Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Quadupedal Movements:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IronWolverine1973

PostSubject: Quadupedal Movements:   Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Well, this assist on mimicking animal movements for muscle endurance,and agility.How many add this in there training?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fkncody

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Here's a website where they talk about that stuff:

http://www.animal-kingdom-workouts.com/index.html

They sell a couple books as well. It looks very interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:21 pm

i used to to different sorts of crawls. bear crawls and stuff like this. give u some good functional workout. i am still sometimes putting those "animal movement" exercises into my cardio sessions. some are actually rly nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 pm

just to add. as long as you keep it natural training and callistenics you are fine. lol dont think that this type of training will do something GODLIKE for ur body. my friend has one of their books. i gave it a read. good book, lots of nice stuff in there. but then again you can achieve anything u wanna achieve with the exercises most people do in this forum anyway, and even more.

nice for some cardio, endurance and getting lean.

used to to crawls, hindu push ups and sprints on one day. gave me a nice workout to achieve all of the things stated above.

and some stretches might also be usefull for some people.

well dunno what else to say, keep it natural and consistent Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronWolverine1973

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:38 pm

fkncody wrote:
Here's a website where they talk about that stuff:

http://www.animal-kingdom-workouts.com/index.html

They sell a couple books as well. It looks very interesting.

They are a good boost for your bodyweight training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronWolverine1973

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:41 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
just to add. as long as you keep it natural training and callistenics you are fine. lol dont think that this type of training will do something GODLIKE for ur body. my friend has one of their books. i gave it a read. good book, lots of nice stuff in there. but then again you can achieve anything u wanna achieve with the exercises most people do in this forum anyway, and even more.

nice for some cardio, endurance and getting lean.

used to to crawls, hindu push ups and sprints on one day. gave me a nice workout to achieve all of the things stated above.

and some stretches might also be usefull for some people.

well dunno what else to say, keep it natural and consistent Smile

Not GODLIKE LOL It help boost up,your bodyweight training.Specially it work muscles,you aint used to working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:16 pm

yupp. it definetly ups your bodyweight training and also your bargame!!! ppl get carried away when they see fancy stuff like this and think they need it to get into shape. thats why i just wanted to point out that it aint something GODLIKE. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mishaman

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:48 am

I use alot of this in my parkour and bjj training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJk_OEO5MU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufAUAYrxfIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDG8HacqGx4

Enjoi Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronWolverine1973

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:25 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
yupp. it definetly ups your bodyweight training and also your bargame!!! ppl get carried away when they see fancy stuff like this and think they need it to get into shape. thats why i just wanted to point out that it aint something GODLIKE. lol

I notice about all the years,I have experience in fitness.There alot of training methods that are useless.I rather stick with the basic...but I have outgrown that!So, i just train in an advance ways...to help me push harder on my phyiscal limitations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:17 am

IronWolverine1973 wrote:
pulldoggpull wrote:

I notice about all the years,I have experience in fitness.There alot of training methods that are useless.I rather stick with the basic...but I have outgrown that!So, i just train in an advance ways...to help me push harder on my phyiscal limitations.

+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronWolverine1973

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:50 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
IronWolverine1973 wrote:
pulldoggpull wrote:

+1
So, are you in any bar or extreme fitness group? People where I'm from,like to train in gyms.They dont know the true nature of functional training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:11 pm

IronWolverine1973 wrote:
pulldoggpull wrote:
IronWolverine1973 wrote:
pulldoggpull wrote:

+1
So, are you in any bar or extreme fitness group? People where I'm from,like to train in gyms.They dont know the true nature of functional training.

outside. didnt even have proper pull ups bars for long time, branches doorframes etc.

now in london i got some parks outside to work out. mainly i work outside or in my room lol. the weather adds some nice aura to the workouts lately, cold and snow is no barrier, its enjoyable actually. i like it. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronWolverine1973

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
IronWolverine1973 wrote:
pulldoggpull wrote:
IronWolverine1973 wrote:
pulldoggpull wrote:

+1

outside. didnt even have proper pull ups bars for long time, branches doorframes etc.

now in london i got some parks outside to work out. mainly i work outside or in my room lol. the weather adds some nice aura to the workouts lately, cold and snow is no barrier, its enjoyable actually. i like it. lol

Well, you want to become Iceman?lol CANT DO THE COLD WEATHER
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 pm

tough but doable till now :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quadupedal Movements:   

Back to top Go down

Quadupedal Movements: