Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Best way to gain mass

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael8christian

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:39 am

Tree-Trunk wrote:
Michael8christian wrote:
Bdog wrote:
I don't know man,the dude works out non-stop. I remember waking up every morning and getting on U-stream and Lb would be working out hard. That s**t got me pumped up to get it in. I think it's hard work and eating. Genetics has something to do with it but not everything. Everybody seems too worried about gaining mass than just getting better. It seems like every few weeks there's a thread about gaining mass. All the bigger guys like B-rock and Leb,etc say they didn't worry about that the physique comes with the hard work. This is not like bodybuilding. Even though I quoted you this post is not really directed at you I'm just saying in general.

yeah , for me genetic 20%, training 40% and well eat 40 %

I remember when someone have a question on LB " lb how can you looks like that "meant very big and he said something like "I was born like that " meant like big man Smile and it was very funny Smile

rest REST REST lol!

Seriously without it you wont grow much. If you want to talk percentages then rest & recovery are 50%

thanks of cores rest , I forgot it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:23 am

vassili wrote:
Its not i think metin looks fat i would be his ennemy , i say what i think thats all.
Weither he get my enemy just because i think that , then he is fool lol

i look fat wow????????? lets see a pic of me

WHATS THAT?? A SPINE COMING OUT IN FRONT OF THE ABS JUST LIKE HANNIBAL???? WTF IS THAT ON THE SIDE?? THE WHOLE WING IS BIGGER THAN YOU SPEEDY!

lets see another pic OH YEA THIS WAS ME BACK IN THE DAYS.. NOBODY I SEE WAS RIPPED LIKE ME.. stop talkin s**t.. i know it all if i wanna get ripped, give me a month .. if i wanna get bigger give me a week.. this is all from real foods, no supplements, so ofcourse u will get maybe fatter by the food u take in.. but who the f**k is ready for the new me?? and who the f**k can f**k with my core strength anyway?? my control?? who?? its funny.. thx for the dudes who got my back.. for the ones who aint .. just aint strong enough..

[quote="KillinGravity"]
whats that

[img][/img]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:54 am

By ripped i mean " definition " yeah.
Isnt 99% of people thnik ltillebeastM has a good definition i will thnik same thing.

I have my opinion and you have yours.

philPot wrote:
LOL dude. you just committed forum suicide. Metin is a lot more ripped then most of us will ever be. Have you SEEN his "calisthenics arms" video?? you WISH your triceps were that defined. No, what he does may not work for everyone, but hes got a damn good idea what hes doing. Bar-Elite mean anything to you? just sayin

I saw his video , huge arms yes .
I didnt say lbm do s**t , he does what he want and it works really good , just by seeing how he is now.
I answered to the question of " better way to gain mass " and what i said is correct.
Dont care about metin if he is more bigger than me , i dont wanna be so big, not my goal but he is his goal.
Im smaller ,lighter but i have better definition than him cause this is what i want and him not , if he want he will do it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 am

vassili wrote:
By ripped i mean " definition " yeah.
Isnt 99% of people thnik ltillebeastM has a good definition i will thnik same thing.

I have my opinion and you have yours.

philPot wrote:
LOL dude. you just committed forum suicide. Metin is a lot more ripped then most of us will ever be. Have you SEEN his "calisthenics arms" video?? you WISH your triceps were that defined. No, what he does may not work for everyone, but hes got a damn good idea what hes doing. Bar-Elite mean anything to you? just sayin

I saw his video , huge arms yes .
I didnt say lbm do s**t , he does what he want and it works really good , just by seeing how he is now.
I answered to the question of " better way to gain mass " and what i said is correct.
Dont care about metin if he is more bigger than me , i dont wanna be so big, not my goal but he is his goal.
Im smaller ,lighter but i have better definition than him cause this is what i want and him not , if he want he will do it.

ROFL LMAO WTF? ROFL LMAO HAXZORS OWNED PWNED
???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:32 am

lol little , why you are laughing ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 am

I'm doing a summary Very Happy :

1. LBM is huge - freakin huge (damn the pics you posted inspire and motivate me as hell, seriously)

2. His style of working out is - generally speaking!! - not the most efficient way to gain mass. Otherwise the whole bodybuilding industry would be wrong and they would also be working out everyday to gain mass, but they don't.

