Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

VERY NEWBIE HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bared Joe

PostSubject: VERY NEWBIE HELP!   Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Hello.

I've taken a sudden real intrest in Calisthenics.
I cant do much, seriously.

I can do a max of 15 Pull up ( wide grip )
50 Normal Push ups, then have one minute break then do about another 25.
I can do about 30-40 Decline Push ups.

Basicially I am useless.

I try to eat well, I try to achieve a good Carb and Protein intake.
I do really try hard to increase my reps and what not but... I never really feel worked enough... I will work until Im sweaty and tired and can do no more...

But my work outs dont last long at all, any ideas?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stilkobg

PostSubject: Re: VERY NEWBIE HELP!   Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Well your numbers are good basically you can start training for everthing Very Happy . About the workouts you can make them longer if you want but if you don't have time you can do a pretty good workout in a short amount of time, during the big break ( 20 minutes ) at school we often play a game that is - one person lets call him "The Mother" Very Happy does a pull up then everyone else does the same type of pull up, then he does 2,then 3 .... until everyone fails to do the pull ups or "The Mother" fails, and then I do a few sets and after that i feel really pumped Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bared Joe

PostSubject: Re: VERY NEWBIE HELP!   Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:34 pm

stilkobg wrote:
Well your numbers are good basically you can start training for everthing Very Happy . About the workouts you can make them longer if you want but if you don't have time you can do a pretty good workout in a short amount of time, during the big break ( 20 minutes ) at school we often play a game that is - one person lets call him "The Mother" Very Happy does a pull up then everyone else does the same type of pull up, then he does 2,then 3 .... until everyone fails to do the pull ups or "The Mother" fails, and then I do a few sets and after that i feel really pumped Smile

Yeah, I did this with my friend who I huge, It really pushed me to try my best! But I mean I hear all these people sayin yeah I work out 2-3Hours a day, Im just like... How can you make a workout last so long.. Razz

But Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: VERY NEWBIE HELP!   Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Well many times including warm up and cool down i was working for about 2-3h. But i m doing a good warm up with dynamic stretches then some leg workout or maybe my warm up becomes my leg workout. After pull ups push ups dips etc etc for upper body (upper body takes about 1h) and then some core exercises, small cooldown and thats all.
I m not working out everyday or at least not that much,

For example yesterday i ve done about 4hours.
40 mins hitting bag , 20 mins about jumping rope and small leg exercises cause legs was sored and then about 2+hours upper body, after 20 mins core and then some stretching
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bared Joe

PostSubject: Re: VERY NEWBIE HELP!   Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:26 pm

1stratos1 wrote:
For example yesterday i ve done about 4hours.
40 mins hitting bag , 20 mins about jumping rope and small leg exercises cause legs was sored and then about 2+hours upper body, after 20 mins core and then some stretching

But what did you do in that 2 hours of upper body?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VERY NEWBIE HELP!   

Back to top Go down

VERY NEWBIE HELP!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1