Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
guziecpunx

PostSubject: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi everybody, I've joined this board some time ago. Been olny reading, since I do not have much experience nor achievements in calisthenics.

Decided to share my story with you. Some might find it inspirational/motivational.

Most of my life I evaded physical exercise. I was born in a typical "scientific" family, which means there was a strong pressure towards mind development. I always had good grades, but was considered a typical "nerd" - meaning that nearly all my classmates had a physical advantage over me, and even used it sometimes. I often cheated myself that someday I will start training something and finally kick their asses. But years have passed - besides scientific acheivements and good grades I did nothing.

To make things worse, in high school I joined a local punk crew and autodestruction period of my life begun. Alcohol, smokes(I didn't smoke, but was constantly around people who did) nightlife and lots of other stupid things. Thank God I didn't do any sort of drugs. But I never refused alcohol - weak willpower I guess. I woke up at the age of 21 - midtime of my university education. I did weigh 143 lbs at 6 ft 2! Horribly thin. Healthy eating habits didn't exist - I ate mostly cheap processed foods, had no constant mealtimes and looked horrible. I slept a lot. Over 10 hours a night and few hours during daytime - and even though I was constantly tired and unable to do any larger physical effort.

Terrible hangover on 1st Jan 2008. f**k, time do do something about it. Decided to drop alcohol completely, did some cash bets on it to have extra motivation. After a few months I added running - first run ended in crawl, headspins and vomit after 2,5 kilometers. Next day pain was horrible. f**k it, I ran almost everyday with my fists tightened and teeth clenched. Started to read and composed my first diet to put on some weight - amount of calories was large, because I didn't want to drop running.

In may 2008 I went to the gym, but I didn't liked it. Static, slow movement, olny one muscle group working, not being elastic nor stretched. f**k it. I dropped it after 6 months. Some time later while surfing on the web I found this site and sinked into it. Read a lot and started execising only with my bodyweight. Started training about april 2009.

After two years I am able to run a marathon, I weigh 198 lbs, sleep olny 7 hours a day, feel light, relaxed and energetic. I am also getting closer to b-barians requiements every day. My looks have improved substantially, which have affected my social life. I am sober 2 years now and don't need alcohol to have a great time. And the apetite is growing. I am very enthusiastic about future - seeing your videos - especially Dawalli's and Metin's makes me thing - if i am doing this for olny 7 months and my skills are improving all the time - what will I look like and could do after 2 or 3 years? ARGH!

But what I am trying to say is: most people will drag you down - tell you loads of bullshit to feed your and their own complexes. If they will see that you are getting better at something, they will feel obliged to compete - its evolutionary. And people do not want to compete. They feel safe in front of their TV eating snacks living an average life.

"Why won't you drink with us" , "c'mon it won't do anything, it will take you years, if you even achieve this", and my favourite "you will break eventually". f**k them. I won't. And each passing day I am a living example, that even a fucked up kid with issues can do so.

Never give up. Set a positive example. People WILL notice.

Cheers and happy New Year to all of you. God bless!

PS. Sorry for any pronunciation or grammar mistakes I did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://conservativepunk.net
Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:37 am

Nice to hear your on the right path. I too had a tough time with this, check out my introduction post. We've come along way bro.

No going back, just up and over!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:51 pm

guziecpunx wrote:
Hi everybody, I've joined this board some time ago. Been olny reading, since I do not have much experience nor achievements in calisthenics.

Decided to share my story with you. Some might find it inspirational/motivational.

Most of my life I evaded physical exercise. I was born in a typical "scientific" family, which means there was a strong pressure towards mind development. I always had good grades, but was considered a typical "nerd" - meaning that nearly all my classmates had a physical advantage over me, and even used it sometimes. I often cheated myself that someday I will start training something and finally kick their asses. But years have passed - besides scientific acheivements and good grades I did nothing.

To make things worse, in high school I joined a local punk crew and autodestruction period of my life begun. Alcohol, smokes(I didn't smoke, but was constantly around people who did) nightlife and lots of other stupid things. Thank God I didn't do any sort of drugs. But I never refused alcohol - weak willpower I guess. I woke up at the age of 21 - midtime of my university education. I did weigh 143 lbs at 6 ft 2! Horribly thin. Healthy eating habits didn't exist - I ate mostly cheap processed foods, had no constant mealtimes and looked horrible. I slept a lot. Over 10 hours a night and few hours during daytime - and even though I was constantly tired and unable to do any larger physical effort.

Terrible hangover on 1st Jan 2008. f**k, time do do something about it. Decided to drop alcohol completely, did some cash bets on it to have extra motivation. After a few months I added running - first run ended in crawl, headspins and vomit after 2,5 kilometers. Next day pain was horrible. f**k it, I ran almost everyday with my fists tightened and teeth clenched. Started to read and composed my first diet to put on some weight - amount of calories was large, because I didn't want to drop running.

In may 2008 I went to the gym, but I didn't liked it. Static, slow movement, olny one muscle group working, not being elastic nor stretched. f**k it. I dropped it after 6 months. Some time later while surfing on the web I found this site and sinked into it. Read a lot and started execising only with my bodyweight. Started training about april 2009.

After two years I am able to run a marathon, I weigh 198 lbs, sleep olny 7 hours a day, feel light, relaxed and energetic. I am also getting closer to b-barians requiements every day. My looks have improved substantially, which have affected my social life. I am sober 2 years now and don't need alcohol to have a great time. And the apetite is growing. I am very enthusiastic about future - seeing your videos - especially Dawalli's and Metin's makes me thing - if i am doing this for olny 7 months and my skills are improving all the time - what will I look like and could do after 2 or 3 years? ARGH!

But what I am trying to say is: most people will drag you down - tell you loads of bullshit to feed your and their own complexes. If they will see that you are getting better at something, they will feel obliged to compete - its evolutionary. And people do not want to compete. They feel safe in front of their TV eating snacks living an average life.

"Why won't you drink with us" , "c'mon it won't do anything, it will take you years, if you even achieve this", and my favourite "you will break eventually". f**k them. I won't. And each passing day I am a living example, that even a fucked up kid with issues can do so.

Never give up. Set a positive example. People WILL notice.

Cheers and happy New Year to all of you. God bless!

PS. Sorry for any pronunciation or grammar mistakes I did.

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you've enjoyed my videos. I too have been very inspired by the Bar-barians and the members on the forums here, so much so that I'm doing things at 41 I could never do at 21.

Stay on the path!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 am

great story there dude!
"Never give up. Set a positive example. People WILL notice" - great line!

keep at it - and continue posting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 am

Awesome story, glad to have you here and can't wait to see some videos from you in the near future!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   

Back to top Go down

My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1