Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ken's training diary!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Well search google for "trigger points", it's like a painful spot on some muscles. Can't explain it very good Very Happy.

As for my condition right now... umm.. I think I'm very close to injuring myself again, so I haven't done any hard work, only some resistance band training and 3 times a day 10sec chinup holds (everyday) - for the months challenge Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:35 pm

So, it's been a long time before I had a training in (still rested my elbow).
And today out of curiosity I did a big warmup and tried my maxes on dips, pullups and pushups... And I can't believe those results.

Dips: 24
Pullups: 15
Pushups: 45

I was dead sure I can't do over 7 pullups, 30 pushups and 10 dips Very Happy.
Also side note that my arm has grown a little when I've had my almost 2 month break from serious training Very Happy. Thank god that I go to Athletics, or else I wouldn't have done anything for those 2 months...

So I'm almost at the same level as I was before the big rest Very Happy. I'm going to do myself a workout routine this weekend, which starts off next week.
This time I'm going to give fixed reps/sets a try, that way there is no damn way I could overtrain again. And also I'll stay away from straight arm movements, to let my elbow heal...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:36 pm

good to see you're back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:01 pm

So it's been a another month rehabing... seems like it won't go away, so I'll just start training slowly if it doesn't hurt when doing the exercise.

I did 3x20 normal pushups and 3x6 (first 2 explosive and then 4 normal) pullups...

And my triceps, biceps, chest are now pumped lol... the blood is flowing everywhere :O, feels like I had a great workout although I didn't do almost anything Very Happy.

When doing pushups, my elbow got a little dislocated, like you know when you have to make that cracking noise and everything should be alright then, it didn't make it damn and because of that, it was uncomfortable, maybe next time I'm going to use my elbow support, that should help.

Tomorrow is a rest day, can't go full out right away Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Masle

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Damn Ken, you seem to be injured all the time man. U should take a second look to ur routine, and ur form might be off too. Also do you stretch before/after workout?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun May 01, 2011 4:00 pm

It's mainly my overtrained elbow that I'm struggling with. Yes I stretch before and after... And now I'm not doing that MAX reps routine I used to, now it's all fixed sets, reps.

Well yesterday I did:

-some supersets, which consisted of pushups (15,12,9,6,3) and bench press; pullups (5wide,5normal,5close,4,4,4,3,3,3...1,1,1) and deadlift Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun May 01, 2011 4:16 pm

I hope with training u ll start getting better and ur reps goes up , even above ur before records Smile

I recently made a topic in injuries recovery about a method that maybe will help u with ur elbow Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bcnarian

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun May 01, 2011 4:25 pm

hi! i also have the end of my tricep and begining of the elbow injured i dont know what it is but when i do any kind of exercice it hurts...
anyone knows how i can recover this???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun May 01, 2011 4:31 pm

I dont think is the right place to discuss something and injuries recovery is a better place.

Anyway if u get much pain in every pushing exercise then i guess u must rest it for about 5-7 days and see how its going and maybe find a way to make the recovery faster. Massages, Ice , hot baths , maybe some warm ups and stretches helps. I m sure u already know what i said i just reminded them Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sat May 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Was a nice day. I got together with 2 other barbarian members, 1 friend and we had a nice training session (did my first clapping dip!!! Very Happy). Also I was satisfied that I could do 1 muscle-up (thought I'd lost them by now)..., we did a lot of pullups and dips, and for the buy-out we did 20 pullups, 30 dips, 40 pushups, great day! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   

Back to top Go down

Ken's training diary!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7