Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Is this over training?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
manwissW

PostSubject: Is this over training?   Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:53 am

Hello,

I'm newbie, but i'm doing this

Monday, wednesday and friday i'm doing this

3x10 pushups
3x5 pull ups
3x10 legs raises
3x2 dips

and i'm running at tuesdays and saturdays, so is this ok or i should give less work for my body? I'm beginner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DNL

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 am

For a beginner it is okay, you won't feel bad after it or overtrained =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manwissW

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks, i was kinda worried that i will do all the dips, pushups and pull ups at one day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:49 am

manwissW dont worry, i like to do FULL body workout and not split it. So i start with warming up my self then some leg training, then upper body and then core. Well sometimes im too tired to do nice core training but after leg training and upper body training its just normal for my core to be fatigued and not to be at his 100%. There are people who are working out all day and they are still alive and even working out again the next day etc etc almost all year Very Happy and ofc they have a nice progress.

So dont care just do what u like to do and listen to ur body. If u are too tired do less or rest one more day or hit other muscle group.

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 pm

You're definitely not overtraining. If you do get sore, don't worry about it. Just realize that there is a big difference in your muscles being sore from not working them too much in the past and having sharp pain in movements (especially around the joints). I would continue with this exact routine for a few weeks (except I would add some easy leg work such as squats for reps) until this routine is just too easy for you. As a beginner, a lot of the gains you're going to see in repetitions are coming from your body getting more efficient at these moves. Don't mistake that for incredibly quick gains in strength right off the bat. Giving time for your tendons to adapt and get stronger is important, and I personally have seen the best gains just by allowing a period of 2-3 weeks of just easy workouts that weeks before I thought was very difficult. If you're worried about overtraining, remember to progress slowly but surely. That can spare you a lot of pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manwissW

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:49 pm

THanks everybody, that really helped, about legs, i was not doing anything for them because i had some pain in my knees, i ride a bicycle quite often now, pain seems gone, after some more time i'm going to do more work for my legs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:58 pm

if u have pains , sored etc its good to do a GOOD warm up, and of course after a good cool down with stretches etc. Same goes for ur knee if u want to try to workout legs do a good warm up, start with light work and see how it feels the next day, if u feel much pain or weird pain during the workout , its better to stop , and cool it down,stretch it , ice it etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalisthenicsAndy

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:12 am

thats fine. when your endurance and strength get higher and you get more used to this, make sure you add more reps or sets, so you dont get your body used to this.
becasuse your beginning dont go too hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manwissW

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:08 am

I probably going to stop at 5 sets, and increase only reps after that.

And how should i do warm up for my legs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 am

Do some jogging, or jogging in place, jumping rope, high knees and some dynamic stretches(legs swinging,circles with knees,or hips or foot (for ankle). Or maybe some burpees, jumping squats , calf raises.

Hope it helps Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 pm

manwissW wrote:

5 sets should be plenty. I would advise against only increasing reps though. You need to build strength, not just endurance. Once you feel that the exercises you are doing are too easy, make it progressively harder. Change the leverage, add weight with a vest, work on different moves that require strength. You will see an increase in your endurance when you gain strength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalisthenicsAndy

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:39 pm

mgraham404 wrote:
manwissW wrote:

5 sets should be plenty. I would advise against only increasing reps though. You need to build strength, not just endurance. Once you feel that the exercises you are doing are too easy, make it progressively harder. Change the leverage, add weight with a vest, work on different moves that require strength. You will see an increase in your endurance when you gain strength.

this dude is completely right. also some things to add, half reps ( go to the lower postion, lift half way up and go back down, this are usaully done fast), super setting, pyramids, and many more. you will find plenty of information in the forums Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manwissW

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:19 am

Hello again guys, i wanted to ask it sooner, but i kinda forgot, as u noticed my pushup count is quite low because i'm doing them using something like this http://www.google.lt/imgres?q=pushups&um=1&hl=lt&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:lt:official&tbm=isch&tbnid=qok019XZNyh9rM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/9613067/Push_Up_Pro_Strengthens_Tones.html&docid=q1eKlwOjsruR2M&w=795&h=722&ei=3xlFTtCeJ5HEsgbBypilBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=166&vpy=268&dur=235&hovh=214&hovw=236&tx=155&ty=124&page=4&tbnh=134&tbnw=127&start=57&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:57&biw=1366&bih=596

without this i can do way more pushups, but i heard this thing saves wrists, so should i do less pushups with this thing or start to make normal pushups without equipment?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this over training?   

Back to top Go down

Is this over training?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1