3. It obviously works for him though - as everyone can see. But that doesn't mean it works for everybody!

Don't be hatin' guys, take it easy. Everything's good....

I'm gonna go hit the bars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
noname

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 am

i find lbm is not fat and its not all genetics. i know much people who only doing pushups/dips/pullups and they have huge arms and when they could do planche pushups (maybe with weights) and some other s**t, i think they were as huge as metin after a few years. and yeah vassili you are maybe lighter than lbm but how he said, give him 1-2 month to drop off his (few) fat and he's still double as huge as you.

and to the problem with every day training: lbm is sore every day (thats what hes saying) and i think u must not training to (total) soreness (never) but i think its bether to train every day, if you have enough rest, eat and sleep. if youre training only 3 times a week you cant keep up with someone who's training right every day.

and this is not to compare with "bodybuilding". 50% in studio cant do one pullup but are bigger than vassili. and even when they can do pullups, they normaly cant do planche or handstand s**t.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:13 am

Trace wrote:

1. LBM is huge - freakin huge (damn the pics you posted inspire and motivate me as hell, seriously)

2. His style of working out is - generally speaking!! - not the most efficient way to gain mass. Otherwise the whole bodybuilding industry would be wrong and they would also be working out everyday to gain mass, but they don't.

3. It obviously works for him though - as everyone can see. But that doesn't mean it works for everybody!

dude... the bodybuilding industry IS wrong Wink that crap is for show. LBM does it for RAW STRENGTH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:53 am

PhilPot wrote:
Trace wrote:

dude... the bodybuilding industry IS wrong Wink that crap is for show. LBM does it for RAW STRENGTH.
+1 What we are doing is different than bodybuilding you can't workout out the same way as you do when you lift weights. For instance when I lifted weights I did chest once or twice a week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:56 am

cont. You could never do pushups and other chest exercises with cali once or twice a week you wouldn't get anywhere. Also try training planche once or twice a week and I bet you will never get there. You gotta train everday or almost everyday. When I first started doing calisthenics I had to get all that bodybuilding s**t outta my head because it was holding me back trying to workout like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Yh i disgree u cant be going all day every day really hard
Yh Lbm its cool at that say that s**t people make it look like your sooo hard core

Yh man your level is good very good
But some this s**t u come out wid sume time really make me lol!

Yall saying body builders don't know s**t
they have top research top scientist top athelets in the olympics all doing right stuff yh and none of them speak like YOU ...
They have time and decades of exprince behide them stop hateing
They have good stuff out their ...

One question to you lbm where has all your knowledge came from how do you knwo the best ways ?

i have done to year in school of sports BTEC National first dimploma
and other 2 year corse at college 4 ALEVEL with in sports sciene

and none of my teachers were speaking your SHITTTTTT and they beeb doign this alll THEIR LIFE....

But truth is You are over training Lb and your get an injury again..
Your not some gentick monster You just proggres same off alll us your no ellite super man sorry man but you just think your GOD or some think and you tend to think you can look down on every one eles and laugh at them i respect u for your level and your training
but not for your attuitde sort it out
People are starting to see the true you.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Lwaterman92
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm

I didn't say bodybuilders don't know s**t luke. I said you cannot train calisthenics and get results the same way as bodybuilding. There two different things. The bodybuilding industry is full of s**t though. All the supplement companies telling you a bunch of bullshit while they put some huge dude on the front of the ad to make you think if you take that you'll be as big as that dude. While they don't tell you the big guy on the front is sticking the needle in his a$$ and taking all sorts of other drugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Bdog, you're right. Comparing bodybuilding an calisthenics is probably pretty difficult. But you know why most bodybuilders won't be able to do a planche or a lot of pullups? Simply because they don't train that stuff.

I don't know how many ppl in this forum are able to do clean deadlifts with double their bodyweight on the handle, but I guess it ain't too many.

