Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Digit

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 am

Here in Greece the ancient people used to say «Νους υγιής εν σώματι υγιεί». It means if you want a healthy mind you need a healthy body.
After i served the national service and lost about 15 kgs (from 115 went to 90) I went to the gym for about 5 months and really got a little pissed of because gym stores is a lifestyle.... I mean that i used to see people making public relationships instead of workout.The shitty point is i coudln't do a single pull up. In the army the only thing we were doing all day were push-ups. After i found out about calisthenics and gave it shot i was amazed how u can keep in shape without wasting money and of course every workout is a challenge for me. Study, experiment and surpass = challenge !!!! Body healthy = Mind Healthy. Don't stop training people !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loganchristopher

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:29 pm

I began my training at the gym like everyone else during high school, getting programs out of the bodybuilding magazines because that was what I was exposed to. After more research I found out that there was a lot more out there from bodyweight exercises to kettlebells, hand strength to strongman lifts and more. I became an avid fan reading about and training in all these modalities.

Hand balancing use to be something that almost everyone practiced to some degree. All weightlifters had various amounts of experience, though that is far from the case today. I aim to bring hand balancing back to everyone Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lostartofhandbalancing.com
Sloany

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:04 pm

I train because I love the idea of devoting myself to something fully, especially with something like calisthenics which offer a lifetime of health and fitness benefits, and of course I like the lean look that almost every bar athlete possesses. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I train to beat where i was mentally & physically the day before to not be average but someone who puts fire and will in every movement of life no matter what i do where i am, im either all in or all out. I train to one day be very strong i am never happy with where i am at hopefully one day i will, for now i keep searching.The search keeps me going. Everyone be healthy train hard stay away from meds,drugs,the system and train hard its all positive, as long as you can block out the negatives in this world and move forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rauliuxas

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:02 am

I train because i love it and i must prove myself i'm worthy of something.I must prove myself i can be better everyday then i was before i train because it's something outstanding.You can train and spent some time with your friends you can train and try learn something new there's always something new you can do.Workout also toughens your body spirit and soul Smile In this sport's when your fantasy mind goes your boddy get's stronger and follow's beyond fantasy Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gvaido

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:31 pm

When im training i forgot about all bad things and i feel free.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BartFanatik

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 pm

I got myself a goal when i started training. I said to myself that I wont stop until i get to hold a CTI for at least 1 sec. Probably that's gonna be never, so I'll keep training forever like that Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:25 am

That's a damn good question...

Everytime I have to workout I get that feeling like, why should I? Why not just have a nap instead or play a videogame. That's one of my motivations, to say f**k you lazy brain, get on the floor and work! It pays off to sweat...

Mostly I'd say, to look better to myself, to feel stronger, to be healthy and to achieve the Dream of saying I'm a Bar-barian one day maybe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   

Back to top Go down

WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2