Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dancingbar

PostSubject: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:52 pm

i train on monday for pull up and dip, supposely i should rest tuesday and wednesday.

so wednesday my muscle still sore and pain. the day i feel hard to move, every muscle very sore and pain.

i force myself pull up and dip again even i sore, after a couple a warm, the sore have gone.

and i still workout without any problem or stronger, i just don't know why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Lately it's been the same case for me too, I'll just keep on going until my muscles just hurt so bad that they really need that rest, can't spoil those muscles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dancingbar

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Ken wrote:
Lately it's been the same case for me too, I'll just keep on going until my muscles just hurt so bad that they really need that rest, can't spoil those muscles Very Happy
but i found out people in here seem like no need to rest...addiction on exercise...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Sure everybody rests sometime, you can check my blog on the training log section, at start I could only do 2-3 days in a row, but now I can do around 6 days straight Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Ken wrote:
dont wanna spoil em eh.. how bout ripping some of them apart quite literaly? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Nah lol, blehzor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Br_Warrior

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Yo, from what i know, u can have muscle fatigue/pain on some reasons like:

-There is then, the DOMS(Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) theory , when you workout, muscles suffer some microruptures into its fibers, and the pain comes, when it isnt recovered at all.

-So you can get the lactic acid hypothesis...where acid lactic sets on the muscle and if you dont spread it over your body(by doing more exercise-like running, or light anaerobical ones), it sets on the sore muscle, make the fatigue/pain feeling show up.

Ps:Lactic acid is a co-product from anaerobical glycosis(synthesis).

Peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dancingbar

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Br_Warrior wrote:
Yo, from what i know, u can have muscle fatigue/pain on some reasons like:

-There is then, the DOMS(Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) theory , when you workout, muscles suffer some microruptures into its fibers, and the pain comes, when it isnt recovered at all.

-So you can get the lactic acid hypothesis...where acid lactic sets on the muscle and if you dont spread it over your body(by doing more exercise-like running, or light anaerobical ones), it sets on the sore muscle, make the fatigue/pain feeling show up.

Ps:Lactic acid is a co-product from anaerobical glycosis(synthesis).
Peace.

isnt lactic acid build by training failure and less time rest between set due to lack of oxygen? i alway avoid failure and rest 3 min to avoid lactic acid. but still sore, thanks your reply...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:49 am

dancingbar wrote:

isnt lactic acid build by training failure and less time rest between set due to lack of oxygen? i alway avoid failure and rest 3 min to avoid lactic acid. but still sore, thanks your reply...

Lactic acid is the third energy system that the human body goes through. The first is the Adenasine Triphosphate which is usually paired up with the second, the phosphocreatine stage. Lactic acid comes from the anaerobic glycosis system which breaks down glucose into usable energy. Lactic acid is the same acid that is present in sour milk. Lactic acid generally builds up in about 60-120 seconds of work (at least, that's from the studies I've read). I don't think there's a good reason to avoid lactic acid, because using that system will just make it more efficient and less likely for lactic acid to be as big of a deal later on in your training, At least, that's my take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:40 am

blablablablablablablablabala
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:36 pm

LittleBeastM - SS3 wrote:
blablablablablablablablabala

?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:53 am

^
you think too much Wink
just do it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:26 am

Haha, yeah I know. I just think all of that stuff is interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mishaman

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:10 am

Its all about intensity. If an exercise is intense and you can perform only 3 - 5 reps then you are working strength. In this case you are experiencing DOMS and micro tears of the muscles from overload. If you are working high rep numbers ie +15 then it is lactic/endurance training. Easy Smile

As for rest times I try to go by how I feel physically and mentally. For example if I feel ready I will perform the set/exercise, I find this keeps me in the zone much more than waiting around more time than I need to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:32 pm

dancingbar wrote:
i train on monday for pull up and dip, supposely i should rest tuesday and wednesday.

so wednesday my muscle still sore and pain. the day i feel hard to move, every muscle very sore and pain.

i force myself pull up and dip again even i sore, after a couple a warm, the sore have gone.

and i still workout without any problem or stronger, i just don't know why.

Active recovery flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.   

Back to top Go down

workout on rest day, why the sore and pain gone.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1