Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lloyd

PostSubject: I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!    Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:14 pm

LOL
I'm about to return to train at my park, and do dips.
It's 3 months that i don't do it, cause when i was put too much weight in my backpack, i was feel more pain in the shoulders and delts, then in the chest, and that was wrong, but now, i'm about to return to train at my park, and do dips with less weight, in good form and work well my chest.
What i want to do, is to delete chest presses in my routine and add dips, cause i remember that in the past, when i wasn't use to add weight, dips was work very well my chest.
That's a good idea?
By doin dips instead of chest presses, i will reduce my time of training, cause i will cut chest presses and reduce the sets of pushups(inclined and declined) so, make it more intense.
I know that dips for me, work better than chest presses, i'm doin the right thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!    Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:32 am

You should do both. Don't stop doing pushups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SFX

PostSubject: Re: I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!    Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:10 am

How deep were your dips? i guess deep dips with leaning forward puts much pressure on the chest. i did deep dips too (on rings) but i can only do a couple, because i'm not strong enough.

Now i will bend my arms to a 90° angle until i can do 10 consecutive reps or so. then i will increase my ROM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lloyd

PostSubject: Re: I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!    Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:54 am

Bdog wrote:
Yes yes, i do both, i only delete chest presses, but about pushups, i continue to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!    Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:15 pm

I think he meant bench press.

Working on planche static holds is another good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!    Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Lloyd wrote:
Bdog wrote:
Yes yes, i do both, i only delete chest presses, but about pushups, i continue to do it.
Oh ok I though you meant pushups. My bad! You meant bench press?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!    

Back to top Go down

I'm goin goin, back back, to dips, dips!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1