Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ken's training diary!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ken

PostSubject: Ken's training diary!   Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:27 pm

GOALS:
Pushups:
-35 reps 11.10.10
-40 reps 10.11.10
-45 reps 10.11.10
-50 reps
-55 reps
-60 reps

Pullups:
-15 reps 08.10.10
-18 reps 10.11.10
-20 reps
-25 reps
-30 reps

Dips:
-20 reps
-30 reps
-40 reps
-50 reps
-55 reps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here it is, finally! I've been taking calisthenics too easily for the past two weeks because of schools, studies and such things most of us is familiar with and know how these things drain your time. I wanted to make this thread in this forum (not write down my diary into my notebook) because I felt like: the notebook can get damaged and burnt for whatever reasons, but what I type here will stay here for as long as this forum will be active! And that's all I need, because most of the inspiration comes from here!
So let's get started Wink.

Right now I can do:

Pushups (32) - LOL, could do 47 in summer, so I'm going to go past it in the near future, the forum challenge for this months also gives a lot of motivation!

Pullups (around 11? not sure)

Dips (around 20)

Muscle-ups (3)!!! - this is the only exercise I've truly developed in!

Those are the basics for me at the moment. I would've wanted to add things like L-sit holds, dragonflags etc. but I have a back injury, so when it goes away I'll keep you updated.

And I'll promise to write every day when I get access to this computer and also when I'm doing significant achievements, I'll not only post about them, but I'll also edit the first post so it looks cool! Very Happy

Right now my MAIN GOAL is to up those basic numbers until I have the requirements. I'll also be doing core and other things too but those are not as important now!

And also I'm doing track&field (most of you know it as Athletics), where I get my leg training, so I'll be not writing that down here Wink.

GOGO!

Last edited by Ken on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:49 pm

So today I had a nice training in Athletics, I did:

3x10 hanging leg raises (upper back against the wall),
3x10 back extensions with 20kg (on the back extension machine, where ur legs are locked and u can only move ur torso)
3x20 side extensions with 20kg (you stand still, weight on one hand, you lower yourself to that side and then use side muscles to pull yourself straight again)
Also 20 clapping pushups straight when I had to rest, so I did them.

My armpits and pecs are really sore today, so I relaxed and stretched myself for 30mins tonight! Also my arms felt like they were dead, so I really had no choice Smile.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:32 pm

So today my abs, obliques and pecs were hurting like hell, so I only did:

4xMAX pull-ups (1st set normal, 2nd wide, 3rd close, 4th phorm), only counted first set, that was 15, so it's already better than before Very Happy... Didn't count others because I like to do maxes without counting and by only concentrating on the breathing Wink.

In Athletics training we ran a lot and did 8 sprints ( 1 - uphill, 2 - downhill, 3 - uphill and so on..)

Cya tomorrow!

Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inevitablediss

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Looking good bro keep it up =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Today was a GREAT training day, starting with Athletics. There we did:

50,30,15 times ab/oblique exercise (you're on your a$$ and lift 4kg medicine ball from right to left, left to right and so on, I think u get the idea)

6,4,2 times clapping pushups (you raise your left hand to the side, then ur right hand, then you do 3 clapping pushups, then again u raise your arms, put them down and do another 3 clapping pushups, so total of 6*3 + 4*3 + 2*3 = 36 clapping pushups)

50,30,15 times lower back (you have ur 4kg medicine ball on your back and then u like "discover" the ground by going from side to side)

6,4,2 times HSPU's

25,15,10 times (both sides) side muscles (can't explain this lol)

6,4,2 times clapping pushups again, but this time you raise your hands infront of you, so another 36 clapping pushups.

3x5 getting on your feet from a bridge position, totally destroyed my lower back Very Happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then I came home, ate, slept for 40 minutes, took my backpack, where I put 10kg and ride my bike to the park.

Warmed up with some pullups, pushups, dips.

5xMAX pullups with 10kg (first was wide, did 7 or 8 of those, didn't count others: normal, close, chinups, wide again) - for the rest I did some pushups. After that one set of normal pullups without weight MAX.

5xMAX dips with 10kg, for rest I just went on the pullup bar and did some freestyle pullups, changed grip all the time.

Between the dips I also did:
1x5 wide pullups with 10 sec hold, chin over the bar
1x5 wide pullups with 10 sec hold, head against bar
1x5 soldier pullups (changing sides every rep) + 5sec hold on top
1x5 soldier pullups + 5sec hold on top (other shoulder against the bar)

Bar-barian pyramid pushups: 2(stand up, get down), 4, 6, 7 (got fatigued here), 6, 4, 2.

1x15 triceps extensions (my elbows hurt a few weeks ago when I did those, so I tried again today and everything was ok, so trying to get used to it and let my elbow deal with more pressure progressevly)

After that did some more dips and pullups and drove home with my bike.

