Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Introduction / first training session

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
erelax

PostSubject: Introduction / first training session   Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:47 am

Greetings all Im Sam,

My main reason for signing up is to get fit, loose the most of the fat I have and gain some muscle, I haven't done any training for a few years due to many visits to hospital with a long term illness I have.

So today I started a little training regime

-10 star jumps
-10 press ups
-10 burpees
-10 sit ups
-10 dips
-10 secs running on a spot

I attempted to do this 5 times with a 10 second break at the end of each round, however I only managed to do 3 rounds and I was absolutely shattered.

Is there anything I can do to improve this workout so im not so exhausted at the end of it?

Thanks
-Sam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: Introduction / first training session   Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:51 am

Keep doin it!! if you arent wiped out by the end of your workout, youu should push yourself more Wink obviously you need to listen to your body and stop if it HURTS. but theres a difference between PAIN (your body telling you something is wrong) and DISCOMFORT (pushing your body past where its comfortable.) If you keep doing that workout, giving yourself rest days when you need to and such, you will see improvement. try and mix it up too! throw in some more exercises, substitute exercises, try and do some workouts and just see how many reps you can bang out, do a workout and do them slow and controlled with as good form as you can, that kind of thing. get creative!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: Introduction / first training session   Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Increase the break between rounds. Try a minute. You basically are building up an oxygen debt and not giving enough time to recover enough of it.

Then you can either add rounds or start reducing the break time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction / first training session   

Back to top Go down

Introduction / first training session
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1