Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Daily training - full body or split?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sascha

PostSubject: Daily training - full body or split?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi,

in future I'd like to train 6 days a week, but don't know if a full body workout will be too much or not. Should I splitt it into e.g. 1 day push & 1 day pull OR 1 day upper body & 1 day legs?

What are your experiances with daily training?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:28 pm

I usually train full body monday through friday sometimes saturday too.
I would do high reps on monday 10 sets of 20 pull ups, sometimes 20-25 sets of 40 - 50 rep push ups and high rep pistols, jump squats, hindu squats, lunges for legs and high rep for core.Tuesday is Raw strength day low reps one arm pull ups and negatives, weighted pull ups and work my way up to a new max every week at least +5lbs. heavy weighted dips also up to a new max,weighted ring push ups,heavy dead lifts mainly the only free weight exercises i do to keep up my overall strength, weighted jump squat, and advanced core like dragon flags, and various weighted core exercises.Wed strength endurance 100 reps with 45lb. pullup 10 -15 rep range, weighted dips 45lbs. 5-10 sets of 20 reps core all day long.Thursday usually rest or very low intensity training. Friday i get fancy and test my new strength and usually do muscle ups, Hspu on parallel bars, planche push ups still working on. I would try new things constant and just go hard all the time while using form to minimize injury, i eat 7meals a day if you try exercising like this make sure you eat enough it will take a little time but the body can adapt to almost anything if you fuel it right and sleep 8hrs.
If i were you i would try it good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
x

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:57 pm

-

Last edited by x on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:07 pm

ironloo wrote:
I usually train full body monday through friday sometimes saturday too.
I would do high reps on monday 10 sets of 20 pull ups, sometimes 20-25 sets of 40 - 50 rep push ups and high rep pistols, jump squats, hindu squats, lunges for legs and high rep for core.Tuesday is Raw strength day low reps one arm pull ups and negatives, weighted pull ups and work my way up to a new max every week at least +5lbs. heavy weighted dips also up to a new max,weighted ring push ups,heavy dead lifts mainly the only free weight exercises i do to keep up my overall strength, weighted jump squat, and advanced core like dragon flags, and various weighted core exercises.Wed strength endurance 100 reps with 45lb. pullup 10 -15 rep range, weighted dips 45lbs. 5-10 sets of 20 reps core all day long.Thursday usually rest or very low intensity training. Friday i get fancy and test my new strength and usually do muscle ups, Hspu on parallel bars, planche push ups still working on. I would try new things constant and just go hard all the time while using form to minimize injury, i eat 7meals a day if you try exercising like this make sure you eat enough it will take a little time but the body can adapt to almost anything if you fuel it right and sleep 8hrs.
If i were you i would try it good luck.
This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing man I think I'm gonna try this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Quick, i would do the 100 pullups and 100 dips in the morning before breakfast thats 30 minutes, Than at work i have a pullup bar so i would do hanging leg raises,front lever, pull ups and core all day when i can, than another 1-2hrs. for legs and core at home thats usually monday.But the raw strength days take long like 1-2 hrs. i take 5 minute breaks to perform at a maximum.My fridays can be as long as 3hrs. i get out of hand cause i go to my favorite park and i train sometime over 3hrs.Sometimes i will do a brutal circuit maybe 20 minutes but zero rest, u just have to change it and train very hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessicajane

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Ironloo... I see you are from NY... I will be moving back up to the New England area soon... What do you do when winter hits in terms of park workouts???

How long have you been training this way? Seems like an incredible load of volume and time commitment foooor..... ? Not trying to shat on your training or anything, just trying to understand your mentality. ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:18 am

JessicaJane, Well winter is pretty much the same as summer just more clothes, and being that i work outdoors i don't mind training outdoors either so i would go to any park anytime of the year. I have been training calisthenics for about 2yrs. and weight lifting before that. Yea some days are high volume but not nearly as high as some of the people here and on the bar-barians, there reps could double mine easily. Its not a time commitment more like a way of life something you do everyday no matter what like your job, friends, family. At first my training was to get fit and healthy i used to weigh 240lbs. now im about 180lbs. I also trained for sports. Now that i do calisthenics i am in better shape and feel stronger than before and i am training mainly for the bar-barian requirements. Mentality,To feel confident in a 12 round fight you will train for 24 rounds with a weight vest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessicajane

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:52 pm

What sort of gloves do you wear? I was thinking leather would keep your hands warm and still allow for a hard grip...

In my case, I couldn't commit that sort of time, which is almost frustrating... Balancing work, school, and social life is already enough right now, but I found seperating my sets throughout the day allows me to get in a lot of volume without a big time commitment. I hope to meet the Bar-Barian requirements as well, but I've got a lot of training to do! ;-) I think dips are my major weakness, I did 80 of them last night and my chest is SORE today!

Can you explain to me the differences you had with weight lifting vs bodyweight? Why do you choose the latter?

Congratulations on the weight loss. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:11 pm

JessicaJane, In the winter i would wear frosty grip by boss great gloves

The main differences i had with weightlifting vs. calisthenics is when i was weightlifting i was very strong only in that field and i was not as flexible, i was heavier and i didn't have nearly as much endurance, when i used to lift i struggled with 50 push ups. But now that i have been doing calisthenics for a little while i tested my strength with the weights and i am stronger now in certain lifts for example i can now curl 180lbs. before i curled 150lbs. My point is i think calisthenics is a more natural efficient way to train and much easier on the joints than weight lifting. I do a few weight lifting exercises, to me everyone should do dead lifts heavy to keep overall raw strength up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily training - full body or split?   

Back to top Go down

Daily training - full body or split?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1