Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:17 am

ok 2 years back i got my first muscle up and at first it kinda hurts my elbow whenever i do it.

then i got used to it and i was able to do 10 straight mu's last year before i injured my wrist. took few months to fully recover my wrist and when i start doing again it took up a LOT of energy compared to last time.

i gave up on doing it much and now when i start to do it back my body really hurts. especially my elbow area and back. previously i did a lot of bodyweight tricep extension and it hurts my elbow even more at first and with mu's it just hurt even more. recently i just pulled the right side of my back muscles. it doesnt really affect my pullups, just hurt while doing it but it hurts a lot more when doing mu's.

i went for body massages to ease the pain of my back muscle and elbows but i think it just made my mu's weaker cuz whenever i attempt to do it, it hurts a lot.

however, my pull and push strength (pullups, dips, pushups) are getting better but can someone tell me how i could overcome this kinda pain from doing mu's? it hurts a lot just to do ONE now. your help will be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:37 am

sorry to hear about the injurys bro

are you stretching every muscle in your upper body before and after training? also do you warm up your muscles before proper training starts?

focus on negatives, thats what i'm doing. do bar dips and gradually go lower until you feel your body is ready to do a negative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:43 am

grishenko45 wrote:
sorry to hear about the injurys bro

are you stretching every muscle in your upper body before and after training? also do you warm up your muscles before proper training starts?

focus on negatives, thats what i'm doing. do bar dips and gradually go lower until you feel your body is ready to do a negative.

i appreciate the concern. i do arm raises at every angle as possible to keep my shoulders warmed up. i stretch my wrist but i rarely do stretching for other parts of muscle before and after training. especially after training. would you please share some of stretches for before and after training?

bar dips meaning straight bar dips right? yea i think i should focus on negatives first. thanks a lot bro.
Back to top Go down
grims

PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 am

Well i would recommend to see a physician cause from my point of view it could be a problem with ulnar nerve(if its your elbow).So i would recommend for you to go to a physician and he will tell you is it a problem with a muscle or a nerve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 am

grims wrote:
Well i would recommend to see a physician cause from my point of view it could be a problem with ulnar nerve(if its your elbow).So i would recommend for you to go to a physician and he will tell you is it a problem with a muscle or a nerve.

funny thing my elbow doesnt hurt doing dips. probably a lil bit while doing diamonds. and it didnt hurt when i was able to do muscle ups last time. what if its a problem with the nerves?
Back to top Go down
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:39 am

MU's are hard on the elbows in the change from pullup to dip both up and down.

i suggest you look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LittleBeastM#p/u/40/VYTXBwRiZQ8

it's littlebeastm's upper body stretching video.

you say you stretch your shoulder and wrists - thats good.

also before you start your actual workout - just do a few pullup negatives and dip negatives to get muscles warm before putting full stress on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grims

PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:24 am

If its a nerve problem i think the physician will tell you to visit a neurologist, and the neurologist will proscribe a salve that cointains deklofinak(it removes pain), and some pain killing meds that will help you to restart your nerve, so it would work properly.Im not realy a doctor.I'm only studying to become a physician.So i cant realy tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:05 pm

thanks G's. really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS   

Back to top Go down

HELP WITH MUSCLE UPS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top