Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pain on shoulder bone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1stratos1

PostSubject: Pain on shoulder bone   Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Well i think its named clavicle its the bone above the chest and it gives me small pain. The pain is in the clavicle bone's side thats about to touch sternum. I feel that little pain only when i move my shoulder back and a bit down. And if i press it there it hurt a bit but dont know if i done it cause i pressed it a bit sometimes after it started giving me some pain.

It dont look something serious as it looks like going away every day (i dont have it more than 3 days with pain) but i want to know what made it happen? It looks like if i do pull ups then after a bit it will maybe get worse.

Anyway cause of school's examines and cause my back of shoulder tendons or whatever look like need recovery i wont workout for 2-3 days.

Well thnx in advance for ur response i hope i ll be ok soon Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DNL

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Do you have a pain while doing dips?
The other thing might be, that you didnt keep your shoulders tight while doing pull ups but just relaxed your arms too much while coming down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:10 pm

No i dont remember any pain while doing dips.
Well i remember maybe less than a month i got a pain there again but i rested a bit and it left. Also these days i wasnt able to resist and was doing a set of some pull ups little less than max without any warm up. Also one day i done some muscle up tries etc and pull ups that i done without warm up or cool down, then the next day was tired, pull ups was hard, but i done one or two sets with some pull ups near failure without warm up ...

Is it hmm bone problem or something just attached to bone like tendon or whatever?

BTW thnx for ur fast reply Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DNL

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Nono, if it would be a bone problem the pain would be reeeaalllly big.
I advice you to take a rest and next time you do smth to have a good wamup. Shoulders and elbows are getting often damaged while doing sports, that why you should take care of them. If you still feel pain, you should visit a doctor, because if you feel pain in the shoulder area, it mustn't mean, that it's the shoulder itself. Spine and some problems with the organs may cause pain in the shoulder area.

Hope it helped a bit =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:41 pm

yeah thnx as its not bone it wont be anything serious so rest is the key Smile

I ll put also some ice and a cream (voltaren emulgel if it is worldwide known) and do some arm raises , circles etc and some gently static stretches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:59 pm

yo DNL, just curious i tried one two dips on my chair and i can tell u it bothers me (hmm really low pain) when i do dips , on pull ups is less pain than dip like almost nothing.

I dont know how much i ll be able not to workout...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DNL

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:11 am

Really hard to tell you what it might be =\...
Try to warmup really good on shoulders and elbows and not to go lower then 90 degrees while doing dips
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:39 am

And i guess if i workout and next day is worse i ll must rest for 1 week and re-check later. Anyway i ll rest a bit more hoping that will heal soon Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pilku

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:05 pm

I also feel a slight pain on my clavicle, especially when doing parallel bar dips. The pain starts right after I have fully pushed myself up on the bars. Any idea what might be causing it and how to prevent it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain on shoulder bone   

Back to top Go down

Pain on shoulder bone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1