Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Post Workout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scyth3r6

PostSubject: Post Workout   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi guys, Just wondered what everyone has for post workout nutrition. Take care all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/scyth3r6
fkncody

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 pm

I usually eat a banana, shower, then eat a meal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Energizer B.

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:42 pm

protein bar immediately following and later in the day a protein shake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:07 am

if i train at morning , i eat directly my lunch after the training but if i train in the afternoon and i fisnifh my training around 16-17 pm

i eat 2 eggs + 1 banana + 1 drink of milk.
if i dont have egg i eat tuna fish

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:44 am

If there is no steak/chicken around I usually take a protein shake post workout, provides around 32grams of protein from the powder alone that + the protein from the milk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:42 pm

IDS Smart Gainer Protein Shake and 1 piece of fruit. All before your body temp drops. Training without Proper Nutrition is like washing dishes without soap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SFX

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 am

Gentleman John wrote:
Training without Proper Nutrition is like washing dishes without soap.

Do you have any suggestion for "little" postworkout meal. I don't have have access to chicken, fish or something all day. And i don't want to eat/drink these protein shakes, because i want to live healthy and i think eating synthetic protein is wrong.

What are with nuts and seeds? I think 100 gr peanats have 28gr protein. But also a lot of calories. ^^

Or do you know other snacks, which I could use for a post workout meal?

btw: yesterday i had fish at lunch (1pm), then i went to training, ate a chicken breast after training (4pm) and another chicken breast at lunch (6pm). i hope thats enought protein for this day ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scyth3r6

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:23 pm

personally i have a glass of water with 2 tablespoons of glucose in it, then straight after i have 2 liters of full fat milk. there are studies that show that full fat milk is great post workout. http://stronglifts.com/milk-post-workout-build-muscle-gains/
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 pm

scyth3r6 wrote:
personally i have a glass of water with 2 tablespoons of glucose in it, then straight after i have 2 liters of full fat milk. there are studies that show that full fat milk is great post workout. http://stronglifts.com/milk-post-workout-build-muscle-gains/

I used to do the water and sugar thing. Now i do chocolate milk, which has actual studies to back it up. That website uses a study that does not support its claims (the study uses low fat milk). I guess bc you take the sugar water first it is fine (bc directly after the workout all of the fat would slow down the absorption), but if u take chocolate milk directly after a workout its kind of like crack for your muscles. Perfect balance, fast release sugars... There is a plethora of studies showing just how great it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 pm

A banana and protein powder with Dextrose. 30g protein, 60g carbs which is split aprox 3-1 glucose to fructose.

Its not just about what you have after. You have to think of what you have before and after.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scyth3r6

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Mdrop wrote:
scyth3r6 wrote:

I used to do the water and sugar thing. Now i do chocolate milk, which has actual studies to back it up. That website uses a study that does not support its claims (the study uses low fat milk). I guess bc you take the sugar water first it is fine (bc directly after the workout all of the fat would slow down the absorption), but if u take chocolate milk directly after a workout its kind of like crack for your muscles. Perfect balance, fast release sugars... There is a plethora of studies showing just how great it is.

I do love choc milk lol!
Back to top Go down
Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 am

Just drink chocolate milk. I've ran 26.2 miles in a marathon race and thats what I had and a banana. Thats a serious workout and thats what some long distance runners fuel up on after their races, moooooo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 am

anything i can find. usually have to go restock after.
i wait an hour, then either meat and lots of it, tuna or peanut butter or sumtin along those lines eggs maybe.. egg/tuna salad.. tho usually its just a normal lunch. eg. meat, pasta or potatoes or whatnot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:42 pm

SFX wrote:
Gentleman John wrote:
Training without Proper Nutrition is like washing dishes without soap.

Do you have any suggestion for "little" postworkout meal. I don't have have access to chicken, fish or something all day. And i don't want to eat/drink these protein shakes, because i want to live healthy and i think eating synthetic protein is wrong.

What are with nuts and seeds? I think 100 gr peanats have 28gr protein. But also a lot of calories. ^^

Or do you know other snacks, which I could use for a post workout meal?

btw: yesterday i had fish at lunch (1pm), then i went to training, ate a chicken breast after training (4pm) and another chicken breast at lunch (6pm). i hope thats enought protein for this day ^^

Yh i saw your thing on protien shake being unnaturally WHEY protien is made from whey which is chees and some then knew how to put it in to a powder form Total naturally man ...

You might as well get naked and run in the hill and pick up some rocks and eat sheep if u want be naturally...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Lwaterman92
SFX

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:36 pm

yes you're right. i thougth this is some synthetic crap. i wanted to say that in todays nutrition there are lots of other things. for example i read an article last week saying there are female hormones in chinese milk.

