Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

One hand pull up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gapo1994

PostSubject: One hand pull up    Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:35 pm

can you please tell me what are the best exercise for doing one handed pull up?? I mean how to become strong enough for doing it??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Gapo wrote:
can you please tell me what are the best exercise for doing one handed pull up?? I mean how to become strong enough for doing it??

Weighted pull-ups, and negative one-arm pull ups Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disembowelment

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Tim wrote:
Gapo wrote:

Weighted pull-ups, and negative one-arm pull ups Smile

yes!

also try assisted one arm pull ups, get a towel, rope, ring, or whatever else you can think of and wrap it around your bar, now grab the bar with one arm and grab the towel/rope/etc with your other arm but lower (around shoulder level works for me at the moment, if you're stronger you can use less help from your other arm by grabbing lower, if you're weaker you can grab the towel higher for more help from your other arm) and proceed to do a chin up as usual. hope that makes sense...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:40 am

it comes in time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:15 am

daniel's 1st video is great example of how to slowly increase your weighted reps...if you can't do another rep - jump up and do the negative - that's really helped - thanks daniel!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gapo1994

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 am

Thank you guys ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
p'titor

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:02 pm

During tree weeks you don't workout at all and you just swim every day but not like crazy. After these three weeks you just hang a branch with one hand and you pull and very easily you will get your chin over the branch, then you just do the same with your second hand.

You think that is a stupid joke ?

It's what has happened to me last summer !

I had been training to get the OAC during the spring, I was doing assisted OAC with one hand down or one hand and one or two finger of the other hand, negative OAC and one arm static hold. I still wasn't able to do an OAC then I went in holiday for 3 weeks, like I said, during these threeweeks I didn't workout at all, I was just swimming every day but not like if it was a workout. And when I came back home I was able to do one OAC with both hand and very easily. I started again to workout But not for OAC, mainly for endurance and after 2 weeks I wasn't anymore able to do an OAC, I could do only half way. At the moment I mainly doing cross country skiing so about bodyweight I'm just doing the basic. I think I will start again to work for OAC in mai after the ski season ... We will see...

I would be happy to have your opinion about what I wrote. Because I still don't understand.

Sorry for my English.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disembowelment

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm

p'titor wrote:
During tree weeks you don't workout at all and you just swim every day but not like crazy. After these three weeks you just hang a branch with one hand and you pull and very easily you will get your chin over the branch, then you just do the same with your second hand.

I had been training to get the OAC during the spring, I was doing assisted OAC with one hand down or one hand and one or two finger of the other hand, negative OAC and one arm static hold. I still wasn't able to do an OAC then I went in holiday for 3 weeks, like I said, during these threeweeks I didn't workout at all, I was just swimming every day but not like if it was a workout. And when I came back home I was able to do one OAC with both hand and very easily. I started again to workout But not for OAC, mainly for endurance and after 2 weeks I wasn't anymore able to do an OAC, I could do only half way. At the moment I mainly doing cross country skiing so about bodyweight I'm just doing the basic. I think I will start again to work for OAC in mai after the ski season ... We will see...

I would be happy to have your opinion about what I wrote. Because I still don't understand.

Sorry for my English.

Interesting! I guess it's a matter of proper rest for a very strong move. I would imagine training your hardest lift or move everyday is counter productive. Meaning you are better off hitting it once or twice a week.

What do u guys think? Weird that you could do a Rep but then went back to training for it and couldn't get it. Does that mean you actually lost strength by training?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Well i think that u are just tied cause of the workout u had recently. Even if u sleep and day one take rest u still not be 100%. Cause i used to workout every 3 days if i do some pull ups etc one day before the workout i see that i cant do that much in the workout cause im tired, the same goes the next day of my workout. If i try to max out my pull ups i wont get my really max.

I hope that make sense , thats what i believe that u maybe be better next day but u are not full 100% and u need about 3-5 days depends how much u stressed ur body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gapo1994

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 pm

p'titor wrote:

Sorry for my English.

most likely you're just tired ... i hope you will be able to do your OAC soon again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al_Kavadlo

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

p'titor wrote:

Sorry for my English.
This is an unusual story but it's amazing what a little active recovery can do for ya! Seriously, it's good to give your body rest from time to time.

Disembowelment wrote:

Interesting! I guess it's a matter of proper rest for a very strong move. I would imagine training your hardest lift or move everyday is counter productive. Meaning you are better off hitting it once or twice a week.

What do u guys think?

I concur - especially when you're easing into a new skill.

To the OP, check out this article I wrote on training for one arm pull-up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.AlKavadlo.com
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 pm

p'titor wrote:

Sorry for my English.

active recovery! 3 weeks! lol. maybe u lost some weight ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
p'titor

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:55 pm

One detail more in spring and before I went in holidays I wasn't working out every day, only 3-4 times a week
One thing is, I think important to point out is that during these three weeks I didn't loose strenght. So I think that Al-Kavadlo is right when he say : "Seriously, it's good to give your body rest from time to time". And we don't have to be afraid to do it.
Good luck with your training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One hand pull up    

Back to top Go down

One hand pull up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1