Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

legs training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hr_bg

PostSubject: legs training   Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:18 am

Hello to everyone.This is my first post here, though I read a lot from the site.So...I noticed that almost nobody talks about training of legs.Does nobody here train legs???

For few monts I'm stick to this training routine.

15 min joging,
8 to 10 sprints as fast as I can (HIIT)-a single sprint is about 40-50m,
10 sprints for 5-6m just for acceleration,
*this whole thing without stop running
3-5 min rest
10 squats
10 squat jumps (stops for 1 sec in 90 degrees of the legs,jump as high as you can)
maximum slow squats (nomore than 10 sec up and down,wider than the normal squats,I can't make more than 5 here),
10 squat jumps (one leg in front other leg is behind.on every jump you change the legs),
static position at 90 degrees of the legs,wider,(hold as long as you can)
No rest between the set.Usually I make 1 min rest than start again,but depends on my physical condition at the moment.
In the second attempt you can lower the reps because it is really hard.
The set is repeated 3 times.
3-5 min rest
afterthat
3 or 4x5 min rope jumping.you change the speed from time to time

As long as I can remember the whole thing takes no more than 50 min.Depends on your rests.

Few months ago I do this almost every day,now its 3 times a week because I dont have the times for more.

Feel free to comment or sudgest something.It's better when the routines are maximized

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: legs training   Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:56 am

hr Welcome to the forum.
Yes leg training isnt something u see everyday in this forum but i m pretty sure most of ppl here are doing including me. I dont enjoy it as much as upper body so i dont workout legs that much or when i do i m pretty sure i dont give my 100% . Its not good but thats the truth, i need to workout them more because i think its more important actually than upper body.

I like ur routine , it got everything from sprints to squats, controlled ones and jumping ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bcnarian

PostSubject: Re: legs training   Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:20 am

i train legs 2-3 times a week but I only do close squats, pistol squats, one leg deadlift and bulgarian squats; they keep my reps at a low range and 2-3 sets so its better to gain mass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hr_bg

PostSubject: Re: legs training   Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:18 am

I forgot to mention that one time per week I do whole body with this routine and right after that starts the upper body training.The whole training is about 1h 30 min and when its over the feeling is...very...good.

For the legs training if I'm not tired I make about 10 jumps from stationary position.I mean jumping forward not upward.I don't know what is the name of the exercise.The day after the wholebody training is always rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: legs training   

Back to top Go down

legs training
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1