Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Why we should work out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trace

PostSubject: Why we should work out   Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey there guys,

just some thoughts that have been on my mind for some time...

Why should we work out?

In my opinion, we should be thankful for everything we have in our life's. And I mean every single thing. There are so many out there that don't got one percent of the things we have. Starting from a place to sleep, something to eat, the chance to go to school etc., you get the point.
So we should be thankful for that.

And we should take care of the things we've been given!

If you've got your own room, keep it clean. If you've got a car/bike/whatever - take care of it. If you're going to school/university, you should be dedicated to you studies.
No need for further explanation, you should get the point.

So if you take care of all the material things you've been given, why should you not take care of your own body?!

There are so many people out there treating their body like a piece of s**t. Drinking till they pass out the whole weekend, smoking like crazy, eating only s**t....I just don't get it.

Your body is probably the only thing you can rely on, it's the most important thing we should take care about...

...and that's why we should do our workout.
You don't have to become a beast like Beastmode, but you should simply take care of your body.
Take your time for a bar session at least once a week, go jogging or anything else.
Eat healthy - if you enjoy Fast Food, you can eat it from time to time. Just not ALL the time! You should also do things you like to do, so why not have some Burgers? Just remember not eating it too often.
Don't drink too much, don't smoke too much etc. ....you get the point.

Hope you know what I mean with this....even though it might sound a bit cheesy, from time to time we should be aware of all the things we got and be thankful for them.

Peace and love,
Trace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DozeroTh

PostSubject: Re: Why we should work out   Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Why we should work out   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:15 pm

For sure this is a good down to earth reminder. Thank you! Sometimes we lose track if we are not reminded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vassili

PostSubject: Re: Why we should work out   Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:08 am

+ 1000000
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: Why we should work out   Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:14 am

I agree with this so much. There is only one thing we know with absolute certainty that we will have for the rest of our lives, and that's our bodies. Everything else, unfortunately, could come and go while we are alive. Making sure my body looks and feels good and healthy is the most logical and natural hobby for me, because it's working on the one thing that gives me life. Everything else in my life that I enjoy - friends, family, relationships, music - is built on top of that. Life begins and ends with the body Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: Why we should work out   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:19 am

sup trace, i agree with you 100% there mate. I know this is an old thread, but i've only just noticed it.

quote "There are so many people out there treating their body like a piece of s**t. Drinking till they pass out the whole weekend, smoking like crazy, eating only s**t....I just don't get it."

i just don't get it either. for some reason now alcohol has taken over youths and young adults, adults too. If you watch police programs, you'll find that most of the trouble comes from drunks, or alcohol related incidents in towns on friday/saturday nights.

I've no idea why someone would drink themselves till they collapse, or vomit. there's just no point. then the next day they'll say "had such a good night....????" what!!!!!!

my mates are all in uni, and they all eat absolute junk (as they're too lazy to make proper food) they spend most of their student loans on alcohol. it's also normal for them too all start drinking at 12 in the day, so they're all drunk BEFORE they go out later on, and get even more hammered.

i've never drunk alcohol, i don't see the point in paying to buy diluted poison, and then drink it? same with smoking, i've never tried smoking, and don't understand why people pay to give themselves cancer.

just shows lack of dicipline.

i'm probly the only one of my mates who works out - i'm like you lot, i love training, one of the only things i truley love. same with eating healthy, i love it. knowing that no junk is going into my body.

coz like you said, you body is the only thing you have to rely on for the rest of your life.

i'd like to see how the current generation of youngesters (12-21 YO's) cope later in life, after starting to drink excessively at a young age when thier bodies and brains are still developing. and how much long term damage is being caused.

rant over!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why we should work out   

Back to top Go down

Why we should work out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1