Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Best way to gain mass

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fkncody

PostSubject: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:43 am

In your guys opinion, what are the best ways to gain mass with calisthenics?

Here's my list:

1. EAT, EAT, EAT, and then uhhh, oh yeah, EAT.

2. Keep the rep ranges below 12 by doing harder variations, doing super slow movements, or throwing on a vest/weight belt/backpack/homemade weights/etc...

3. Plenty of sleep, 8-10 hours a night.

4. Cut down on cardio, 2 sessions of HIIT cardio a week max.

5. How many training sessions a week do you guys think would be optimal for mass gains?

6. How long and how many sets/exercises do you guys think is optimal for the most mass gains?

7. And finally, do you think there is a general outline that is best for gaining mass? (For example, monday: upperbody; tuesday: lowerbody; wednesday: off; thursday: upperbody; friday: lowerbody; saturday: off; sunday: off)

I'm curious to see what your opinions are, and I personally would like to know what you guys think about #'s 5,6, and 7.

farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:22 am

MON - PULL ENDURANCE
TUES - PUSH ENDURANCE
WED - CORE / HIIT 20 mins
THUR - PULL STRENGTH
FRI - PUSH STRENGTH
SATURDAY - HIIT 20mins / CORE
SUNDAY - OFF
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:30 am

Daniel wrote:
MON - PULL ENDURANCE
TUES - PUSH ENDURANCE
THUR - PULL STRENGTH
FRI - PUSH STRENGTH
SUNDAY - OFF

still on that bullshit??? LMAO.. i told you fool about this before.. daniel.. u must be joking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:02 am

fkncody wrote:
In your guys opinion, what are the best ways to gain mass with calisthenics?

Here's my list:

1. EAT, EAT, EAT, and then uhhh, oh yeah, EAT.

2. Keep the rep ranges below 12 by doing harder variations, doing super slow movements, or throwing on a vest/weight belt/backpack/homemade weights/etc...

3. Plenty of sleep, 8-10 hours a night.

4. Cut down on cardio, 2 sessions of HIIT cardio a week max.

5. How many training sessions a week do you guys think would be optimal for mass gains?

6. How long and how many sets/exercises do you guys think is optimal for the most mass gains?

7. And finally, do you think there is a general outline that is best for gaining mass? (For example, monday: upperbody; tuesday: lowerbody; wednesday: off; thursday: upperbody; friday: lowerbody; saturday: off; sunday: off)

I'm curious to see what your opinions are, and I personally would like to know what you guys think about #'s 5,6, and 7.

farao

1 - wrong
2 - wrong
3 - good
4 - fail
5- all day everyday
6- go all out fool.. stay off those crappy fitness books
7 - ITS ALL BULLSHIT... GO ALL OUT CHALLENGE YOURSELF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharaz

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:19 am

Daniel wrote:
MON - PULL ENDURANCE
TUES - PUSH ENDURANCE
THUR - PULL STRENGTH
FRI - PUSH STRENGTH
SUNDAY - OFF

With this training you'll get nothing. No, you'll get something - pencil legs lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superbenx

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:24 am

[quote]
1 - wrong
2 - wrong
3 - good
4 - fail
5- all day everyday
7 - ITS ALL BULLSHIT... GO ALL OUT CHALLENGE YOURSELF[/quote
]

But if you workout everyday and go max you will be over training no???
you will lose muscle and not gain I heard that you have to put 70% on workout.

and how can you say wrong about eating eating an eating n eating? its how you gained the weight no?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:26 am

Sharaz wrote:
Daniel wrote:
MON - PULL ENDURANCE
TUES - PUSH ENDURANCE
THUR - PULL STRENGTH
FRI - PUSH STRENGTH
SUNDAY - OFF

With this training you'll get nothing. No, you'll get something - pencil legs lol!

Okay sharaz..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:49 am

Eat a good diet (might check some bodybuilding forums for some good diet plans). Your way of eating is extremely important for gaining mass - if you don't get enough food, you will hardly gain mass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Better training for gain mass , is strenght /endurance not pure endurance and not pure strength...