Feeling really good about today Smile. Maybe I left out something what I did, but I wrote down the things I remembered I did Very Happy.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:44 am

"1x5 wide pullups with 10 sec hold, chin over the bar
1x5 wide pullups with 10 sec hold, head against bar
1x5 soldier pullups (changing sides every rep) + 5sec hold on top
1x5 soldier pullups + 5sec hold on top (other shoulder against the bar)"

lbm is in every workout. lol

at least shoutout to him man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:50 am

Actually I didn't do them in a row, I did them between dips sets instead of rest, so it wasn't he's routine, but shoutout for LBM for giving me those exercises to play around with!

Anyway, today is a rest day, going to warm myself up in the evening and after sauna I'll try to stretch my sore muscles out, taking it as a preparation for next weeks trainings Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Felt s**t today, did my Athletics (running, core with weights, leg raises etc.), then I did 4+xMAX pullups (some holds too) and 4xMAX pushups, got 38 on first time, so little progress over here too...

Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel more energized and better!

Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inevitablediss

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:35 am

not sure what kind of sh*tness it was but whenever i feel bad i just drinka strong coffee!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:39 am

Felt really weak and lazy... Very Happy. Today is much better, I've done some MU's when playing football in my school, everytime I scored I did one Very Happy.

Now going to Athletics and tonight I'll edit this post and tell you what I did Smile.

/edit:

So I did around:
8x1 muscle-ups today + several attempts
Whenever I tried to do the second one my hands were in a wrong position because of slipperyness (is this even a word Very Happy?), I think I did around 15-20 MU attempts today so my explosiveness was well trained. Also did some dips at school... Pecs hurt so, figured it would be better today to give it a rest today.

Cya tomorrow.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Really liked today. In Athletics we did circuit trainings: 8 normal pullups, run 100m, 8 jumps, run 150m, 6 pullups, run 100, 6 jumps, and so on 4,2... Then we did some stuff with the wooden logs that you can pull and push, also did a circuit with it and jumping... then I did 8 wide pullups behind neck, ran 100m, 4,4 one legged jumps, ran 150m, 6 wide pullups behind neck and so on till 4,2. So total of 20 normal and 20 wide behind neck pullups.

At home I did:

Superset:
MAX pullups (changing grip all the time)
MAX pushups (first set normal, other 3 diamonds, they just felt so good today Very Happy)

x4 (around 5-6mins rest between)

And for the ending:

1 pullup, 2 pushups, 2 pullups, 4 pushups, 3 pullups, 6 pushups, 4 pullups, 8 pushups and I only did 2 pullups after that and 5 diamond pushups, was too exhausted already. - no rest!

I also did 3x10sec lowered (very low lol) front levers (started doing this today, just playing around with it after pullup sets from now on)

After that stretched and feeling good Smile. Getting stronger.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Felt good, but thought I'd take it easy today, atleast at start I thought I would take it easy lol...

Warmed up with back 101 and abs 101...

Then did:

10x5 pullups, rest times 30 sec! So overall it took around 7-8 minutes.
10x15 pushups, rest times 30 sec! Overall 8 minutes 40 sec.

Changed grip on both every set.

So total of 50 pullups and 150 pushups.

Tomorrow is a rest day Wink.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:14 pm

As I said yesterday, REST today!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:05 am

So today in Athletics we did:

Clapping pushups ( your in pushup position, lift ur right arm and left foot, then opposite, then do 4 clapping pushups, then again lift ur right arm and left foot, opposite, 4 clapping pushups and so on... ) x5 (20clapping pushups, 5 raises), x3 (12 clapping pushups, 3 raises), x1 (4 clapping pushups 1 raise)

A lot of core in series of 50,30,10 reps. For example windshield wipers on floor, straight legs or "discovering" the floor with your legs from one side to another x50, x30, x10 Razz.

HSPU's from a headstand, you go into headstand wall is behind you, and then you push up, total of 5 of those

HSPU's from a headstand, without a wall, 5 of those. NO KIPPING.

Clapping pushups, like before but now you lift your left hand and left foot, then right hand and right foot, that's the only difference x5,3,1 like before.

Then some more acrobatic stuff.

So total of around 10 HSPU from headstand and 72 clapping pushups and a lot of core exercises.

I'll edit when I do my evening routine... I usually train without a routine and try to do different stuff so I don't know yet what I'm going to do Very Happy.

//edit:

So I did:

3xMAX diamond pushups (first set was 28, damn my hands were still tired of the Athletics training)
1xMAX freestyle set pushups

LBM STATIC PULLUP ROUTINE! (thank you for sharing this Metin)

3xMAX hold lowered front lever (could hold it a little higher this time :O)

1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 pullups (almost no rest between).

That's it for today... I'm thinking of using 5 kg with everything I do next week, I still have no routine but I'll just add my 5kg all the time when doing pullups, dips, pushups whatever Wink.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Chest was a little sore today, at first I thought that I won't do pushing muscles today, but that changed when I started doing Dirty 30's, it was really hard on the pushing part so I didn't do Dirty 30 supersets straight with no rest, instead I aimed for 10 sets for the whole evening Wink.

