Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gos

PostSubject: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:13 am

Hello everyone, first of all sorry for my english don´t speek very well.
I am new to this forum, I have seen lots of videos in youtube about bar-training, and I came here with a doubt.
Want to create an rutine to start up, but I am very new to this type of training and I will apreciate any help or advice.

First of all, a short presentation:

I am 1.70 m high and weith 70 - 71 kg.
I have been training martial arts around 13 years now ( still doing them ), Taekwondo and Jiu-Jitsu.
I am used to large sessions of CARDIO like rope-skipping for very large period of times with no stop, like for example 30 - 40 minutes / day - been starting whit this rope-skipping when I was 85 kg and in a matter of 1 and a half month, I get to 70 kilos it just rip the fat off my body and now my abs are starting to shown very vell.
As for HEAVY lifting, I am not very use to this tipe of training, always for the sports I do I was concerning more in large periods of Cardio and resistance training ( i could run 20 kilometers no problem ).
I am very bad with weigts lifting and normal pushups (not on the bar, on the ground ) for example I could do around 30 - 35 to collapse and my arms will burn.

My doubts about Bar training are the following since I have read on the forum and other fitness forums and mase up things:

1. You train dayli but in order to grow up the muscles, the body needs some 72 hours of resting ? If so, you guys train different tipes of muscles each day to alow them the rest, or simply train them with no rest ? This will not burn up muscles and get to loose lots of weight and have tin arms ? ( want to build some big arms, chest and good abs like you ).

2. About nutrition, in order to grow muscle you need to take a lots of Protein and eat very good, yet I learn around here seems to prefer vegetables over meat ? The muscle will grow up with vegetables ? I always belived vegetables + cardio are more to burn weight and loose fat ( try it and lost some 15 kgs in 1 and a half month ! ).

3. After starting a bar-rutine, it is better to let the Cardio rutines i have, since they are burning to much fat or muscle ? I am used to 30 - 40 minutes of rope-skipping wich burns up a lot of fat, it would be bad to keep doing tis cardio workout once I start bar-training and looke for muscle build ( big arms ) ?

These are my primary doubts, I will keep reading here about training rutines and try to figure out my own to start up righ away.

thankyou and sorry for so large post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Don't worry too much. Just start doing your pushups,pullups,and dips everyday or do upperbody one day and lower body and core the next. Get an idea of how many calories you are eating and if you aint gaining any weight eat more (healthy food). Say you eat 3000 cals a day and aren't gaining, go up to 3500 eventually you will gain just make sure it's from good sources.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:22 pm

i agree with bdog , start doing ur workout and u ll see from the progression if u need to change something. Well one way is to do one day and the next if u are ok (not sored or tired) u can re-exercise if not then take a rest day , or u can workout per 2 days (ofc with more intense as u got a day to rest ) or whatever. As for rest its about how much intense was ur workout and if u are used on training everyday i guess.

As for eating vegetables and gaining muscles i think its possible as i saw many vegetarians to be really good at the bar.

Lastly , i would like to tell u that bar workout is a really good option espesially for those who do martial arts.

So good luck with ur training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gos

PostSubject: Re: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:42 pm

I am around 70 - 71 kg and was thinking on marking a little bit more the abs, by Controling Diet ( less calories ) and Cardio Workout ( like for example, Rope-Skipping or Running ).

After reading youre replyes I have another doubt, don´t know if it´s good idea to keep controling diet and make lots of cardio, or on the contrary increase calories input and pass to harder work on bars ?

Right now like I say, with 1.70 tall I weight 70 kg, don´t have lot´s of belly yet the lower abs are underneat and don´t see them to much, I was thinking on keep doing cardio and eat less calories to see if I lose some 3 - 5 kgs more if there is any progress.

The only problem I see with cardio workout is that it does not only eliminate fat from the belly, but also from the arms and seem to have tin arms now. When I first started cardio, I was around 85 kg body weight.

Kind regards and thankyou again!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:47 pm

well as i know u can workout on bars and do cardio without any problem. BUT ofc if u do expect ur regular cardio, bar workout i guess u ll need more cause u ll need more vitamins, energy etc.

As for abs, ab workout helps a lot, leg raises , dragon flag if u are able to do one, planks, side planks L-sits etc etc.

As for muscles well i heard that muscles will come, i cant tell u personally about this as i got much fat on me , so muscles got food to eat Razz.

Well as i said start doing some bar workout , if u need more food just eat a bit more if not stay at the same, try and see whats best for u, but if u want to make muscles i guess u must workout and gradually increase the calories input (ofc from good sources ).

Anyway i hope i helped, just try it urself i think cant ppl tell u something more as everybody's body works differently.

Good luck i hope u ll find a good program to follow (some people say no program is the best program so freestyle is also good Smile )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gos

PostSubject: Re: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Thankyou again.
This is the routine I have started to work with, 6 days of the week and 1 day (sunday) rest:

- warm up - rope skipping during 20 min or 30 min (one day 20 min, the other day 30 min ).

- frontal push ups - sets with 30 seconds rest between:
30 + 25 + 20 + 15 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 5 ( total of 125 push ups ).

- back push ups (triceps) - seth with 30 seconds rest between:
30 + 25 + 20 + 15 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 5 ( total of 125 back push ups for triceps ).

- ABS and Core workout - one day Abs, the other day Core workout.

I have started the sets with 30 push ups, and do this over one week and the next ween I will pull some 2 push ups more, and it would look like this: 32 + 27 + 22 + 17 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 7 ( total 141 ).
And every week I will pull some 2 push ups more on each set, in order to keep rising the total number over the weeks.

Besides of this dayli routine, I will also get another trainig on the sports I practice ( Taekwondo and JiuJitsu ) like pounching bag, bars push ups, and so on.

As for diet, I stop eating meat like pig or cow, and eat more tuna but I will try to orient my diet to more fruits and vegetables.

Any sugestion is more than welcome !

Thanks again and best regards !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Where's the pullups?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gos

PostSubject: Re: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Hello !
I am able to do only 10 pull ups on bar and I was thinking to start up with push ups to get a little bit fit before starting bar training.
I don´t know why it cost me so much to do pull ups on bars ?

About the rutine I have tryed 2 ways.
One way is with slow pull ups and push ups so that the muscle is burning, and the second day is burning a lot and needs to rest.
The other way I have tryed to do them a little bit faster, this way I get maximum number until body failure ( no worry is not a fisical failure ), the point in wich I am not able to do a single pull up or push up.
This way the muscle is not burning and the second day I am fresh with no pain nor burn, but the problem I see I get very exhausted and need to eat more ( it hit´s me right in the stomach after training I am very hungy ).

Wich way do you belive to be beter in order to loose some body fat and get more fit ? The second way is to " failure " and I try during 1 week and during the day I am hungry than before and eat a lot more.
The problem with this is that in 2 weeks or so I get +2 kg of body weight, don´t know if it´s fat and now I will measure the core, biceps etc and in one month or so I will get to measure them again.

More effort, more food and more body weight, but I don´t want to be fat.

Sorry for the bad english expresions.
Kind regards again !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).   

Back to top Go down

Building an training rutine ( need some advices ).
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1