But anyways - there are tons of studies out there, that basically all say the same: your muscles need rest to grow and that overtraining is not healthy. Of course, lifting heavy weights and lifting your own bodyweight isn't the same, but even your bodyweight is enough to hurt yourself if you work your body too much.

You can also damage the tendons in your arm for the rest of your life by playing too much guitar, no heavy weights needed.

Give your body and your muscles time to rest and you'll be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Yh true
bdog i hate it how companys try make money out that shittt..

Their not much difference Resistance is resistance weights or body weight what ever your body does't no the difference

Im just saying they tho the stuff bdog metin does the same muscle like every day i seen him on ustream doing arm for like 3 days strigh hard with the vest and dont say u dont cuz i asked u be 4 u said i goo all out EVERY DAY HARD NO TIME 4 rest or sum s**t liek that... i cant reamber what u said but it was sum think along them lines

im just saying need set good example i dont want see people geting out this game cuz their training wrong..

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Lwaterman92
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:47 pm

True waterman you saying true thing........

Go hard all day is the badest thing you can do.
You will injure you soon or late.

But like LBM said its good i have to do it ?
It seem like here everything say LBM its good and its the better thing.....

I have much respect for LBM , incredible level etc but i agree with waterman , he begin to be disrespectful.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Some of you guys are a bit naive and need to learn more. LBM has a HUGE work capacity. He can handle the amount of training that he does because he's worked his way up there. Having a huge work capacity may shortchange your results in the short run, but in the long run, your progress will be faster. LBM's method works. It's not practical for many of us because of outside obligations(school, work, social life, etc.), but if you could do it, you would see results as well. LBM does what he does very well. His goal is to gain as much muscle mass and strength as possible for his frame.

LBM isn't the only one to train so often and for so long. I believe McCankles on this forum trains around 7 hours per day. He's achieved a great deal of strength moves just from his training style.

Those of you that believe that training 3 days a week for 1 hour at a time will get you a maltese hold, iron cross, or any other high level strength moves have a lot to learn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Quote :
Those of you that believe that training 3 days a week for 1 hour at a time will get you a maltese hold, iron cross, or any other high level strength moves have a lot to learn.

You too , do you master one of those move you are talking ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:48 pm

raja wrote:

What are we talking about? Gaining mass or achieving those moves?
Two different things....look at olympic gymnasts. They can do those but they are not as huge as guys like LBM and they are training everyday.

Fabian Hamb├╝chen, famous german olympic medalist. Does he look huge? I don't think so. But he can probably do more moves than most in this forum.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:58 pm

muscles are made addaptable. nervous system is made addaptable.
tendons strenghten, bones can take literaly a ton of beating before they break.
lbm is huge cuz his body adapted to his lifestyle. u could go all out too, but u'd probably end up with a ripped tendon, broken bones, or just be unable to move effectively for a weak.
start slow. when u start to be able to do more, just do more, and with a couple of years u might get to lbm's level.
but then again lbm is on a different plane of existance right now.

to each their own. lbm knows his way best.. ofc he's gunna promote it..
hell if i had time to workout like him i would. but seriously, try it out first then tell me it dont work.
oh and for the record.. ure saying that personal trainers know alot.. yeah they do, but most of them dont know half a s**t about calisthenics. u can ask a guy to help u with improving ur chest, and hes gunna set up on a bench press. seriously, find me ONE.. just ONE, personal trainer that knows something about calisthenics like lbm or other bar elites and ill maybe give ur theory some merit.

btw. u people and ur bickering makes me sick. cant u go train and burn ur frustrations on the bar?
seriously, i see people i used to know as bodybuilders starting barwork and getting their numbers in, without ever knowing there are bar comunities around. and u here on the forums have to be like a couple of stubborn rabbits that cant stop brainfucking eachother. jeez. get over it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Quote :
both

you cant compare a pro gymnast and a simple guy like me or you who train for the pleasure.

They are supervised by coaches, doctors, nutritionist etc.
They spend their whole day in training.

Compare what is comparable.

