dragonball Z where you can eat a sensu bean and be fully recovered. Your body needs time to repair the muscle tissue that you are tearing while working out. If you don't want to have a full day of rest you should cycle the exercises that you do so that different sets of muscles are hit on different days, which still gives the muscles time to repair. At the very least you should incorporate light days (very easy training days) so that you can get blood pumping through those muscles to help deliver the nutrients to your muscles that they need. The best advice I can offer is to test it out. Your body and my body are different and have different needs. I need rest days, you may not.

Roger That! Smile) Thank you very much, good advises.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting from -1   

Back to top Go down

Starting from -1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1