Elite Bodyweight Training
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 What do you need help with?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel

avatar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: What do you need help with?   Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:48 pm

My exams are over and I have time to help out people, leave a comment with a video you would like me to make to help you guys out.

Daniel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Ken

avatar

Posts : 388
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 25
Location : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:55 pm

How did your exams go? And hows your training doing, still with the old push endurance, pull endurance, core and legs, push strength, pull strength, core and legs routine? I'm getting my CHI together, understanding more about my body every day Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

avatar

Posts : 711
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 28
Location : Collegeville, PA and Miami Beach, FL

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Front lever! Been trying at it for months!

Right now im doing

6 sets one leg out 10 sec hold
6 sets 3 reps full negative (go all the way up so my pelvis is on the bar and lower down slowly body straight)
6 sets 6 reps front lever pulls (4 of those are one legged)
2 sets 30 sec tucked hold

I do this twice a week (on static hold days)

Lemme know whats good bro and thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SFX



Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-06-03
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:08 am

Mdrop wrote:
Front lever! Been trying at it for months!

+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
p'titor

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 35
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Hello daniel, what was your number for the challenge 158 ? was it ? thats a crazy number.
You said you have time to help people, so if you could take a look to my last video about slow MU and give me tips to get it better it would be nice.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grishenko45

avatar

Posts : 459
Join date : 2010-09-23
Age : 27
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:54 am

hey daniel.....i'm working through your HSPU tutorial, along with an MU tutorial from..dewalli. but appart from those two, and my planch training, i'm working on endurance, and form during sets.

1. is there a correct way to exit a pushup? sounds really daft, but i feel my lower back if i get up in certain positions.

2. i really need to work on those 3-5 rep when i feel i need to stop, when i know i can do more reps

3. OAP - really slacking on these - the best way i think is to pull with a towel with 1 arm, then then the under grip with the other until i'm hardly using the other arm. also negatives - i find these impossible - any tips?

ta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

avatar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:51 am

Mdrop wrote:
Front lever! Been trying at it for months!

Right now im doing

6 sets one leg out 10 sec hold
6 sets 3 reps full negative (go all the way up so my pelvis is on the bar and lower down slowly body straight)
6 sets 6 reps front lever pulls (4 of those are one legged)
2 sets 30 sec tucked hold

I do this twice a week (on static hold days)

Lemme know whats good bro and thanks

I'll work on putting together a FL tutorial for sure, I know how hard this move is to obtain, funny move really, it seemed like no progress was being made and then one session I was able to hold for a few seconds :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Daniel

avatar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:56 am

grishenko45 wrote:
hey daniel.....i'm working through your HSPU tutorial, along with an MU tutorial from..dewalli. but appart from those two, and my planch training, i'm working on endurance, and form during sets.

1. is there a correct way to exit a pushup? sounds really daft, but i feel my lower back if i get up in certain positions.

2. i really need to work on those 3-5 rep when i feel i need to stop, when i know i can do more reps

3. OAP - really slacking on these - the best way i think is to pull with a towel with 1 arm, then then the under grip with the other until i'm hardly using the other arm. also negatives - i find these impossible - any tips?

ta
1. I usually just bring one leg in, and step up never had any problems with my back that way, how do you normally do it?

2/3


I found weighted pullups and assisted oaps/oac and negatives the most beneficial.

If you are struggling with negatives unassisted, use as little assistance required to lower yourself slowly, eventually you will find that you can do negatives without assistance, don't get me wrong they are fucking painful but you need to push through the pain if you want the skill.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Daniel

avatar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:57 am

Mdrop wrote:
Front lever! Been trying at it for months!

Right now im doing

6 sets one leg out 10 sec hold
6 sets 3 reps full negative (go all the way up so my pelvis is on the bar and lower down slowly body straight)
6 sets 6 reps front lever pulls (4 of those are one legged)
2 sets 30 sec tucked hold

I do this twice a week (on static hold days)

Lemme know whats good bro and thanks

Have you tried 'greasing the groove' method with FL's?, I found that the more rest between sets was beneficial in progress, as you could perform high quality holds and reps being well rested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Mdrop

avatar

Posts : 711
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 28
Location : Collegeville, PA and Miami Beach, FL

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Daniel wrote:
[
Have you tried 'greasing the groove' method with FL's?, I found that the more rest between sets was beneficial in progress, as you could perform high quality holds and reps being well rested.

No i havent, even tho ur last post to me was inspiring, because i feel like i am getting nowhere.... I am a student so i only have a block time to workout, and i dont have a pullup bar in my dorm. Even if i did it would probably lead to bad things (i live with my frat). When i am home, however, i could, but it would only be for a month (ironically the month before i leave to Australia for study abroad). Is that one month worth it to switch? Right now my schedule is day 1 push pull, day 2 static holds, day 3 rest. But i could (at home) go maybe one day on one day off and do a GTG with FL everyday or something, idk. WHat do you think. Ive never done a GTG before so i wouldnt even know how.

Thanks brother
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inevitablediss

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-05-30
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:09 am

how much added weight did you need to do before you could get the 1 handed pull up/chin?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

avatar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 am

inevitablediss wrote:
how much added weight did you need to do before you could get the 1 handed pull up/chin?

