Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tips/Advice for a beginner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LondonBoi20

PostSubject: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:44 pm

wassup guys,

I've finally taken that step to get my body into shape as ive been neglecting it for too many years now. I need your help to suggest to me a basic newbie schedule, weather it be i do something everyday or not.

this is what i can do to my maxium:

push ups: 30

Pull ups: 03

Dips: 10

can't do muscle ups or none of that stuff lol

and i seriously need to get a strong core as as one day i would like to be able to the 'human flag'

as you lot can see i can't do alot since i've just started this week but i want to work on everything including my cardio cause i suffer from asthma. so i would appreciate any advice/tips

I am willing to put the work in. Can't carry on destroying my body

Thanks in advance
Peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dacicsak

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:18 pm

LondonBoi20 wrote:
wassup guys,

I've finally taken that step to get my body into shape as ive been neglecting it for too many years now. I need your help to suggest to me a basic newbie schedule, weather it be i do something everyday or not.

this is what i can do to my maxium:

push ups: 30

Pull ups: 03

Dips: 10

can't do muscle ups or none of that stuff lol

and i seriously need to get a strong core as as one day i would like to be able to the 'human flag'

as you lot can see i can't do alot since i've just started this week but i want to work on everything including my cardio cause i suffer from asthma. so i would appreciate any advice/tips

I am willing to put the work in. Can't carry on destroying my body

Thanks in advance
Peace

Greetings!

Well, u have to improve a lot in pullups, but your pushing is strong, well done man!

I suggest you to do these basic exercises for upped body till u got a higher level.

-Pullup
-Dip
-Chinup
-Pushup

this is for upperbody!

Lets see some core: hanging leg raises can build strong core, L sit hold, planks, side planks, lower back training is important too!

as for lowerbody! do some jumproping on one leg, to hit the calf muscle more, jumping squats, pylometric lunges are great! one leg squats or one leg deadlift can be harder for u, but u will know what is your level.

for Cardio and asthma do running and jumproping( on 2 legs) while you breath deeply to the abdomen, to the stomach i mean.

Sleep at least 8 hours (with resting enough u will get bigger), and eat a lot (it must contain some fruit and vegetables) to feed those muscles

Dont forget! Be patient! try not to do the human flag till you get the strength because it can be dangerouse.

here is a little help for improving your pullups (thanks for Daniel):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAyEuZNvzm8

I hope i could help! if u have questions...ASK! Smile

train smart! and good luck with your training!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Get your max numbers up to around these:

Push up: 40-50
Pull up: 15-20
Dips: 30-40

Train with different grips and hand positions for push ups and pull ups.
Also try and do horizontal body rows. It can be tough to find somewhere to do them(maybe a table or something), but they're a great move that's pretty underappreciated.

As you get closer to these numbers, start working on false grip work for muscle ups. Those plus negatives should get you to a muscle up. You might need explosive work(clapping pull ups) to get you there.

Once you get those numbers, you can add weight to the moves if you'd like, or you can work on more advanced stuff(planche, handstand, one arm chin, etc.)

Go into a workout with a set idea of what you're gonna do. Don't freestyle as a beginner. Don't add reps or intensity too fast. Don't train to failure every time you train if you train everyday. Form is a lot more important than weight or number of reps used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LondonBoi20

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 pm

so how can i increase my push ups if my max 30?

how long roughly do u start to see and feel a change in your body?

like if i put the work in would by the end of the year would see and feel a proper difference?

how do u work your lower back cause ive been suffering from back pains which i put it down to neglect.

and can u really get a lean body just from the bar and pushups?

thanks
LondonBoi20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dacicsak

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:58 pm

LondonBoi20 wrote:
so how can i increase my push ups if my max 30?

how long roughly do u start to see and feel a change in your body?

like if i put the work in would by the end of the year would see and feel a proper difference?

how do u work your lower back cause ive been suffering from back pains which i put it down to neglect.

and can u really get a lean body just from the bar and pushups?

thanks
LondonBoi20

if u want to increase your pushups do pyramids pushups. Its look like: 2,4,6,8,10,8,6,4,2. Its very useful way for increase reps.

Well, it depends on the person. If u watch out for training, resting enough and eat well, u can progress fast.

U can absolutely feel and see difference! the important thing is: give your body what it needs.

For lower back (thanks for Daniel):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8TCglomNoo

But it doeanst mean u have a neglected lowerback if there is a pain...

U can DEFINETELY get a muscular body, with nice muscles and really big strength u gain.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarineMotivatedMe

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:19 am

stick with the basics for now. build up a strong foundation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LondonBoi20

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:42 pm

wassup

I've just been doing my push ups all week and bought "jml iron gym" on saturday cause i want to build up some strength before i go to the park. my push ups are going good. But once i do about 3 chin ups all my energy is gone for most of the day. I can't even do a pull up which i could 3 before and my forearms are killing me!! it really seems hard to believe that i would be able to do ONE pull up with correct form cause i on the iron gym i can just about hold myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uk Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

It takes time for your muscles to gain strength for a different movement just rest for that day no biggie, then when your body feels right hit the pull ups again. No rush bro your numbers will come up. Practice your form for good quality over quantity if you do 1 good one so what . good form always helps you stay clear from injury. makes you stronger too because the right muscles are doing the work, and also growing, in the right proportion

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:58 pm

jay uk wrote:
It takes time for your muscles to gain strength for a different movement just rest for that day no biggie, then when your body feels right hit the pull ups again. No rush bro your numbers will come up. Practice your form for good quality over quantity if you do 1 good one so what . good form always helps you stay clear from injury. makes you stronger too because the right muscles are doing the work, and also growing, in the right proportion

Very Happy

Word. Slow and steady progress for a long time is better than hitting goals fast and getting injured. Who knows, maybe in a few decades there will be lots of guys doing one arm handstand push ups Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips/Advice for a beginner   

Back to top Go down

Tips/Advice for a beginner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1