Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The beginning of my journey...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trace

PostSubject: The beginning of my journey...   Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:36 am

Hey guys,

this thread is here for motivation - motivation for you and motivation to keep me going.

As I already wrote in my introduction thread, my goal is to achieve unity of body and mind, or in other words, I want to become a Bar-Barian.

I want to achieve the Bar-Barian Requirements asap, Deadline a year from today.

I'll put my total dedication into this goal and by following it, I also want to increase my discipline to a whole new level (even though my Statistics-test grade already states that I'm already workin hard haha Very Happy ).

Why I open up this thread?
As I already stated, I want to motivate you and myself.
So I want to use this thread as a training log. I'll try to post regularly where I'm at, what my training looks like etc.

ATM, my max reps are:

Pullups: 10
Pushups: 42
Dips: gotta check those
Handstand Pushups: 3
Muscle Ups: I guess 0, but I'm gonna try one today

Pretty low I guess, but who cares. I got a goal, I'm gonna get it!

Atm my workout looks like this:

I'm gettin on my bike to get to an old soccer goal, the only thing to do pullups on around here:

3x5 Pullups
3x5 Chinups
5x20 Triceps Extensions
5x10 Jumping Jacks (the name came to my mind - I just jump onto a pingpong table from a standing position)
1 Set of Bench Pushups (1 wide pu, 1 with one hand on the bench, 1 diamond etc., you know it)

back on the bike, to an old soccer stadium with some parallel bars in front:

Bar-Barian Pyramid (2-4-6-8-10-8-6-4-2-) Dips
10x15 Dips
5x10 hanging Zakaveli's (my arms are already too weak to hold an L-
Seat, so I just hang between the dip bars and move my legs
straight from side to side
5x15 Advanced Situps
5x30sec Plank

That's it.

I'd be cool to get some feedback on my workout. Adding Australian Pullups just popped into my mind.

I'll have to write another test in 2 hours, after that I'm gonna go workout.

So long, keep on workin hard!

Trace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Alright, just came home from Workout...

After my exam I felt pretty energized, so I had the idea of working out with a weight vest (my backpack with 3 kgs in it Very Happy) to get some extra effect. This is what I did:

3x5 Pullups (I was pretty surprised I could do it lol)
3x5 chinups (last 5 reps were negatives)
5x20 Triceps extentions
5x10 Jumping jacks
1x Bench Pushups
5x15 Advanced Situps
Bar-Barian Pyramid Dips
3x10 Australian Pullups
3x15 Dips
3x30 sec. Plank

My arms are feeling pretty fucked up right now...but I'm feeling awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:34 am

Yo,

exams are over and I' back from holidays. I'm at my parents house for the next 6 weeks, so I'm gonna get some pullup bars to mount on the wall to keep up training.

But I need Input! Any comments on my training so far, changes I should make, exercises I have to add?

Cmon guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adamg22

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:17 pm

EAT EAT AND EAT!! Good nutrition is the biggest part of your results.. and when it starts to hurt keep pushing yourself. no pain no gain!
im pretty sure everyone on here will agree metin is one of the biggest inspirations on this forum so check out some of his videos!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:41 am

Cheers Adam for your feedback.

I've been struggling the past 2 weeks. Don't know why...at the moment I am working for the past and the next 2 weeks, but I started training again yesterday, and it felt great.
I also started eating harder, because I noticed I'm getting weaker and I'm loosing weight, which sucks kinda bad.

I still don't got a pullup bar, noone around here in my hometown, so I only got my jumprope and my pushup handles.

Anyone got some good advice/training routine to push me real hard?

By the way, yesterday I focused extremely on my form while doing the exc. and I did way less reps than usually.

It was 20, 15, 10, 6,5,4 Pushups (with handles) I could do, then my arms were absolutely fucked up. Same with dips, it was 20, 15,10,12,10 (legs up on a chair in front of me), doing them in perfect form is just way harder than simply banging them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Yo,

I finally got an Iron Gym today, so this means:

NO MORE EXCUSES!

I can workout wherever I want - if our doorframes don't break lol (It doesn't fit a 100%).

So I did Pullups and Chinups since 5 weeks...and damnit, the reps went down pretty bad.

My Pullups were:

6-4-2-2-1,
Chinups:
4-3-2-1-1

After that I did Dips (with pushup handles, feet on a chair)

20-20-20-15-15

Then Triceps extentions:

15-20-15-15-15

Plank (sec)
30-45-60

As a "finisher" I did pushups (with handles):
5-5-4-3-3

(those were my max!!! I couldn't do a single one more after this!)

I guess that's it. I'm totally not used to pullups anymore.

But that just showed my that I gotta work harder.

Anyway, I also have sth positive to say. A friend of mine who did bodybuilding some year ago just saw me and told me that it was obvious that I've been workin out. Felt quite good.

And another thing. After looking in the mirror some minutes ago, I remember why I actually started working out in March (or January, don't remember) - because my body didn't look shaped at all (well, it wasn't that bad, but there was so much more to improbe).
So now, some months my later I saw myself in the mirror and was pretty confident. My body looks quite defined and athletic, just the way I wanted it to look like.

