Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New to this, any help is appreciated.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
omaro

PostSubject: New to this, any help is appreciated.   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi,

Im planning to start bodyweight training more seriously. Before i try the advanced stuff, how many Dip, Push-ups and Pullups will you recommend to max before doing advanced?

My current stats is

Hight: 5'11/ 180cm
Weight: 143 lbs/ 65kg

Push: 61
Pull: 14
Dips(on bars): 40-45 ish

Im also doing Track and Field, so Im pretty occupied with that, but I want to do Bodyweight exercise 3 times a week. Any sggestion on a Mon, wed and Friday routine?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: New to this, any help is appreciated.   Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm also doing track and field Smile. You can check my training log for some workouts that I do! And you're good to go and do more advanced stuff, you have some nice numbers! But keep sure to also improve on your basics!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New to this, any help is appreciated.   Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Push ups = 50 reps

Pull ups = 20 reps

Dips = 40 rep

These numbers are just estimates on what i think is the minimum before you do more advanced exercises, also it depends what advanced exercises you want to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omaro

PostSubject: Re: New to this, any help is appreciated.   Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Ken: Thanks. Nice, which event are you training/ competing in?

ironloo: Ye, i guess i can knock my pull-up a few notches.

For advanced exercises i want to do something like Muscle-ups, and I want to learn handstand pushups.

And by next summer I want to do a Flag, atleast someting that resembles a flag Razz and tons of dips, pullups etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: New to this, any help is appreciated.   Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Go ahead and start working on handstands and do handstand pushups on a wall. You should start doin static holds like l-sit,tuck planche,and tuck front lever holds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: New to this, any help is appreciated.   Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:16 pm

I mainly compete in javelin throw Smile, record so far is 54.70 with 700g javelin, but I know I have the strength to throw 60+ Smile, how about you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omaro

PostSubject: Re: New to this, any help is appreciated.   Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Nice, 54m is very good at ur age.
I started sprint(100/200m) 2 months ago. PB on 100m is 11:90, my goal is 11:25(Senior requirements for National competition) by next summer. Its a pretty hard time so im excited if Ill make it or not Razz but if not ill just keep practising for next summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to this, any help is appreciated.   

Back to top Go down

New to this, any help is appreciated.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1