Like pyramid , superset ,dirty30....
With only basic exercice you can gain mass , then you can add weight on you when it would be too easy or choose more harder exercice.

3 or 4 days a week and each training you kill yourself but not totally , you go like 95% of you can , dont kill you until you can do no anything itisnt good.

You need to stress your muscle enough at each training for they have to grow to support the next training , so you have always to train hardly but not too much.
If you kill you too much hard , you need too much time to recover totally , then you risk some injuries also.
The main thing is to train the most harder but it allow you to recover quiclky for the next training because you need to train soften.

Of course you have to eat a lot and rest enough too , its when you rest that yours msucle grow , dont listen littlebeastM when he say to train everyday.

So :
3-4 training a week where you train hard but stop before you are totally dead.
eat hard
sleep hard

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fkncody

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:59 am

LittleBeastM - SS3 wrote:

5- all day everyday

With my college studies, obligations, and social life, working out for hours everyday isn't practical for me at all. I only have 3-4 days out of the week with about an hour window to exercise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:51 am

fkncody wrote:

5- all day everyday

With my college studies, obligations, and social life, working out for hours everyday isn't practical for me at all. I only have 3-4 days out of the week with about an hour window to exercise.

that means u really need to go all out.. stop that bullshit.. im just tryna help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:53 am

vassili wrote:
Better training for gain mass , is strenght /endurance not pure endurance and not pure strength...

With only basic exercice you can gain mass , then you can add weight on you when it would be too easy or choose more harder exercice.

3 or 4 days a week and each training you kill yourself but not totally , you go like 95% of you can , dont kill you until you can do no anything itisnt good.

You need to stress your muscle enough at each training for they have to grow to support the next training , so you have always to train hardly but not too much.
If you kill you too much hard , you need too much time to recover totally , then you risk some injuries also.
The main thing is to train the most harder but it allow you to recover quiclky for the next training because you need to train soften.

Of course you have to eat a lot and rest enough too , its when you rest that yours msucle grow , dont listen littlebeastM when he say to train everyday.

So :
eat hard
sleep hard

how can u say that, while im one of the biggest.. at 19 years old?? damnnn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:37 am

vassili wrote:

So :
eat hard
sleep hard

Sorry bro, but that it works for you doesn't mean it does work for everybody.
You might wanna check out this article on "Bro Science":

http://ezinearticles.com/?Bro-Science&id=3374179
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:42 am

Trace wrote:
vassili wrote:

So :
eat hard
sleep hard

stop reading the bullshit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael8christian

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:07 am

[/quote]

how can u say that, while im one of the biggest.. at 19 years old?? damnnn [/quote]

you are genetic monster Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Trace wrote:
vassili wrote:

So :
eat hard
sleep hard

No ,for a quick and good gain mass you dont haveto train everyday.
I dont say that because it works for me but it works for everyone.
Quote :

Look at metin , he is huge but he looks fat not ripped.
Why because he train too much and dont let his muscle rest enough.
and of course he eat too much so he take too much fat.
This is my opinion.Im sure im not the only one to think that.

I know a lot of people ripped , gain a lot of mass with only 3 training a week.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Michael8christian wrote:

how can u say that, while im one of the biggest.. at 19 years old?? damnnn [/quote]

you are genetic monster Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [/quote] I don't know man,the dude works out non-stop. I remember waking up every morning and getting on U-stream and Lb would be working out hard. That s**t got me pumped up to get it in. I think it's hard work and eating. Genetics has something to do with it but not everything. Everybody seems too worried about gaining mass than just getting better. It seems like every few weeks there's a thread about gaining mass. All the bigger guys like B-rock and Leb,etc say they didn't worry about that the physique comes with the hard work. This is not like bodybuilding. Even though I quoted you this post is not really directed at you I'm just saying in general.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharaz

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:11 pm

vassili wrote:
Trace wrote:
vassili wrote:

So :
eat hard
sleep hard

No ,for a quick and good gain mass you dont haveto train everyday.
I dont say that because it works for me but it works for everyone.
Quote :

