Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ken's training diary!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Ok so I wanted to try the new triceps routine from CalisthenicsCamp, and yeah I couldn't do anything else after that lol...

-3 sets of the routine
-little rest then 2 sets of the routine
-Superset: HS hold, 10 wide pushups; x3, with no weight, because damn that routine killed me so bad Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Ken wrote:
Ok so I wanted to try the new triceps routine from CalisthenicsCamp, and yeah I couldn't do anything else after that lol...

-3 sets of the routine
-little rest then 2 sets of the routine
-Superset: HS hold, 10 wide pushups; x3, with no weight, because damn that routine killed me so bad Razz

hey ken i see you do also do the frogstand hold. i am also at arox 20-25 secs. wanna go for a little challenge in the challenge section and check who makes it first to a given number of secs? 40-50-1minute?

kinda fun small easy challenge/battle Wink

-alex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Do you have a MSN, if yes then can you PM it to me? It would be great but I don't know if it's the right time right now, because I found out that the planche progression is giving me some trouble with the elbow, I always get pain when I'm stretching my biceps with a straight arm. We'll see how I feel on Saturday then I can say if I'm in or not Razz.

TODAY IS A REST DAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Ken wrote:
Do you have a MSN, if yes then can you PM it to me? It would be great but I don't know if it's the right time right now, because I found out that the planche progression is giving me some trouble with the elbow, I always get pain when I'm stretching my biceps with a straight arm. We'll see how I feel on Saturday then I can say if I'm in or not Razz.

TODAY IS A REST DAY!

i also got a wrist problem with frog stands. did 5 tries today. after 2nd hurts a lot. dunno why. only at frog stand. strange. i recorded them. so whenever u want and if ur in i can upload them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:15 pm

REST day, last one, damn my triceps still sore Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Burned out quick today:

-warmup (CalisthenicsCamp wrist and shoulder warmup)
-Superset1: 3 wide pullups (w/24kg), 3 close pullups (w/16kg), 3 explosive pullups (w/o weight); x3; 1,5min rest between sets, second set I did 2 wide pullups (w/24kg), 3 close pullups (w/16kg), 3 explosive pullups (w/o weight), 3rd set was the hardest: 1 wide pullup and 1 negative (24kg), 2 close pullup, 1 negative (16kg), 3 explosive pullups (w/o weight)
-3x10 australian pullups (15kg), 60sec rest between sets
-3x6,4,4 biceps curls
-stretching
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:18 am

O my fucking god, my chest and triceps are so sore and weak, could it be that the triceps workout still fatigues me? Dno... but ok I'm going to do only pushups (w.o weight) today:

-warmup
-pushups

Weird day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:44 pm

REST

Next week going to add core workouts to rest days!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:54 pm

-warmup (jump rope, hand raises, 60s plank, 60s reverse plank, 30sec hollow, 30sec arch, 60sec dip position, 60sec chinup deadhang)
-3x2,1,1 Negatives (w/40kg)
-Few pullups with 24kg and few with 16kg then 1set of pullups without weight
-3x8 Australian pullups with (15kg)
-3xMAX biceps curls
-stretching

Damn those negatives killed me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Well if I can't do any straight arm work for a while ( because of the elbow being a b**ch ), then I'm going to start training on handstand press!!!

Have to let my elbow rest some time, seems like the tendonitis is giving up, the only pain I get is on triceps extensions because the joint isn't quite ready for it...

-wrist and shoulder warmup
-3x2 HSPU, with hands shoulder width apart and leaning forward
-A lot of jumping into handstand with both legs leaving the ground on the same time (figured this will help me in the future to get handstand press from frogstand or tucked planche)
-3 sets of triceps routine by calisthenicscamp
-2,4,6,4,2 wide pushups no rest (just get up then down right away)
-stretching
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Ken well if u cant do advanced move then do the basics. Does this problem with elbow happened from doing many tricep extensions ? Well i also dont feel good my elbow after tricep extensions for some days, like it pressure too much the elbow...

Anyway i wish u to have a fast recovery!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Yeah, I think it first started because of triceps extensions... Goddamn something is wrong with my chest, because when I do pushups I feel weird feelings in random places like I'm doing something wrong... :S

anyway, today was a REST day, but I did some tucked dragonflags and ab wheel rollouts on knees...

ok, well I've done my training regime with weight for 1 month now, going to switch to no weight this month, so I'll try to do everything nice and clean form, maybe it will help my injuries and I also need some endurance too, pullups have gotten SOOOO easy, especially wide ones, but I can't do a lot of them Smile.

/edit: I did 3xSuperset (5pullups, 15pushups), I loved the feeling of an easy task lol... seems like I will be enjoying this, this month!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 pm

nice Ken, yeah i think also that with no weight and controlled movements ur injuries will heal faster.

