Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I'm stuck!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cesarm87

PostSubject: I'm stuck!   Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:27 pm

So I have a little more than a month training seriously every week, the problem is, that i'm stuck, i mean, i can't do more than 8-10 chin-ups, 6 maybe 7 pull-ups and 12 dips.. and that depends on the variation of the excercise that i do at the moment because it can be less than that Crying or Very sad.. i don't know why it's so difficult to me to increase reps. is that normal? i have some "experience" because i have practiced before but i don't know.... For example, i have YEARS doing push ups, wide push ups, normal, diamond, with extra weight, feet on a chair etc. and first: i don't have a big chest o "defined", it's just.. normal =/ and second: right now i can do only 25 and almost crying, what can i do to increase reps?, I do 4 sets of each excercise.. so i don't know, i tried to download a tutorial about how to increase repetitions but i couldn't, can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!   Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:38 am

Hey, try mixing up your training with different types of sets.

So instead of doing 4 sets of max reps, try doing pyramids, density sets, static holds during reps and weighted reps.

Pyramids, do 1 rep, take 10s rest, do 2 reps, take 10s rest, all the way to 5 and then back down to 1. If that's too easy go from 2 to 10 reps going up in steps of 2, or 1 - 10reps, 5 - 10, 3 - 15 in 3's... you get the idea Smile If it's too hard, increase the rest.

Density sets, do about 1/4 of your max reps. rest 15s, repeat 10 times. Too easy, up the numbers, too hard lower the numbers or increase the rest.

Static holds. Add a 3 second hold at the top middle and bottom of each rep. Max reps.

Weighted... fairly obviously... add weight! Could be a weight vest/weight belt. Rucksack with water in it. Small child (or a couple of large men for some people here!!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cesarm87

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!   Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks man!.. I'll try the density and weighted sets and see if I improve a little hehe Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!   

Back to top Go down

I'm stuck!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1