I trained 3-4 days a week during a long time and i can do move like front lever , planche , planche 90 degree push up. , pretty good iron cross ...etc
and pretty ripped for my height.
So how can you explain this ?

It isnt more you train more you progress but train effectively.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:12 pm

ffs this is about how to gain MASS. the BEST way to get MASS. vassili stop talking about some weird definition s*** and what u could do and lbm could do etc.. O.o

lbm is one of the most defined+biggest persons on this forum here. for his age he is THE most defined+biggest person mby on the world. lol

staying that lean at his size + his diet is amazing. this guy knows exactly what to do.

open a new thread like "who is more ripped vasilli vs lbm" and there u can post UR pictures then to show some proof or get commented on. show ur
s how u r more defined and ripped than lbm. 1 picture = millions of words
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:13 pm

vassili wrote:
Quote :
both

you cant compare a pro gymnast and a simple guy like me or you who train for the pleasure.

They are supervised by coaches, doctors, nutritionist etc.
They spend their whole day in training.

Compare what is comparable.

I trained 3-4 days a week during a long time and i can do move like front lever , planche , planche 90 degree push up. , pretty good iron cross ...etc
and pretty ripped for my height.
So how can you explain this ?

It isnt more you train more you progress but train effectively.

You didn't get my point Wink !

He's training everyday, but he isn't as huge as you might think he would be.

Anyway, I'm gonna get my a$$ out of this topic...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:24 pm

FSFFSFSFFSFFSFS

bodybuilding = looking strong

cali = being strong

if some1 trains with weigths just as much as lbm trains calis.. he would get fucked up waaayy more.

lbm has great diet and great stretches. + he masstered basics before going onto harder moves and uses constant motherfackin progression.

he does warumups and cooldowns, pre and after stretches etc.

again: this topic is about the "best way to gain mass" and since we are in this forum it is about BODYWEIGHT exercises. stop talking s**t about weights.

lbm is THE EXPERT on this topic. 2 years of training and check out his motherfacking size!!!! Shocked

ofc some could say there are cons like injuries etc. but again. if some1 seeks for THE BEST AND EXTREMEST way of gaining muscle.. ofc there will be some sideeffects or downsides. there are always pros and cons.

and luke u should be more respectful man! i dnt care how polite u say things if i were in ur position i wouldnt question lbm even one little bit. or talk trash against him openly in here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Quote :

You didn't get my point Wink !

He's training everyday, but he isn't as huge as you might think he would be.

Anyway, I'm gonna get my a$$ out of this topic.

You a fool !
Pro gymnast dont care about mass , they wanna be the stronger with the less weight as possible ......
you fool .............

@ pulldoggpull : dont care bout me and LBM .
this is what isaid for the beginning , i answered to the question of " better way to gain mass " and some fool came to answer what you know now cause it take 3 page lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:56 pm

what the f**k?? i am being disrespectfull? who the f**k, talks about me saying im fat? .. my mind is you dont wanna work with me.. f**k it,, get the f**k outta my way.. luke what the f**k are you talking about? i told you before dont get on my s**t, and no im not god.. who the f**k says im god? .. i dont care what u have done on school about fitness, what i have seen its not working for you, weak mofo.. i be there in the uk soon, WITH JAY (PullinGravity) see if you still talk s**t, i dont do this internet s**t.. no longer.. i have sad it before.. dont get on my s**t..

and speedy. u saying im getting an additude now?? why we talking everyday on msn, sharing workouts?? wow.. get a fckin life for real.. im done talkin with ya, and if you dont trust me or dont belive in my workouts than just dont fucking do it.. dont start talking s**t about me.. and behind my back is the worst part.. reall funny

lately its reall funny how dudes been acting, im here to help.. who was posting helpfull videos?? who was the one who share workouts - even live on ustream??

damn.. whats on yall mind?? U MAD CAUSE I GOT ALL THESE MOVES ?? THERE IS SOMETHING THAT CALLS HARDWORK VERY HARDWORK..

Again you dont wanna work with me. dont do anything that involves my name.. cause haters make me look bad..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   

Back to top Go down

Best way to gain mass
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next