Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
youngbarboy95

PostSubject: NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT   Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi guys, just wanted some advice on how to get max success and results from my workouts.

I am 15 and have been working out in gym for like 2 years now. I have recently started doing more calisthenics.

My maxes for calisthenic excersizes are as follows,

60 push ups, 10 pull ups 15 dips 0 muscle ups

How should I workout so that i can increase my pull up number more and even be able to do muscle ups?
I am willing to put in the time and effort but I just need to know exactly what to do lol.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT   Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 pm

To get your pullup numbers up, do pyramids or ladders. A pyramid is like 1, 2, 3....10, 9...1. Since your max is 10 I wouldnt go all the way up to 10. Try 1...5...1 maybe, or lower. Rest could be the number of reps completed in the previous set (1 rep = 1 second rest). A ladder is 1, 2, 3....until you fail. For example lets say you did 5, next set you should get 6, but you only got 4, you then stop the set and that is your ladder. Rest a minute or two and start back at 1, or you can just start back at 1 after you rest your desired rest time and continue the ladder again. Rest could be the same as what I said for the pyramid or you can rest 20-30 seconds after reps. Another thing you can do is do sets of 5 or a little less, each minute on the minute, until you cant do another set of 5. So you start, do 5 reps, rest the remaining minute, and continue like that.

The same method can be used to get your dip numbers up.

For muscle ups you can try swinging and kicking with your legs to try to get a rep, but i would recommend waiting until your pullup max is like 15+, but its always good to try to see where you are at.

There are other methods, so check out the forum, and probably other people will say their input
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharaz

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT   Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Use 'search' function
Back to top Go down
View user profile
youngbarboy95

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT   Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Thank for the tip i will try that tonight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT   Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:35 pm

youngbarboy95 wrote:

yo mate,

how can ur push ups be 60 and your dips 15..? :S thats a heavy difference and ur like using triceps chest shoulders etc in both. dunno find it kinda strange. u mean cleant lockout chest almost touch floor push ups..?

vladimir gave good advice.

my advice would be, just do them. simply challenge urself in every workout and do them pull ups and dip and your numbers will go up all by themselves! listen to your body Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT   Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:02 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
youngbarboy95 wrote:

yo mate,

how can ur push ups be 60 and your dips 15..? :S thats a heavy difference and ur like using triceps chest shoulders etc in both....

Might have only just started dips, but been doing pressups for ages, you don't use your shoulders half as much for press-ups and it takes a couple of weeks to build the muscle there to bring the numbers more in line...

What the other guys have said is all very good, pyramids and ladders are great Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
youngbarboy95

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT   Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Yeah I have started dips quite recently , I do more wide grip push ups which works more chest then tricep. I will most defiantly challenge myself more thanks guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT   

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP WITH MY WORKOUT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1