Elite Bodyweight Training
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Post Workout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 am

Hey Guys, sorry if my question will sound stupid to you guys but,

Like, apart from the usual s**t you can find on internet about grams of protein per kilo blah blah blah, I mean, if you're eating all this food, how do you know if it's too much, I mean, is it about how big you are, what type of workout you do? Like, Man, you just whooped those Awesome sandwiches, and I'm like, just having a can of tuna and a bunch of almonds. And I'm an ectomorph. Should I eat more to make more muscle? And are you sure it works? lol I mean, I'm obsessed with my shape you see, I don't want any fat, only muscle and definitely not lose my six pack definition, or what the f**k am I training for to get a belly?

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
Fi

avatar

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-02-09
Location : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 am

You look great, so don't worry about that. As long as you are getting stronger and recovering ok then I don't see why you need to change your eating habits.

Guys seem to be obsessed with getting bigger, but it's not really a good thing IMO. Just focus on strength and the size will come with that eventually.

_________________
Bar-barella.com
Train hard, eat right, be awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Fi wrote:
You look great, so don't worry about that. As long as you are getting stronger and recovering ok then I don't see why you need to change your eating habits.

Guys seem to be obsessed with getting bigger, but it's not really a good thing IMO. Just focus on strength and the size will come with that eventually.

Thankyou Very much Fi for your post :-)

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
NGN

avatar

Posts : 515
Join date : 2012-07-17
Age : 42
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Elite-Bars wrote:
Hey Guys, sorry if my question will sound stupid to you guys but,

Like, apart from the usual s**t you can find on internet about grams of protein per kilo blah blah blah, I mean, if you're eating all this food, how do you know if it's too much, I mean, is it about how big you are, what type of workout you do? Like, Man, you just whooped those Awesome sandwiches, and I'm like, just having a can of tuna and a bunch of almonds. And I'm an ectomorph. Should I eat more to make more muscle? And are you sure it works? lol I mean, I'm obsessed with my shape you see, I don't want any fat, only muscle and definitely not lose my six pack definition, or what the f**k am I training for to get a belly?

Elite,
You are very lean and will be able to add muscle very fast if you up cal and macros all around. I suggest you add at least 500 cal per day in protein and carbs in your first meal. Also add more protein to your last meal.
I was like you when I was bodybuilding as a teenager. I was eating 4000-4500 cal per day, added massive muscle and no fat. I was doing loads of squats and deadlifts though.
When you workout hard your body will be in a glycogen storage and muscle building mode, not in a fat storage mode. Take advantage of that. As an ectomorph fat gain should be the least of your worries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:18 pm

NGN wrote:
Elite-Bars wrote:
Hey Guys, sorry if my question will sound stupid to you guys but,

Like, apart from the usual s**t you can find on internet about grams of protein per kilo blah blah blah, I mean, if you're eating all this food, how do you know if it's too much, I mean, is it about how big you are, what type of workout you do? Like, Man, you just whooped those Awesome sandwiches, and I'm like, just having a can of tuna and a bunch of almonds. And I'm an ectomorph. Should I eat more to make more muscle? And are you sure it works? lol I mean, I'm obsessed with my shape you see, I don't want any fat, only muscle and definitely not lose my six pack definition, or what the f**k am I training for to get a belly?

Elite,
You are very lean and will be able to add muscle very fast if you up cal and macros all around. I suggest you add at least 500 cal per day in protein and carbs in your first meal. Also add more protein to your last meal.
I was like you when I was bodybuilding as a teenager. I was eating 4000-4500 cal per day, added massive muscle and no fat. I was doing loads of squats and deadlifts though.
When you workout hard your body will be in a glycogen storage and muscle building mode, not in a fat storage mode. Take advantage of that. As an ectomorph fat gain should be the least of your worries.

Cheers Bro Smile))

I do explosive squats every other day and heel raises and leg work with dumbells in my hands.
I will begin doing weighted Bar work from now on, so I can really break some tissue and the food will be used well I guess.

