Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ontario, Canada parks!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alberigo

PostSubject: Ontario, Canada parks!   Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:00 am

Does anybody know any good parks with a lot of pull up bars, parallele, etc, in the durham region(closer to whitby). I cant seem to find any and I always need to workout in a normal kid park with all the slides or just the gym.
Thanks Whitby, Ontario in Canada!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BaRussian

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, Canada parks!   Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Hey Alberigo!

Its very sad to say but I was stuck (and many others) with the same problem as you. Since our area (Richmond Hill, Ontario) is not very urban, all we had was kids park till the Toll Bar park was built.

Its unfortunate to say but the town municipality went door to door to ask people what they wanted in the community - whilst they build the sports park.

The thing is when we approached them again to have similar parks build around they said it is one of the ONLY parks like that in Ontario - being specifically designed for sports and working out.

So while you can still (but rarely) find pullup bars around, i would imagine how hard it would be in Whitby, since Ive driven by there before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alberigo

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, Canada parks!   Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Man that sucks! I wish they could build some more parks spread around in Ontario. I'm so jelous of the bar-barians and what they have, but hey, no excuses! I'm gonna still try gettin it in as much as I can with what I have. Hopefully one day we'll have a workout park. Thanks for the response btw! Have a good one Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BaRussian

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, Canada parks!   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 am

You too and good luck! Smile )))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MMArmaggedon

PostSubject: Only thing I can say...   Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:12 am

Just email your local parks and rec department and find out why more parks like this aren't being built in the area. They can't cost that much to produce and are even cheaper to maintain. Plus, it would give people who don't have the necessary funds to go hit a gym added incentive to work out if its readily accessible.
Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, Canada parks!   

Back to top Go down

Ontario, Canada parks!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1