Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Bodyweight training for tall guys

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gapo1994

PostSubject: Bodyweight training for tall guys   Fri May 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Is Bodyweight training harder for tall guys , I am not a tall guy just asking cause of my friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stilkobg

PostSubject: Re: Bodyweight training for tall guys   Fri May 13, 2011 4:11 pm

I think it's just a bit a harder for taller guys to do stuff that involve core like L-sits, flags and levers but with the other stuff i think it's the same Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Bodyweight training for tall guys   Fri May 13, 2011 11:17 pm

its a shiton harder. We have a longer range of motion and more non-lean-bodymass to pull (bones etc). Ever notice you never see any tall gymnasts on a professional level?

If you want to be scientific, we have a longer 3rd class lever system. Basically, we get more leverage farther away from our body. Better for throwing balls, for example. Frontlever, as an example tho, is much harder. We have more weight farther away from our body.

Im 6"4 btw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zhulien

PostSubject: Re: Bodyweight training for tall guys   Sat May 14, 2011 2:49 am

It has its prons & cons. It will be a little bit harder for you to do moves like human flag, front lever, etc.. but in the same time it will be more impressive. In other way, the longer you're, the longer your muscles are which results in more power but less flexibility. Everything has its positive and negative sides..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcusuni

PostSubject: Re: Bodyweight training for tall guys   Sat May 14, 2011 10:39 am

I think it does make a difference. I'm 6"5 and pull ups seem to be much harder for me than others. My arms are so long it takes ages to get to the top of the movement. ha. However, it's still no excuse you've gota make the best with what you got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bodyweightconvict.blogspot.com/
black_ice

PostSubject: Re: Bodyweight training for tall guys   Wed May 18, 2011 12:34 pm

As a tall guy (6'4") I can definitely say it's harder. I have very long arms and legs and have a very hard time even getting into a handstand. Part of it is probably fear of falling because I have a long way to fall LOL. Here's an interesting article I found on FitnessBlackBook on Tall vs. Short...a very interesting read for both short and all guys alike

Fitness Black Book Article
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyweight training for tall guys   Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm 6'6 (198cm) and I can attest that it is way harder. I'm sitting at 2-3 pullups, I can pistol squat down to a weight bench for 10 reps each leg, I can do 14 pushups before feeling like I'm stuck in molasses, and I can hold a handstand against the wall for about a minute.

I do have a lot of weight, 270lbs (122kg) but I've got about 25% body fat so I'm pretty sure where a good chunk of my time is going to be spent 😂.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bodyweight training for tall guys   

Back to top Go down

Bodyweight training for tall guys
Page 1 of 1