I Will take your advice Man Cheers and have a good day.

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
pflmagic



Posts : 244
Join date : 2011-07-14
Location : Melbourne, Australia.

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Fi is bang on saying focus on strength first and the physique will follow... Then again it does come down to 'why do you train?' To look good... Or to feel good.
Regardless, in terms of nutrition you have to see what works for you; as shown there are plenty of ways to go about eating successfully to supplement your training. In terms of food choices/amounts it's a bit easier for some of us who have spent countless hours reading and experimenting with nutrition; demystifying the topic so to speak. So we can construct a meal plan which suits our lifestyle. Don't read too much into the volume of food other people eat... For example I can afford to eat 3500kcal a day and still lose weight, just due to the fact that outside my training; I work an active job which burns a whole lot of energy. Try and get a rough idea (in terms of energy expenditure and lifestyle) of what you need to eat to maintain weight. Then just a few times, log your food intake and see if you are getting anywhere near what you think. You can then start to eat more on workout days If getting bigger is what you wanna do. By doing this cleanly with correct training, you can put more muscle on and maintain a low fat percentage (or even lose weight !). NGN is a great example. Even then though man, if this seems a little to much for you; just start eating a bit more. You're not gonna 'blow out' and lose all your physique in one night... You might get bloated from eating but don't confuse the two. As NGN said due to your metabolism you have a hard time putting on weight anyway, so if you're training is on point and you start eating more, fat loss will most likely be kept to a minimum. These are all very diluted concepts but I hope you get some ideas from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

avatar

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-02-09
Location : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Very true. Someone asked me yesterday how I ate, and this is part of my reply:

"I have to be honest - getting nutrition nailed is a bit like getting good at a sport - it's something you have to come to through a lot of practise and trial and error. It's taken me many years to come to how I eat now, and without taking that journey you couldn't (and may not want to) eat how I do."

I actually get 70% (+/-10% - depends on carb intake on training days) of my calories from fat. Many people wouldn't want to eat like that, but I love it and get to eat a lot of the things I enjoy (PB, cheese, coconut milk, dark chocolate etc.), but for many people that would be disgusting.

So yeah - definitely experiment. And with your metabolism you definitely don't need to worry. At the end of the day you're burning it all off so it's very unlikely to be stored as fat.

_________________
Bar-barella.com
Train hard, eat right, be awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:17 pm

pflmagic wrote:
Fi is bang on saying focus on strength first and the physique will follow... Then again it does come down to 'why do you train?' To look good... Or to feel good.
Regardless, in terms of nutrition you have to see what works for you; as shown there are plenty of ways to go about eating successfully to supplement your training. In terms of food choices/amounts it's a bit easier for some of us who have spent countless hours reading and experimenting with nutrition; demystifying the topic so to speak. So we can construct a meal plan which suits our lifestyle. Don't read too much into the volume of food other people eat... For example I can afford to eat 3500kcal a day and still lose weight, just due to the fact that outside my training; I work an active job which burns a whole lot of energy. Try and get a rough idea (in terms of energy expenditure and lifestyle) of what you need to eat to maintain weight. Then just a few times, log your food intake and see if you are getting anywhere near what you think. You can then start to eat more on workout days If getting bigger is what you wanna do. By doing this cleanly with correct training, you can put more muscle on and maintain a low fat percentage (or even lose weight !). NGN is a great example. Even then though man, if this seems a little to much for you; just start eating a bit more. You're not gonna 'blow out' and lose all your physique in one night... You might get bloated from eating but don't confuse the two. As NGN said due to your metabolism you have a hard time putting on weight anyway, so if you're training is on point and you start eating more, fat loss will most likely be kept to a minimum. These are all very diluted concepts but I hope you get some ideas from it.


Hey Man, Thankyou so Much for this post.
I'm sorry I don't have time right now to reply to you properly but I will next time I have time, Thanks a lot for the tips and time you took sir, =) And Fi too again Thanks.