If u cant at all workout upper body legs always waiting Razz

Well i hope its not bad to write in ur log sometimes Embarassed
if it is then i ll try to reduce my posts Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Well my knees have been fucked up for 1-2 years too... but I get my leg strength from athletics training, which I do 5 times a week, so I don't need to do anything for legs at home Smile.

BTW, I injured my biceps today by playing football, I smashed into my friend and my arm got in between me and my friend and so it bended past the normal point where biceps will deny going further for the forearm, so in other words, my forearm smashed my biceps and now it hurts, a lot!

I'm thinking of getting few weeks off of training but goddamn it's been 2 years like this, I finally make gains and then I rest and I loose my strength, so I get nowhere, years past and I'm still that weak as I used to be... I don't know what to do anymore...

But I should try to get rid of my elbow and biceps problem ( this usually takes 2 weeks )... Don't know, don't know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boomTown

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Don't get discouraged man. Do what you can without pain, give yourself some quality time to heal. Rest well and you'll be back stronger than ever. It'll be worth it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Well when i got injured i used to rest for about 1 week but i check some movements for example for my shoulder i was doing arm circles every day , if i felt much pain or weird i stopped. After the week u can do a good warm up and try some easy things if it dont hurt much or after the 1st set is ok then i think its ok and after this day u ll see if its ok better or worse and then it depends if u rest more or u can do easy workouts.

I know how bad it is to feel like u gained something and u ll lose it but man , think that u can do MUSCLE UPS!!! So u surely have more power than when u wasnt training. Muscle ups its my goal so u are already in a fitness level and power that not everybody got. Smile

Well i m sure u know all these things but i think sometimes its good to hear them again from someone else to remember them Smile

Anyway dont get discouraged as boomTown said, there are many ppl including me who would like to be at ur fitness level Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Oh well I think I really need that quality rest... going to do only core now at home, because that's one of my weakest links... But I'm not going to write the core stuff here, so I'll start writing my log again when I feel better, got to make the sacrifice to lose strength but get free of injury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Oh well, it's been 20 days without pullups, dips and pushups. My elbows seem to be fine so I did some pulling work today (although at first it was like testing how much power I had lost):

-3x10 wide pullups (my lats felt strong and the movement was really smooth, really gave me a good feeling)
-5 pullups close, normal and knees up chinups

I didn't go deadhang on any of those moves I only went a little lower than 90 degrees, because I didn't want to release the tension.

I think I have to start a fixed rep and set schedule, because then I will be sure I won't insure myself more, going to start thinking of next week training sessions on weekend and I'll start doing 1 day pulling, 2 day pushing, 3rd day core, 4th day pushing and pulling together(light), 5th day pushing and pulling together(tougher), 6h,7th day rest or core and swimming.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:03 am

So much for my plans lol, left elbow felt weird the next day after those pullups... And today, well I don't like the feeling it gives me... So I might have to give myself a longer break, because it hasn't gone away yet... or do 3x5 pullups and 3x15 pushups everyday(1 set in the morning, 2,3 set in the evening with around 1h rest between), that shouldn't be much of an effort, so I can't overtrain I think. And I'm going to start doing shoulder and wrist warmups everyday now... damn injury
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scyth3r6

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:22 pm

i had a bad elbow a while back after trying tricep exstensions for the first time. I took some ibuprofen for a few days and i wore a brace/support thing while i trained for a couple of workouts and its ok now. i found with tricep exstentions that if i do them with my fingers pointing in then i doesnt hurt?? maybe this will help you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/scyth3r6
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Well maybe, thanks for the tips. Got to buy myself a elbow bandage or whatever it's called. But right now I'm trying to do pullups 2-3 times a week, just a few sets, but I'm a little scared about the pushups... but I will try them tomorrow, maybe 3 sets of 20 dno.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scyth3r6

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:49 pm

let us no how you get on with the push ups
Back to top Go down
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Okay tomorrow I'll try. I did the trigger point massage today, felt painful o.O, lets see how it feels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Hmm, I bought an elbows support and a resistance band today. I did a big warmup routine with that for my wrists, elbows and shoulders, put on my support and started doing 3 supersets of 5 pullups (wide,close,chin), 20 pushups (normal, closer and wide). After that I did a trigger point massage and umm, I don't feel any pain, but the feeling in my elbow is just like a little tingling, but not all the time. tomorrow I'll do stuff with the resistance band and proceed doing massages, seems like they help.

Btw, those pushups burned lol, haven't done them so long...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scyth3r6

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:40 pm

glad its getting better. whats trigger point massage?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   

Back to top Go down

Ken's training diary!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next