I think this isn't possible in europe but we have a lot of fertilizer in our vegetable and if i have to eat that s**t, i should avoid other "unnatural" things in nutriton. i hope you understand what i mean Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adewitt17

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Mdrop wrote:
scyth3r6 wrote:

much choc. milk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Error#blade

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:03 pm

150g of low fat yoghurt
2cups of lower fat milk
some pineapples/peaches
1 banana
1 tablespoon of honey
little table salt (optional)

mix all that in a blender and blend, drink after that.
I dunno, this is easy, inexpensive, good recovery drink...i love it

and if a train again later or not i would eat some almond,peanuts,sunflower seeds,hazels,flax seed,susame seeds, pumpkin seeds....Dunno what effect it has to my body Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
count em out

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Usually before I have something like whole grain cereal or peanut butter honey sandwich depending on what time of day

afterwards either yogurt or some whey if I can afford it, with milk or rice milk (I don't like to drink too much milk but rice milk is much weaker in terms of calories and protein) + a apple or banana

I used to have whey all the time and didn't like not having it, but now that money has made me unable to have it all the time I haven't noticed any differences from getting protein from other sources. I also make a huge pot of mung or adzuki beans with rice and vegetables and feel like a champ after eating it.

What helps when I don't have whey is looking at ancient greek and roman statues of athletes and realizing those beasts didn't have whey either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebelmaker

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:44 pm

count em out wrote:
What helps when I don't have whey is looking at ancient greek and roman statues of athletes and realizing those beasts didn't have whey either

Hippocrates promoted whey consumption for its health benefits though I'm not sure if athletes of his time followed that advice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 am

I usually a have a bunch of Almonds or Walnuts. They 're healthy and have protein but I'm worried about the fats, anyone have some good advice on this?

Are nuts a good post workout snack? (Please no stupid childish jokes)

Or else a tin of tuna.

As for drinking, Milk, sometimes full sometimes skimmed depends what there is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:07 pm

rebelmaker wrote:
count em out wrote:

Hippocrates promoted whey consumption for its health benefits though I'm not sure if athletes of his time followed that advice.

Wow - interesting.

I used to take whey too (still have some in the cupboard actually) but now I don't bother any more. Not noticed any difference in recovery and I'm definitely just as strong (well, stronger as I stopped taking it months ago).

I normally just eat what I normally eat after training - 70% of cals from fat, 15% from protein and 15% from carbs, or more or less that amount. Sometimes have more carbs if it was an intense session.

Quote :
Are nuts a good post workout snack? (Please no stupid childish jokes)

Hahah! I'm 33 - no childish jokes from me. Although I am partial to salty nuts.

Sorry Smile

They're ok after workout, but if you follow a normal diet then your muscles need more carbs to replenish glycogen. Nuts and a banana would be ok, but I'd say tune and a banana (or other carbs - sweet potato or whatever) would be best due to the higher protein content.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:53 pm

[quote="Fi"]
rebelmaker wrote:
Quote :
e]Are nuts a good post workout snack? (Please no stupid childish jokes)

Hahah! I'm 33 - no childish jokes from me. Although I am partial to salty nuts.

Sorry Smile

They're ok after workout, but if you follow a normal diet then your muscles need more carbs to replenish glycogen. Nuts and a banana would be ok, but I'd say tune and a banana (or other carbs - sweet potato or whatever) would be best due to the higher protein content.

Thankyou Fi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:00 pm

After training (usually about 2.5hrs)
post workout smoothie: 40 oz smoothie made from papaya, mango, pineapple...sometime with dif fruits. with 15-20g glutamine, 3g creatine, 2g beta-alanine

or

1/2 to 1 whole watermelon + the sups above.

Shower

1st meal 12oz of meat (usually chicken thighs) and yams

or

5 eggs scrabbled with onion, mushrooms and 2 cups of spinach or chard. 2 - 3 pieces of ezekiel bread toast w butter and raw honey.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bevinator

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 am

Just smashed my post workout meal.
It was 5 of these badboys.

Total it was 10 slices of sprouted grain bread.

600g organic chicken

300g tomatos

300g iceberg lettuce

100g alfalfa sprouts

600g pumpkin on the side

1 large mango

Totalled about 2300 calories... For one meal. And still remaining shredded as hell haha. I love IF.

Recently Ive been starting to implement more grains into my diet. I used to never eat them. But now usually once a week after a big body part has been trained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:49 am

Pflmagic,
nice bro! Haha massive 5 sandwiches ... love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Workout   

Back to top Go down

Post Workout
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next