From tomorrow I will start working out with nearly 10% added weight, all I have for now is a backpack and some dumbells, I wanna buy a vest though as I read it's better to have the weight distributed better. Anyhow I'm hoping to feel sore tomorrow and get a lot of nutrients in post workout Razz

Take care and Thanks again.

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
NGN

avatar

Posts : 515
Join date : 2012-07-17
Age : 42
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 am

Having a nice physique is just an annoying side effect of proper diet and training.. Laughing

If your ultimate goal is looks you might as well just lift weights and join bodybuilding.com for goodness sake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

avatar

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-02-09
Location : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 am

Jesus NGN - paint yourself green and you could be the hulk.

_________________
Bar-barella.com
Train hard, eat right, be awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
NGN

avatar

Posts : 515
Join date : 2012-07-17
Age : 42
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 am

Fi wrote:
Jesus NGN - paint yourself green and you could be the hulk.

Haha Fi,

Yeah a 178lb Hulk....I certainly felt like the hulk though. I get a serious pump when working out and do blow up considerably. The pic was taken after 3 sets of max dips and the pump was on. One guy I worked out with thought I weighed over 190 because of how big my upper body gets when I work out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:33 pm

NGN wrote:
Having a nice physique is just an annoying side effect of proper diet and training.. Laughing

If your ultimate goal is looks you might as well just lift weights and join bodybuilding.com for goodness sake.

Dude I didn't say that.

As you mention and assume this, I'll let you know I went to gym for 2 months ages ago and hated it, and Hate everyone in there, as 90% is faggots thinking they're strong and everything, but their discipline is s**t. And I think real training is body weight training anyway.

Second, I am a boxer, even if now I can't goto gym currently fortime issues. I don't have no fucking problem or hesitate to fight with anyone, nor am worried about spoiling my pretty face for a good reason like competition. So, please take that looks and gym bullshit back with you, not my thing thankyou Sir.

I Never said that wanting to be Perfectly in shape as I am, was about looks, it's about me. I just don't want any fucking fat. Ofcourse I care about looks aswell, and I don't believe anyone who says looking good / feeling better looking' is totally not in their mind aswell when working hard.

The only reason I was asking for advice is because I don't want to end up eating too much, that's all, as I see you guys bragging about eating fucking pounds of stuff everyday, to me it seems a bit unreal. But whatever,
you guys are the pro Bar-barians, I'm still getting there.

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
NGN

avatar

Posts : 515
Join date : 2012-07-17
Age : 42
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Elite-Bars wrote:
NGN wrote:
Having a nice physique is just an annoying side effect of proper diet and training.. Laughing

If your ultimate goal is looks you might as well just lift weights and join bodybuilding.com for goodness sake.

Dude I didn't say that.
I never said you did. I am sorry you got that impression

The only reason I was asking for advice is because I don't want to end up eating too much, that's all, as I see you guys bragging about eating fucking pounds of stuff everyday, to me it seems a bit unreal. But whatever,
you guys are the pro Bar-barians, I'm still getting there.

Well..its funny that you think we are bragging about eating pounds of stuff. I think we are just answering the post of "what your post workout nutrition looks like" and nothing more. We eat like this because it is effective for glycogen replenishment and muscle recovery. If you continue eating the way you do you will continue looking the way you do. If you eat enough protein you may add some muscle and strength but at a much slower pace than if you got rid of your fat phobia. Seriously dude...Im an ectomorph too...It took me a year of sitting on my a$$ doing nothing and eating whatever the heck I wanted to gain my fat. I kinda have the opposite phobia now...I dont want to look like prison camp detainee from the 40's.
If you want to build muscle you gotta eat like a freakin gorrilla...especially you with that racing metabolism. You want to be a beast? Then eat like one.
what is unrealistic and funny is the fact that you think you could recover from a hard workout with a banana and a can of freakin tuna.
I wasnt trying to bash you before but if you take my advice and laugh at it I will simply stop giving you my advice.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:38 pm

NGN wrote:


The only reason I was asking for advice is because I don't want to end up eating too much, that's all, as I see you guys bragging about eating fucking pounds of stuff everyday, to me it seems a bit unreal. But whatever,
you guys are the pro Bar-barians, I'm still getting there.

