Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Try These Pushups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Try These Pushups   Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:21 pm

i found out about these a little bit ago and they are legit. i use them for cash-in and cash-out sets

-I call them Hand Release pushups or HR pushups-
instead of a regular up and down pushup, at the bottom of your pushups you set your body on the ground and raise your hands off the ground symbolizing full depth. immediately after you push yourself back up like a regular pushup. this does two things: it makes the pushup harder because it eliminates momentum and it causes you to go 2 or more inches lower than usual. do a set of 100 or so and tell me what you think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Try These Pushups   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:37 pm

TheHouDeani wrote:
i found out about these a little bit ago and they are legit. i use them for cash-in and cash-out sets

instead of a regular up and down pushup, at the bottom of your pushups you set your body on the ground and raise your hands off the ground symbolizing full depth. immediately after you push yourself back up like a regular pushup. this does two things: it makes the pushup harder because it eliminates momentum and it causes you to go 2 or more inches lower than usual. do a set of 100 or so and tell me what you think

dam these sound like something im going to add into my routine... Thanks homes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adewitt17

PostSubject: Re: Try These Pushups   Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:58 pm

TheHouDeani wrote:

where u find dis sounds a lil confusin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: Try These Pushups   Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:50 am

cheers mate!! gonna add this 2 workout 2nite!

@adewitt17 - it's just a regular pushup but when u get to the bottom, touch the floor with your chest and lift your hands off the floor like your balancing on your chest, then push back up in a normal way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: Try These Pushups   Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:20 pm

good to hear man tell me what you think.

in my opinion, i felt it alot more in the triceps than usual, but it could be different for you guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Try These Pushups   Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Cheers on the exercise.

I've always been an advocate of full range of motion push ups. I always go from full lockout to chest-to-floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Try These Pushups   

Back to top Go down

Try These Pushups
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1