Vassili you want to be Metin's enemy like Luke? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Its not i think metin looks fat i would be his ennemy , i say what i think thats all.
Weither he get my enemy just because i think that , then he is fool lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael8christian

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:53 pm

Bdog wrote:
I don't know man,the dude works out non-stop. I remember waking up every morning and getting on U-stream and Lb would be working out hard. That s**t got me pumped up to get it in. I think it's hard work and eating. Genetics has something to do with it but not everything. Everybody seems too worried about gaining mass than just getting better. It seems like every few weeks there's a thread about gaining mass. All the bigger guys like B-rock and Leb,etc say they didn't worry about that the physique comes with the hard work. This is not like bodybuilding. Even though I quoted you this post is not really directed at you I'm just saying in general.

yeah , for me genetic 20%, training 40% and well eat 40 %

I remember when someone have a question on LB " lb how can you looks like that "meant very big and he said something like "I was born like that " meant like big man Smile and it was very funny Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Michael8christian wrote:
Bdog wrote:
I don't know man,the dude works out non-stop. I remember waking up every morning and getting on U-stream and Lb would be working out hard. That s**t got me pumped up to get it in. I think it's hard work and eating. Genetics has something to do with it but not everything. Everybody seems too worried about gaining mass than just getting better. It seems like every few weeks there's a thread about gaining mass. All the bigger guys like B-rock and Leb,etc say they didn't worry about that the physique comes with the hard work. This is not like bodybuilding. Even though I quoted you this post is not really directed at you I'm just saying in general.

yeah , for me genetic 20%, training 40% and well eat 40 %

I remember when someone have a question on LB " lb how can you looks like that "meant very big and he said something like "I was born like that " meant like big man Smile and it was very funny Smile

rest REST REST lol!

Seriously without it you wont grow much. If you want to talk percentages then rest & recovery are 50%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:59 pm

vassili wrote:

LOL dude. you just committed forum suicide. Metin is a lot more ripped then most of us will ever be. Have you SEEN his "calisthenics arms" video?? you WISH your triceps were that defined. No, what he does may not work for everyone, but hes got a damn good idea what hes doing. Bar-Elite mean anything to you? just sayin Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
adriaan

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 am

PhilPot wrote:
vassili wrote:

LOL dude. you just committed forum suicide. Metin is a lot more ripped then most of us will ever be. Have you SEEN his "calisthenics arms" video?? you WISH your triceps were that defined. No, what he does may not work for everyone, but hes got a damn good idea what hes doing. Bar-Elite mean anything to you? just sayin Wink

by ripped do you mean big muscles or good definition? Huge respect to LBM for his strength (planche pushups at his weight is amazing) but he definitely does not have much definition. I'd say it's cause he has like 6 eggs, 4 pieces of bread with peanut butter, fruit, and "some cawfee wid it" every morning as well as, I would assume, big meals throughout the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:20 am

adriaan wrote:
PhilPot wrote:
vassili wrote:

by ripped do you mean big muscles or good definition? Huge respect to LBM for his strength (planche pushups at his weight is amazing) but he definitely does not have much definition. I'd say it's cause he has like 6 eggs, 4 pieces of bread with peanut butter, fruit, and "some cawfee wid it" every morning as well as, I would assume, big meals throughout the day.

look at his pictures... no, his abs may not be as cut up as some, but have you freaking seen his arms? and by ripped i mean definition, despite him not having much hes got as much or more then most people. Plus, I'm sure if he wanted to be cut up he would train for it, its clear he trains for strength and size, and considering the OP of this forum asked about gaining mass... I'd go to LBM for advice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
inevitablediss

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 am

If definition and all that s**t was Metin's goal imagine how much better he'd look then most of us at that?
As above he does train for size and strength, he looks huge not even close to fat. The term bulky describes it well and I'd be very happy with his figure.
Id rather be so called "fat" and 19 then be mediocre and 40something.
Don't hate me for saying what I think doh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to gain mass   

Back to top Go down

Best way to gain mass
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next