Quote :
Well..its funny that you think we are bragging about eating pounds of stuff. I think we are just answering the post of "what your post workout nutrition looks like" and nothing more. We eat like this because it is effective for glycogen replenishment and muscle recovery. If you continue eating the way you do you will continue looking the way you do. If you eat enough protein you may add some muscle and strength but at a much slower pace than if you got rid of your fat phobia. Seriously dude...Im an ectomorph too...It took me a year of sitting on my a$$ doing nothing and eating whatever the heck I wanted to gain my fat. I kinda have the opposite phobia now...I dont want to look like prison camp detainee from the 40's.
If you want to build muscle you gotta eat like a freakin gorrilla...especially you with that racing metabolism. You want to be a beast? Then eat like one.
what is unrealistic and funny is the fact that you think you could recover from a hard workout with a banana and a can of freakin tuna.
I wasnt trying to bash you before but if you take my advice and laugh at it I will simply stop giving you my advice.

Cheers

Hey Man, apology accepted, even though there is really no need for the apology and I say sorry to you if I was too harsh.

Thankyou for the post that was good stuff.

And for the record,I never laughed and never will at your advice, for the brief time I've been here you've been one of the nicest guys and I admire you a lot and thankyou for your advice.
I guess I really have to open to a new world food wise and open my eyes *Hum Hum* my mouth.

Cheers to you too Sir.


_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
NGN

avatar

Posts : 515
Join date : 2012-07-17
Age : 42
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:07 pm

No worries, Elite. LOL I never get accused of being a nice guy...hahaha too funny. I usually tend to be overly protective of my opinions and come across as opinionated and immature in that dept, but I am glad you appreciate my advice.
Now go and eat something....hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 pm

NGN wrote:
No worries, Elite. LOL I never get accused of being a nice guy...hahaha too funny. I usually tend to be overly protective of my opinions and come across as opinionated and immature in that dept, but I am glad you appreciate my advice.
Now go and eat something....hehe

Nice one, "Accused of being Nice" is awesome Lmao.

I totally see what you mean. I instead usually just keep s**t to my self as I think everyone else is a bunch of scared instituzionalized twats usually, too opinionated and stuck up and 'politically correct' abuot every fucking thing in life, but that's another story.

I don't think you're immature, I think you got balls and you're a straightforward guy, not afraid to go against the currents.

Anyhow, Bro, like, the last 3 days or so I totally started eating like crazy xD tomorrow I'm buying my weight vest! *SMILE* I'm getting either 10 or 12 Kg, so 15% or 17% my body weight almost. I have been training with a backpack with 10% this week and it's so fucking cool. Workout is shorter and less reps, but it's more intense.

So yeah, I used to have like, one big plate of dinner, tonight I had 3 takings xD and I had a yogurt filled with nuts, a little choc bar, and I drink tons of water, and also eat a lot of Muesli, my favourite meal Razz

I'll see how it goes man, I'm moving on again, added weight training only from noe, and more food, let's see if I manage to get anything done, I'll sum up in 2 or 3 weeks. Only one little problem, is I burned my index finger real bad at a barbeque, and it's like killing me when I do Pullups *LoL* I have to like put an inch of paper wrap over it xD

Aight I'll shutup, take care and thanks again for your advice, it's always welcome.

Last thing: I know I need to generally eat more all throughout, but is it right I should moslty have more post workout and therefore at dinner time too? (as I workout at 7 pm usually). Or like, is it better to pack up at lunch before workout? I donow...


_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   

Back to top Go down
 
Post Workout
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t
» Camilo's Workout Routine
» Favorite Post Golf Drink
» Interesting post on NERR High shool vs Prep school
» The triple threat workout.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: