Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Victoria Park Running Track, London

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bones66

PostSubject: Victoria Park Running Track, London    Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 am

Used to be my favourite place to train but living on the other side of London now.

Victoria Park Running Track is a criminally neglected gem of a place in East London. It has a full 400m track which is slowly being allowed to disintegrate and become overgrown with weeds. There are pullup bars, dip bars, climbing bars and some other bits and pieces. In the summer it's just a really nice place to work out especially if you like to incorporate track sprinting into your routine.

Equipment 5/10
Overall Impression 6/10
Pullup Bars Yes
Parallel Bars Yes
Monkey Bars No
Parking Free on road by Queen's Gate
Bike Fence by the track

[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=victoria+park&sll=51.539369,-0.032401&sspn=0.00654,0.01929&ie=UTF8&rq=1&ev=p&split=1&radius=0.5&hq=victoria+park&hnear=&ll=51.539369,-0.032401&spn=0.00654,0.01929&z=16

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LondonBoi20

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Park Running Track, London    Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Need to start hitting this park up, does anyone go there regular??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sai

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Park Running Track, London    Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I live about 10 mins from here, are you still up for training in this park?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LondonBoi20

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Park Running Track, London    Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Yeah i'm up for it, I am a beginner though. When you looking to go there? does anyone else go to victoria park?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sai

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Park Running Track, London    Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 pm

I was just there yesterday around 3pm before the riots kicked off. But yea i prefer london fields because all the equipment are much closer together. check london fields if u can. pm me if u want someone to go with. ps im pretty new to this too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BLKB

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Park Running Track, London    Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:35 am

Hey all, I was at Victoria Park yesterday (Fri 5th July 2012) and the Parallel Bars aren't there anymore.

The other gear is still there. But the running track doesn't seem to exist, it looks like it's been ploughed over.

All the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BLKB

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Park Running Track, London    Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:26 am

This is one sad, neglected workout area. But the good news is the dip bars are back.

The last time I was there someone had taped a "missing" poster for them to the pull up bars claiming Boris had melted them down for the Olympics Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Park Running Track, London    

Back to top Go down

Victoria Park Running Track, London
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1