Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Zero Gravity crew reppin Seattle/ getting calisthenic parks built by the city?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Upper Echelon

PostSubject: Zero Gravity crew reppin Seattle/ getting calisthenic parks built by the city?   Tue May 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Just holding it down up here in the Northwest aka The Fresh Coast. A few fellas and i have just started our own personal journey's into the world of bars and right now we get it in on power towers or maybe a local playground because we lack( as in zero,zilch,nada) calisthenic parks here in Seattle. With that said, my question is how do we go about approaching our city officials with the idea of consructing 4 or 5 calisthenic parks throughout the city? Its kinda hard to put new brothas and sistas on to the movement if there's nowhere to show and prove. I thought about approaching my neighborhood alderman/ city councilman with this idea, but I'm not sure if he's the right person to talk to. Then i thought about approaching the city parks and rec. dept. but not sure if they'll give me the run around. Either way i just don't want this movement that we're trying to promote here in Seattle to fall on deaf ears. So if anyone has any knowledge about how to pursue these matters with the powers that be, we'd greatly appreciate the guidance... Thanks for your time.....Water...... farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Zero Gravity crew reppin Seattle/ getting calisthenic parks built by the city?   Tue May 24, 2011 10:47 pm

I'm working on this at the moment.

First, put some informaton togther to give to the right people. Those people are your local parks and recreation board. The information is mainly how much is this going to cost? That's where you do the research for them. Connect with multple suppliers and builders find the cost for everything. Put it in a folder with a letter expaining your ideas and prices, phone numbers, local resident endorsements. go sit in on some meetings and be patient. It might take years. but follow through and keep on them.

Good Luck!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Upper Echelon

PostSubject: Re: Zero Gravity crew reppin Seattle/ getting calisthenic parks built by the city?   Wed May 25, 2011 3:46 pm

thanks for the information Johnny i really appreciate it. if you make any progress there in Pittsburgh i'd like to know how it turns out. Like what worked and what didn't work. So keep me posted bro.... L8r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero Gravity crew reppin Seattle/ getting calisthenic parks built by the city?   

Back to top Go down

Zero Gravity crew reppin Seattle/ getting calisthenic parks built by the city?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1