So total of 100 dips (30 on rings), 100 pullups and 100 pushups (triceps gave up easily today Razz).

Last edited by Ken on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:24 pm

nice workout!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Have a weird ache between my shoulder and pec just below the bone, so definately 2 days rest from pushups/dips, today I'll also be doing 3x100 hand raises and putting on some Gel to block the pain, and ofcourse I'll stretch it, maybe even put something cold on it.

Anyway pecs and back muscles are also sore, so yeah, nothing to really do today.

Only did obliques, leg raises and back extensions with a 15kg weight (in Athletics, also did a lot of jumps)

RESTRESTREST, WARMUP STRETCH, RESTRESTREST

Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:41 pm

So last rest day...

Today I played football for 2 hours, so I'm quite exhausted too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:14 pm

What the f**k, I had 2 rest days but my muscles got sore so fast, maybe it was because of the 4x400m sprints in Athletics that took me down.

I only did 25 reps with 5 kg and then my triceps and chest was like, LET ME REST!

But whatever I pushed through so tomorrow I'll hope to see better results.

So in total I did:

4xMAX pushups with 5kg (1st set normal: 25)
4xMAX pullups with 5kg (1st set normal: 10)

Changing grip all the time!

Didn't have power to do dips today ;(.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Ok, so, I don't know, my body is giving me feelings I've never felt before, is it tired? overtrained (don't think so)? sore from using the 5kg? Dno, just got my sets in Wink.

Ladder pushups with 5kg: 20,19,18,17...3,2,1 = 210 pushups, after the pushups (for example 20) I did 5 leg raises on "dip bars" - on my stair handles Very Happy.
So total of 20*5 leg raises = 100 leg raises.

Ladder pullups with 5kg: 10,9,8,7,6,5,5,5,5,5 = 70 pullups, after every pullup set I did hyper-extensions on my staircase (upper body locked and only bring up your legs to parallel with the ground and then back down, up, down...)
So again total of 11*5 = 55 hyper-extensions for back.

Pretty happy with that, pushups really destroyed my pecs and triceps today, pullups took down my lats and biceps so overall a good training session Smile.

Last edited by Ken on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:11 am

Seems like my body is getting used to training harder, because my msucles never hurt anymore :O...

Today morning I did:
2 dips, 2 pullups, 2 pushups, straight 4 dips, 4 pullups, 4 pushups, then after the 6 set I had to take a break to do the 8 and break after that to do 6 (stretched between), and then 4,2. (222,444,666,888,666,444,222).

Rest few minutes and MAX dips, straight MAX pullups, straight MAX pushups.

So, I´m going to be away till monday, in Sanct-Peterburg so, I´ll post you my doings on the ship and over there on monday. Very Happy

Last edited by Ken on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oyvind

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:09 pm

good good good!! keep training Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:15 pm

On saturday I only did 1x MAX pushups and pullups, sunday I rested.
Now I'm back at home and here are my todays doings:

-Lots of core in Athletics (leg raises, side raises with 15kg and back extensions with 15kg)
-Pushups 6xMAX (different grip/freestyle every set)
-Pullups 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 8, 4 (you do 1, rest 10sec, then you do 2, rest 20 sec, do 3 rest 30 sec and so on). Total 57 pullups.

Sidenote: It was really easy to do pullups today, I think that those few trainings I had with 5kg on me really got my lats working. Atleast today I felt them really well.

I ALSO POSTED MY GOALS ON THE FIRST POST SO IT'S EASY TO KEEP TRACK OF MY DOINGS!

Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Today morning I did 30 pushups (SO HARD???!!!) and 10 pullups (SO EASY) and when I tried to do them later I was so sore and my armpits hurt like hell, so I'll call it a rest day.

Also went to Athletics, where we did some barbell work and a lot of static holds for lower back, abs and core Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael8christian

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Ken wrote:
Ok, so, I don't know, my body is giving me feelings I've never felt before, is it tired? overtrained (don't think so)? sore from using the 5kg? Dno, just got my sets in Wink.

Ladder pushups with 5kg: 20,19,18,17...3,2,1 = 210 pushups, after the pushups (for example 20) I did 5 leg raises on "dip bars" - on my stair handles Very Happy.
So total of 20*5 leg raises = 100 leg raises.

Ladder pullups with 5kg: 10,9,8,7,6,5,5,5,5,5 = 70 pullups, after every pullup set I did hyper-extensions on my staircase (upper body locked and only bring up your legs to parallel with the ground and then back down, up, down...)
So again total of 11*5 = 55 hyper-extensions for back.

Pretty happy with that, pushups really destroyed my pecs and triceps today, pullups took down my lats and biceps so overall a good training session Smile.
good training
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken's training diary!   

Back to top Go down

Ken's training diary!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next