The first part is successfully achieved. But since I got my new goal - becoming a bar-barian - I'm gonna work even harder.

There's a lot more to do.

All the best,
Trace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:40 am

Aight,

I'm still at work, but I hopefully will be able to go home sooner than the last days and have some more time for my workout. I'm still feeling kinda sore in my lats and my shoulders - but it's an awesome feeling, just as if my muscles would be workin their asses of, so I can train harder (lol).

I'll see how much Pu's I can do today, can't wait to get home.

BTW: This thread's got more than 300 views, but only 1 answer that is not written by me - feel free to comment, no matter if you like what I do or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:56 pm

I like what your doing Very Happy. Keep progressing mate and i'll be watching your progress Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:05 am

KenStonefield wrote:
I like what your doing Very Happy. Keep progressing mate and i'll be watching your progress Smile

Cheers mate.

Things are going pretty good. Just finished my workout and finally managed to do 3 sets of 5 clean and slow pullups (before I could only do like 5-4/3-2 in a set) and even after doing the Puups and chinups I did 40 dips (then 25, 25). After that 25-10-10 Pushups and some other stuff.

After doing the last exc. I was pretty close to throwing up, pretty intense....but anyway, it's good to see progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:25 am

Alright,

Workout finished, and I'm f**kin thrilled. I became aware of how bad I want to achieve this goal, it's kinda scary to me - I play guitar for fun and for passion, I go skateboarding for fun and for pashion and I do my workout for fun and for passion. But I want to succeed and go harder so much more than becoming a better guitar player or sth. else.
It just feels awesome.

Keep it workin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:31 am

gogoggogoooo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Alright,

I tried LBMs Static Hold Routine today, with my triceps feeling a bit sore. I couldn't perfectly complete it (had problems with the chinups - I'm not at home like the last few weeks, and I'm workin out on a soccer goal and it's extremely hard to get a good grip for Chinups), but got pretty far. And I was pretty surprised about it, too.

I only managed to do 3 sets with 5 reps of perfect form Pushups last week (30-40 sec rest), now I did this routine with only 10 secs of rest inbetween.

This routine makes your arms feel pumped as hell. But the routine itself is pretty hard - anyway, I want to finish it perfectly as soon as possible.

Credits to LBM, thanks for sharing your routines with us.

This one's been for you!

Oh and by the way - if you want to check my parallel bars out:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You gotta love this game...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 am

Alright,

I'm gaining weight. But my body fat stays the same...pretty cool actually.

I just thought I'd ask for some input. Tell me some routines to get my reps up and grow faster, send me through hell, give me your hardest stuff to do, I need some input!

I'm gonna go for LBMs static hold routine again today, that s**t is dope...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:14 am

Aight,

I'll be honest: I got lost along my way. Not too much to say, I just excused a lot and got lost.

But now I'm back and I'm willing to achieve my goal more than ever before.

It's - 7 °C (19.4 °F) in my town, but according to Highlandaz (check their all season vid):

It's only cold when you're not moving!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
boomTown

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Good to hear you're back with it Very Happy . That's step one mate. I read this topic for the first time today, I liked your training log. Keep it goin man..and if you want input, just check out the training routines forum, or check out other training logs.

Keep it up cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:44 am

Hey guys,

I'm still on track. And I got a whole new workout plan, including Density Training - I'm gonna make an extra thread for this.

Max out everyday to increase reps is just so ineffective, I can hardly believe it! I'm gonna order rings these days....goin strong!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:31 pm

After nearly one year I found some GOOD bars to work out on - I can finally grab the whole bar because it's smaller than my old one.

I'm feeling better than ever....oh and by the way:

My first Muscle-Up (on tape)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:37 am

Nice muscle up! it looks clean to me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:34 pm

1stratos1 wrote:
Nice muscle up! it looks clean to me Smile

Cheers mate, appreciate it!

I don't know why, but in terms of working out I'm kind of...unlucky.
Every time I'm really progressing, I tend to hurt myself or some strange circumstances stop me from training.
Last Monday I had to get my wisdom teeth extracted. Fortunately I was allowed to do sports only 2 days afterwards (I know people that didn't even want to go out their houses because their face was swollen Very Happy )
So no big deal.

On Thursday I did 9 sets of 1 Muscle-Up each, which was a huge success for me (since my first one is not even 2 weeks ago), but I somehow hurt my forearm -couldn't do a single MU today, only one yesterday. Sucks badass.
Anyway, I'm gonna take a rest day tomorrow and I'll be fresh on Monday.

What's the point?!

f**k Injuries and weird circumstances - no excuses, don't let anything weigh you down, keep on going!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Don't know why, but I kinda feel burned out, no energy. I'm motivated and I go out everyday, but my numbers are kind of decreasing every time. I'm gonna eat harder (probably the main source why I'm decreasing) and give my body some rest this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   

Back to top Go down

The beginning of my journey...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1