Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris Partlow

PostSubject: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:39 pm

I've seen the barbarians holding bricks, but could resistance bands be used to simulate a weighted pullup?

I do weighted exercises when I'm in the gym but I don't have a way to do them when I'm outside at the park...do you guys think this would work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   Sun May 01, 2011 8:45 am

if u can find a way to get the resistance bands to pull u down while u pull urself up then yes. resistance is resistance. but how u wanna get some resistance bands to do that? O,o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DNL

PostSubject: Re: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   Sun May 01, 2011 11:56 am

I'm not sure if resistance bands can give you a constant pulling force, but should work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Badbomm

PostSubject: Re: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   Sun May 01, 2011 5:31 pm

I tried it today, it worked, but the weighted pullup with dumbells or west or whatever is in my opinion much better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Partlow

PostSubject: Re: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   Sun May 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Pulldoggpull- not sure, that's what I'm trying to figure out

Mr.Badbomm- what did you attach them to?

I like using weights/dumbbells in the gym, but I want to use the resistance bands in the park. I don't want to have to carry weights all the way there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   Mon May 02, 2011 2:12 am

Chris a rock or something will be ideal but i think if u can find a rock then to do pull ups with it Razz

Maybe u can place moderate weight on a bag and use it as a weight vest. So u can both got it with u to go to the park easily, use it on pull ups and maybe for some other weighted work.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Badbomm

PostSubject: Re: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   Mon May 02, 2011 8:45 am

I used a punchingbag. I just knotted both ends of the resistance bands together, so its a circle, then put it arround the punchingback and get your legs in. Done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   Mon May 02, 2011 8:48 am

Chris Partlow, i use resistance band i have a set of ripcords they are great for dips i use all the bands together for dips. Its a different type of resistance that moves, i couldn't find a way to use them for pullups i just use weight belt + plates.Maybe if you find a way to attach them for a belt around your waist to the ground somehow but if you can try a backpack with bricks or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?   

Back to top Go down

Resistance Bands to substitute for weighted pull ups?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1