Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

tell me your opinion on atkins diet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
axxstrix

PostSubject: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:47 am

im on the atkins diet so far, and so far so good, what are your guys opinion on it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:08 am

The atkins diet is like all diets. It works for some, but not everyone

Personally, If I were you I would try an understand a little about nutrition and how it it works.

Having a varied and Balanced diet is, in the long run, far more beneficial then any of the 'fad' diets that are out there. Simply cutting out one(or more) food groups tends to have negative implications on your health.

The 'fad' diets are also unsustainable for the rest of your life whereas if you learn what a balanced diet looks like, and understand about portion control is, then you'll be set Smile.

Far too many people come of a 'fad' diet after loosing the desired weight and pile it all back on because they have no idea about balanced diets and portion control.

The basics of weight loss and gain are fairly simple in order to lose weight you need to have calorie deficit of at most 500kcal (this should lose about 2lbs/week and is the healthy weight loss rate), similarly in order to gain rate at about 1lb/week have a calorie surfeit of 500 kcal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
axxstrix

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Tim wrote:
The atkins diet is like all diets. It works for some, but not everyone

Personally, If I were you I would try an understand a little about nutrition and how it it works.

Having a varied and Balanced diet is, in the long run, far more beneficial then any of the 'fad' diets that are out there. Simply cutting out one(or more) food groups tends to have negative implications on your health.

The 'fad' diets are also unsustainable for the rest of your life whereas if you learn what a balanced diet looks like, and understand about portion control is, then you'll be set Smile.

Far too many people come of a 'fad' diet after loosing the desired weight and pile it all back on because they have no idea about balanced diets and portion control.

The basics of weight loss and gain are fairly simple in order to lose weight you need to have calorie deficit of at most 500kcal (this should lose about 2lbs/week and is the healthy weight loss rate), similarly in order to gain rate at about 1lb/week have a calorie surfeit of 500 kcal.

well i need to lose like 120pounds or so, and ive been workin out and so far ive lost 6pounds in 3 days, so should i keep on the atkins diet, so far its workin out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:39 pm

axxstrix wrote:

well i need to lose like 120pounds or so, and ive been workin out and so far ive lost 6pounds in 3 days, so should i keep on the atkins diet, so far its workin out.

If you particularly overweight (by the sound of how much you want to lose you are) then the initial loss will be more. Expect it to slow down though Smile

Also make sure you are drinking enough fluids as that is a phenomenal loss to achieve unless you are dehydrated! Although if you measured after eating for the first measurements and before for the second that could be believable to Smile)

Best thing to do is to weigh yourself at the same time of day e.g. before breakfast. Also look for changes over a week long period rather than day to day (You can look, just don't be discouraged if one day you've not lost anything or even gained a little)

Hope this helps and good luck Smile

To be honest you may want to see a doctor if you continue to loose weight at that rate as loosing a stone in a week aint good...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
axxstrix

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Tim wrote:
axxstrix wrote:

If you particularly overweight (by the sound of how much you want to lose you are) then the initial loss will be more. Expect it to slow down though Smile

Also make sure you are drinking enough fluids as that is a phenomenal loss to achieve unless you are dehydrated! Although if you measured after eating for the first measurements and before for the second that could be believable to Smile)

Best thing to do is to weigh yourself at the same time of day e.g. before breakfast. Also look for changes over a week long period rather than day to day (You can look, just don't be discouraged if one day you've not lost anything or even gained a little)

To be honest you may want to see a doctor if you continue to loose weight at that rate as loosing a stone in a week aint good...

thanks, and what do you mean loosing a stone.

and doctors dont realy do anything for me unless discourage me and tell me im huge..lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:40 pm

axxstrix wrote:
Tim wrote:
axxstrix wrote:

thanks, and what do you mean loosing a stone.

and doctors dont realy do anything for me unless discourage me and tell me im huge..lol.

Sorry, british Smile a stone is 14lbs, ~6.35kgs.

I know doctors can be a bit rubbish sometimes, a nutritionist would be best, but that's the easiest way to get to one here Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikeRoger

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 am

It worked for me for fast weight loss, lost 25# in 6 weeks, but as soon as I started to eat regularly I gained back about 40#. It is hard to stick to for the long run...Will you never again eat a bagel, pasta, potatoes, bread, a piece of cake? I don't think anyone can really live this way for life. Once off it is so hard to start over.

best diet plans
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:10 pm

MikeRoger wrote:
It worked for me for fast weight loss, lost 25# in 6 weeks, but as soon as I started to eat regularly I gained back about 40#. It is hard to stick to for the long run...Will you never again eat a bagel, pasta, potatoes, bread, a piece of cake? I don't think anyone can really live this way for life. Once off it is so hard to start over.

best diet plans

Going low carb and then eating one high carb meal won't undo all of your efforts. First you need to identify why you are eliminating the excessive carbs in the first place. If you're doing it simply to lose weight, then there are other ways to go about it. But if you're doing it because you believe that high carb foods are not good for you in certain aspects, you will be far more successful in your approach.

I personally believe that a paleo diet is the ideal diet nearly everyone. Some changes can be made for certain individuals, but most people function optimally on a relatively low carb diet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:53 pm

50-60% calories come from complex carbs (greens,long-grain rice, lentils, and beans,)

12 to 20% of your total daily calories should come from protein (tofu, beans, lentils, chick peas, nuts and other high-protein vegetables, also lean fresh cut meat).

30% of total daily calories should come from unsaturated fat. (fish, nuts, and certain fruits and vegetables, such as avocados.)

- Clinical review by David McCulloch, MD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Those individuals that are afraid of saturated fats show to me that they lack a basic understanding of biology and biochemistry. Saturated fats are main constituents of cell membranes. They're also necessary for proper hormone levels and overrall health. The body produces cholesterol because dietary cholesterol intake of most people isn't sufficient to meet the needs of the body. The body can up and downregulate cholesterol production as needed. Cholesterol is also necessary for proper hormone levels and many other functions in the body. Why fear egg yolks as the so called 'experts' say you should?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:45 pm

I like Al's newest blog. In a nutshell, Smile Do what works best for you and always question the agenda of the information in which it's coming from. I have no agenda just the pursuit of optimum health, I belong to no special dietary belief system and I caution strongly those who do.

No way is way - Bruce Lee

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RandallSmith30

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:14 am

In my opinion every diet has different effect on each person as there are lot of factors to consider, that includes age, sex, weight and height among others. But personally, I'd rather lose weigh by eating healthy and doing exercises than taking those diet fads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dietplansx.org
RandallSmith30

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:28 pm

And most importantly, it is advisable to consult a professional first before jumping into those diet thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dietplansx.org
ramjnkgha

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:53 am

i loss 10 kg in 2 weeks .and know i am fit and fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dietbestplans.com
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:00 am

ramjnkgha wrote:
i loss 10 kg in 2 weeks .and know i am fit and fine.

u cant become fit and fine in 2 weeks. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lee justin

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:06 am

When you cut down carbohydrates, your body converts from using carbohydrates for energy to burning fat as the primary energy source. This results in weight loss.
dietbestplans.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell me your opinion on atkins diet   

Back to top Go down

tell me your opinion on atkins diet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1