Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sprint training - amazing result

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Timuron

PostSubject: Sprint training - amazing result   Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:10 am

Hi, guys!

I've just read and interesting article about sprint's influence on muscles' shape. So, I considered that it's much more effective than usual running/jogging, cause of the more power.

Here's my question. Does anyone use that kind of training? If so, please post your routines.

Thanks Smile

Last edited by Timuron on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Badbomm

PostSubject: Re: Sprint training - amazing result   Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:22 am

The normal jogging/running is just to burn fat, not to get your muscles in shape.
For fat burning is jogging/running or exercises with moderate intensity much better then sprinting.
But i think spriningt is not bad for your leg muscles, and you will burn more carbohydrates, because your body can change it faster in energy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Sprint training - amazing result   Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:34 pm

20 seconds all out, 40 seconds light jog, repeat for 20 minutes or until your form is not perfect. You don't want to sprint with bad form unless you want to get hurt.
That's generally what I do when doing sprints, but I also do other intervals. I'll do mile repeats, where you run a mile at a slightly faster than normal pace and then take a 1/4 mile light jog to rest. Using a track is my favorite. Treadmills help you too much, even if you have it at a 1-2% incline. It also takes a while for the treadmill to get up to speed. Outside is better, and on a track is best.

There's really not too much to sprint or interval training. Sprinting you're going all out for a short amount of time (because if you're actually sprinting, you're not lasting a minute at that top speed) and giving your body time to recover. The more fit you get the quicker you will recover and the more sprint intervals you can do in a 20 minute workout time period. You MUST warm up properly, and my warm up is not counted in the 20 minutes.

For regular intervals it's close to the same. You go as fast as you can go for a certain distance or time length, and then rest before you do it again. With longer intervals you'll need longer rests. I would only do one sprint interval a week though, and do 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, and mile intervals on other days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timuron

PostSubject: Re: Sprint training - amazing result   Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 pm

mgraham404 thanks, that's what I wanted to hear!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Sprint training - amazing result   Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 am

i am a great believer for short distance all out sprinting.

warmup:
skipping, jogging etc..

then i do either pyramids like 20m, 30m, 40m, 50m, 60m etc and all the way down.

or i just do 10x50m, 4x100m, and 1x200m

in general play around with it. if you dont have anything to keep track of the meters just start somewhere and then run further and further. like use trees, put ur shirt on the ground or whatever u wanna do.

always warm up nicely!

again i love lots of sets of short distance sprints i do only 1x200m at the end of my workouts just to go one last time all out even though by then its not my fastest anymore since i am already tired.

sprints are awesome for everything! power, muscles, strength, tendon strength, flexibility, shape, etc..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SFX

PostSubject: Re: Sprint training - amazing result   Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:20 pm

hi,

i also do sprints once or twice a week and I find it more difficult compared to jogging a longer distance. Another great benefit is to save time Wink

You should also have a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training

@pulldoggpull, mgraham404

How many sprints do you do in a regular workout? Because I (can only) do 5-8 100-110 meter sprints. After the sprint I walk back for a new sprint. That's my recovery period.

ps: i have to add that i do uphill sprints, but the rise isn't so high Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sprint training - amazing result   

Back to top Go down

Sprint training - amazing result
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1