Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
creeker

PostSubject: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:42 am

hi !! and thanks for reading this . it would be nice if you people would help me with those moves . i work out about 3x week . I weight about 207.2 pounds & im 5ft9inch tall .. my current strength level is

pullup : 15
pushup : 37
dips : 27

so ive been pushing myself about 7 months no with no progress on mu:s
and ive noticed that im starting to lose motivation . thats why im asking you people what kind of workout plan should i have .. i usually train on tuesday,thursday,saturday if that makes any difference..

how long rest periods between sets do you guys keep & how long does your workout usually take.. do you have some kind of workout plan .. because .. what i do now is i do little bit everything until im exausted ..
is that wrong .. does that eventually lead to overtraining .. thank you all in advance .. and sorry for the lenght Wink lot on my mind ...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:21 am

creeker wrote:
hi !! and thanks for reading this . it would be nice if you people would help me with those moves . i work out about 3x week . I weight about 207.2 pounds & im 5ft9inch tall .. my current strength level is

pullup : 15
pushup : 37
dips : 27

so ive been pushing myself about 7 months no with no progress on mu:s
and ive noticed that im starting to lose motivation . thats why im asking you people what kind of workout plan should i have .. i usually train on tuesday,thursday,saturday if that makes any difference..

how long rest periods between sets do you guys keep & how long does your workout usually take.. do you have some kind of workout plan .. because .. what i do now is i do little bit everything until im exausted ..
is that wrong .. does that eventually lead to overtraining .. thank you all in advance .. and sorry for the lenght Wink lot on my mind ...

read this -> http://bar-barians.forumotions.net/t2699-when-to-train-again

and about the mu's, it takes practice. you have to keep trying until u get up there. try going with a short bar first. start by jumping and get urself to the top position of muscle up, go down and then try to go back up to top position. if you fail to do so, keep trying again until u get back up. you have to try attempt this everytime before u workout. it might take a week, more or less. heck it took me almost a month. and remember u weigh almost a 100kilos so you its not easy to do mus for u. takes a lot of training and patience. look up for muscle up tutorial somewhere in this forum. or youtube it. theres plenty. and most importantly, you gotta keep picturing yourself that you could do it. all the best bro.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
DNL

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 am

The way I trained MU's was by doing pull-ups with extra weight. As I hit 15 pullups, started hanging 10 pounds on me and then 2.5 pounds extra each week. As you will be able to do 10 pull ups with 30-40 pounds, MU's will be no more a problem for you! =) Hope it helped!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattseefood

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:19 am

Right now I'm trying to train for MUs by doing them with lower bars. Although I'm not that successful yet. I think I need to increase my pull up numbers first (around max 12 right now). But doing them with lower bars are easier cus your jump gets you at a higher point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
creeker

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 pm

thank you all for answering .. and how about training lenght and what kind of or many sets do you people do and what exercises ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrishurst

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Like everyone else says it just takes practice, both moves are really technique based so tutorials will help. The weighted pull up will be your best friend when trying to get muscle ups, as well as negatives. Just train hard and you'll get there. Once you do, keep training to keep them. Haha, happy training Bar-Brothers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
creeker

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:43 am

update Smile did workout today and just for the fun of it decided to try weighted pullups palms facing away from me .. with 44pounds and managed to struggle 10 pullups .. do you guys train the negatives for mu with extra weight or without .. thank you all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael8christian

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:23 am

MUs are about technique. try it everyday and You must do it in one week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
creeker

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Sun May 15, 2011 8:43 pm

ive made some progress . yesterday i tried mu.. havent tried for a while .. was focusing on negatives . but anyway i managed to get myself on top of the bar by one hand at the time . how should i progress from here .. (get more reps one hand at the time or lot more negatives ... will one hand at the time teach me some bad habits or something ... and thank you all who have answered me ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zhulien

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Mon May 16, 2011 7:39 am

Continue doing one arm first MUs until you have enough strength for the proper form. Be patient, it will take some time but you're on your way. I actually managed to do my first normal MU after about a week and a half after doing my first crappy form one arm first MU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 am

The way i did it initially was doing lots of explosive pull-ups, just trying to get as high as I could could.

Also make sure you warm up well before doing them. With no warm up i might be able to do 1 proper MU, but more likely none and 4-5 ish 1-arm first MUs. With warm up, did 5 proper MUs no hassle this am Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stilkobg

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Mon May 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Maybe it's not the place to ask but is using momentum for the MU ok cause some guys say "you use momentum blah blah...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zhulien

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Mon May 16, 2011 4:22 pm

stilkobg wrote:
Maybe it's not the place to ask but is using momentum for the MU ok cause some guys say "you use momentum blah blah...."

The only muscle up, done without using momentum is the slow muscle up, so yes, using momentum is okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stilkobg

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   Mon May 16, 2011 4:23 pm

The only muscle up, done without using momentum is the slow muscle up, so yes, using momentum is okay.[/quote]
Thanks, I feel relieved Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand   

Back to top Go down

Trying & trying but still not getting there .. need help at mu & press to handstand
Page 1 of 1