Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pure Basics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cen

PostSubject: Pure Basics   Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 am

So recently I've decided to revert back to doing only basics. I've had numerous injury problems and am not satisfied with the way I'm doin my movement. Coming from many years of just long distance running then immediately ta everyday burnout ain't tha way to go... I know now my body wasn't at all prepared for that and needs time to adapt. It's harsh putting all the excitement of learning new advanced movements on a later time, but I'm lookin for perfection. Forgettin quantity an how many different things I got, give me quality. Only workin with basic movements now till I feel I've mastered control of my body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/cory108
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Pure Basics   Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 am

wise man very wise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Pure Basics   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:07 pm

When you say pure basics, what do you mean? Push-ups, dips, pull-ups, muscle ups, squats, lunges, dragonflags?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cen

PostSubject: Re: Pure Basics   Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:56 pm

For pulling and pushing motions:
I've done distance running as I previously mentioned for quite a few years and recently switched to sprinting so my arms are not accustomed ta heavy usage. Some basic arm calisthenics I'll be doin are pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups, and dips. I'm deciding whether or not to include front and back lever training.

For core motions:
Since my body's used to doing core work from track an field training I think it'd be fine to hammer core any way I see fit. My body has already adjusted to taking daily stress in that way, it's ready to build. Not only is my body able to tolerate training like that, but my form is controlled and I have quality movement.

For leg motions:
Similarly to my core my legs are used to taking near everyday stress and are ready to build.

This is just according to my body, everyone is at different levels. Basically I want very simplistic movements for my upper body. I don't want 20 different things to work on. Thas not simplistic... This is kind of like mixing colors. You've got your three primary colors red, blue, and yellow. Those three can be mixed in different combinations to get your secondary colors green, violet, and orange which are no longer pure. They can be broken down into the three primary colors. Everything affects everything.

So the push-ups I do will affect a planche push-up I'll be doing later on in the future. Pull-ups affect a muscle-up I'll be doing later on in the future... Think of the push-ups and pull-ups as the primary colors and the planche push-ups and muscle-ups as the secondary colors. To perform a planche push-up you need ta be able ta do a "mixture" of push-ups, handstands, handstand push-ups, etc... Same for performing the muscle-ups, you need a "mixture" of dips, pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups, etc... Feel me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/cory108
mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Pure Basics   Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Got you. I was just curious to see what others meant by basics, and if a movement like muscle-ups would be in that category. I liked your primary color allegory, haha. That was a good way of putting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure Basics   

Back to top Go down

Pure Basics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1