Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
B-RAY MAXIMUM

PostSubject: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi there,

I've been havin' trouble wit' pull ups (I go as far back as April/May) where anytime I ascend to the bar I feel a pain on my inner left elbow. As a result, I took a step back from doin' any pull ups for about a month.

I resumed pull ups again (first week of June) and tried doin' pull ups wit' no change in my elbow.

I went to my doctor and after implementin' some movement of my elbow. i was told I've Golfer's Elbow. I was advised to lay off the pull ups or heavylifting of any sort for 4-6 weeks and I was prescribed a gel to rub on my elbow 3 times a day. Within that 4-6 week period I also took it upon myself to apply ice to the area for 15-20 minutes 2/3 times a day.

After the 4-6 weeks, I decided to give it a go on the bar and after two workout sessions (a session a day) my elbow was fine (pain free). Then I had my third session where i felt the pain creepin' back again(aaarrrrrgggghhhh.... the frustration.). This wasabout 2 weeks ago.

I don't know what the solution is to fixin' my elbow.

Is there anyone who has experienced Golfer's Elbow and has a solution for fixin' it?

Thank You,

B-Ray.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:59 am

B-ray im not an expert but maybe let pull ups again and do again what doctor said and try it again after 3-4 weeks. When u get back to training dont do much , for example if u was doing 4 sets of 5 pull ups then at start do 3 sets of 3 pull ups. See the next time u workout how it is , then maybe put one more set so u ll got 4 sets of 3 pull ups. If it is ok then SLOWLY make it more difficult. I guess ur elbow will need to adapt but try to do it slowly so u wont hurt it again.

Remember that a good warm up and a good cool down help to prevent injuries. Also after the workout u can ice it for 5-10 min.

Maybe stop doing pull ups and start with bodyweight rows?

Hope it helps. I hope u heal soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B-RAY MAXIMUM

PostSubject: Re: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:34 am

Thanks 1stratos1. It could be that I tried to do too much once my recovery period was over. I think I'll be more patient an' do lighter workouts when I start again. Thanks for the tip mate.

The more advice I can get ('specially from anyone that has fixed their elbow), the faster I'm able to heal.

Thank you,

B-Ray
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 am

massage upper, outer and inner parts of the elbow, I would use a (spikey ball )spikeyballs.com to really get point accurate on the tendon attachement. stretch tricep and bicep. lay off the jumping on and off the bar stuff. really anything that puts the joint in a stressed psoition. It takes patience and time to heal. It will be fine in about 2-3 months. oh yeah always do a proper warmup before you workout.

Best of Strength to you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B-RAY MAXIMUM

PostSubject: Re: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks Johnny,

I will invest in a spikey ball. I will highlight that the pain it is not excruciatin', it is very mild now (in comparison to how it felt a 'bout 2 months ago). I'll try to be as patient as possible an' lay off for 2/3 months. I'll concentrate on other exercises. Thank you.

B-Ray.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gooberhead

PostSubject: Re: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:30 pm

There are rubber bars you can get to do negative rotations as it is basically a forearm strength issue. It's called a theraband....and it fixed my issue with the golfer's elbow entirely. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066D6K4

Different tensions available.....
Cheers...and good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dijonoses

PostSubject: Re: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi!
Ifound this video for streching,its relly help me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uamSMKx1bdA&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Gooberhead wrote:
There are rubber bars you can get to do negative rotations as it is basically a forearm strength issue. It's called a theraband....and it fixed my issue with the golfer's elbow entirely. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066D6K4

Different tensions available.....
Cheers...and good luck

I just bought a theraband (the green one) so I will keep my results posted as I have not been doing muscle-ups/pull-ups for 6 weeks now. just out of interest what exercises did you do with it to fix your issue?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)   

Back to top Go down

Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1