Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

training format

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dweidran

PostSubject: training format   Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:23 pm

I have been doing sets all maxed,i.e the most reps I can do.I leave about 3-5 mins rest between so I can max out on every set.Do you think I should try the ladder method,ex: 1 set=15 2 set= 13 3rd set=10 etc and reduce rest to 30 seconds?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessicajane

PostSubject: Re: training format   Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:08 pm

By maxed out, do you mean until failure? A lot of strength training literature reccomends NOT going to failure, primarily so you can train more often and not push the body until total exhaustion...

I found this thread here: http://www.clutchfitness.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9363
And a heated discussion about the concept here:
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=2198

Pretty interesting, if you've never heard of myo-reps before... It is basically going full-out on your first set with about a rep or two left in you, wait 10-20secs, then try another set until you get close to failure, then another. I suppose it's very similiar to drop sets... I'm curious of the differences, but Lyle Mcdonald and Blade are both essentially saying your reps will be producing more force and using more type II fibers (=muscle growth) in this fashion than if you split up your sets with more rest time. I've been doing supersetting for several weeks now, doing about 5 chin-ups, then 15 push-ups, then another three or four exercises and repeating the sequence. I will be trying this new approach next however...

Remember though, that there is no one way that will work. Variation is key. Vary your reps, volume, rest times, and loads consistently and I'm sure you will reach all of your goals. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dweidran

PostSubject: Re: training format   Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:39 pm

nono maxed but 1-2 reps left since failure is out of the question.thanks for the links Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: training format   

Back to top Go down

training format
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1