I found that the weighted pullups were quite 'supplementary' to obtaining my OAP, but atleast 70% bodyweight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Daniel

avatar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 am

Mdrop wrote:
Daniel wrote:
[
Have you tried 'greasing the groove' method with FL's?, I found that the more rest between sets was beneficial in progress, as you could perform high quality holds and reps being well rested.

No i havent, even tho ur last post to me was inspiring, because i feel like i am getting nowhere.... I am a student so i only have a block time to workout, and i dont have a pullup bar in my dorm. Even if i did it would probably lead to bad things (i live with my frat). When i am home, however, i could, but it would only be for a month (ironically the month before i leave to Australia for study abroad). Is that one month worth it to switch? Right now my schedule is day 1 push pull, day 2 static holds, day 3 rest. But i could (at home) go maybe one day on one day off and do a GTG with FL everyday or something, idk. WHat do you think. Ive never done a GTG before so i wouldnt even know how.

Thanks brother

Based on your situation especially due to you being limited with time, I'd stick to your current routine, GTG is only effective if you have spare time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
fkncody

avatar

Posts : 152
Join date : 2009-10-22
Age : 26
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:27 am

What Ken said, are you still doing the old push endurance, pull endurance, core and legs, push strength, pull strength, core and legs routine?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

avatar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:05 am

I have football training twice a week (AFL), so I dont do a legs day anymore. At the moment I am focusing more so on my endurance, for the BBR, so am just doing strength training every alternate day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
vindicated1

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 30
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:32 am

dragonflags,
i'm doing planks with a 20kg weight vest to get the core strength,
i'm up to about 2 sets of 2mins, 1min rest in between
i do that after a ab workout.

but still not strong enough
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVindicatedOne?feature=mhum
Daniel

avatar

Posts : 951
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 am

Damn man weather has been so s**t, should have some of these videos coming out next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
grishenko45

avatar

Posts : 459
Join date : 2010-09-23
Age : 27
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:10 am

forgot about this thread!...got a question daniel:

If i rep straight wide pullups out all night - perfect form, no kip sets of 10 for 10 sets or more - the next day, all i feel is my arms, my lats don't feel as though they've done anything at all!

I do either straight pullups, chest to sky or leant back pullups (lean back then pull towards to bar) and only my arms will hurt the next day.

I can get my lats burning, but through rows either on the bar or using my rings - I do static holds after every last rep,, and still nothing.

Anything i'm doing wrong? Any tips?

thanks


Last edited by grishenko45 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

avatar

Posts : 2274
Join date : 2008-12-23
Age : 26
Location : Killuminati 4 life

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:29 am

grishenko45 wrote:
forgot about this tread!...got a question daniel:

If i rep straight wide pullups out all night - perfect form, no kip sets of 10 for 10 sets or more - the next day, all i feel is my arms, my lats don't feel as though they've done anything at all!

I do either straight pullups, chest to sky or leant back pullups (lean back then pull towards to bar) and only my arms will hurt the next day.

I can get my lats burning, but through rows either on the bar or using my rings - I do static holds after every last rep,, and still nothing.

Anything i'm doing wrong? Any tips?

thanks

Do half reps for your wings - lock out half up.. max out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
p'titor

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 35
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:19 am

Funny to read what you wrote grishenko45 because for me it's exactly the opposite. Even if I do more than 200 pull up or chin up the next day I never feel my arms are sore, I have this feeling only in my back.


One question for Daniel what is in your opinion the best training to increase reps on basics. Pyramid, max out with rest/pause, routine like cardio/muscle endurance, W pyramid, density training ?
Is it helping to practice isolation exercises ?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grishenko45

avatar

Posts : 459
Join date : 2010-09-23
Age : 27
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:23 am

p'titor wrote:
Funny to read what you wrote grishenko45 because for me it's exactly the opposite. Even if I do more than 200 pull up or chin up the next day I never feel my arms are sore, I have this feeling only in my back.


One question for Daniel what is in your opinion the best training to increase reps on basics. Pyramid, max out with rest/pause, routine like cardio/muscle endurance, W pyramid, density training ?
Is it helping to practice isolation exercises ?

Thank you.

haha - my back's stronger than my arms, and your arms are stronger than your back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

avatar

Posts : 616
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Athens, Berlin, London

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 am

u guys make a great couple pig get a room Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvBar

avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:02 am

i need help with the 360 muscle ups
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/EvBarIsraeL
bardedicatedP

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 21
Location : Sofia , Bulgaria

PostSubject: Endurance/Stamina   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Hey , Daniel

I'm Peter Kanev from FB in case you don't know. So I was wandering if you could make a vid or just type down as answer the MOST efficient way to increase stamina and endurance for BBRs - the most fast and efficient. NO MATTER HOW INTENSE AND HARD IT IS.

Thanks Smile Good luck with exam results
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalisthenicsAndy

avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-09-28
Age : 22
Location : Australia. Melbourne

PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:10 am

your breakfast video... good for a kid? or too much?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What do you need help with?   

Back to top Go down
 
What do you need help with?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Tutorials-
Jump to: