Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
strongroot

PostSubject: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 am

I train because its almost like a part of me i need it. Training has become a way of life for me and the many people who keep me motivated. training keeps me grounded keeps my mind stable keeps me from self-destruction it gives me a chance to release all my anger my dislikes my energy my negativity all to be expelled to achieve a better way of thinking a better way of life.
So i ask the question why do you train?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adamas

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:26 am

Simply - it started like fun, but it became to sense of living. With every pull-up im getting stronger and better. So: its just a part of me like u said. Bar-UP !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Energizer B.

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:04 am

I train because I want to achieve ultimate muscle control and physical perfection. A few years ago I started lifting weights on and off, but I wasn't getting the satisfaction I wanted from simply lifting something. I wanted something more "free," something where I could put my personal flare on things. About a year ago I started doing calisthenics and I loved it. I have been going hard ever since and the progress I have made is phenomenal. I also train in hopes of one day inspiring someone and showing everyone what the human body is capable of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Energizer B. wrote:
I train because I want to achieve ultimate muscle control and physical perfection. A few years ago I started lifting weights on and off, but I wasn't getting the satisfaction I wanted from simply lifting something. I wanted something more "free," something where I could put my personal flare on things. About a year ago I started doing calisthenics and I loved it. I have been going hard ever since and the progress I have made is phenomenal. I also train in hopes of one day inspiring someone and showing everyone what the human body is capable of.

wise words, gotta agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:45 pm

I train because I'm never happy with where I am, I always need to keep going. What may be fine for others isnt fine for me. I cant stay at this fitness level forever, I need to go far beyond it and see how far I can push my body. this type of training (at least to this extent) is still new to me, but I can already tell I like it more then lifting, or anything else I've tried. I train to improve my body, to be stronger for practical purposes, have more muscle control in martial arts, etc... I train for myself, and nobody else. Its a personal thing Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
Trev

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 pm

I had a growing spurse just after school and went from 5ft 10 to 6ft 3 in a matter of a few months, I weighted around 65kg. I didn't like the stick insect image so got into training. Ever since then it has just become my way of life I suppose, I hate it when I miss a few weeks of training! I'm now around 89 kg and much happier with how I look and feel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STRICTFORM74

PostSubject: Why do u train   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 pm

I train because its a great feeling knowing u are keeping your body fit,healthy, and strong.Calisthenics are natural movements using your own body as resistance once you have control of your body everything else falls in place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingfish

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Well , i train 'cause of following fact: "Mens sana in corpore sano" (Like old Romans said). A Trainingssession lets me forget everday life- slippin into a different role of life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vindicated1

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVindicatedOne?feature=mhum
BMJD

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:19 am

When i see this question, i always think 'why wouldn't you want to train?' or at least move around. Its definitely more fun than just sitting around, doing nothing, complaining. I guess training for me is just way too fun, the results can be measured just by how much you can do or what others consider 'impossible'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alik

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:30 pm

At first, it was for fun only, mostly to prove my friend that i can do 15 pull-ups whereas my peak was at 10. So I started to train and can't still stop. It's like a 'safe' drug that makes my routine more intresting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-black-tea.mmm-tasty.ru/
Riba

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Why I train? The answer is very simple. I train for a single moment when i feel the power in myself. I started training before 20 days on pull up bar, but i train about a half year with weights. I simply enjoy every moment when i doing pull up, chin up, or some other exercise. For now i can't do muscle up but i hope that I can do it to early summer.

Keep practising guys! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hundred.rights

PostSubject: Free   Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:30 pm

It's a good feeling, and I was the typical guy who would curl dumbells on an average day, sitting in a room with plain walls. It just seemed so boring. I'm a person who likes being out and when I see a bar or anything I can typically hang from, I just give it a few chin-ups, then I was like 'Why not do this more often?' I'm outside, the fresh air, and it just became a habit and I felt free doing it. There's playgrounds around the area, so I just head on over to one and begin working out. You can put creativity into it and come up with something new.
It's a great feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferginator

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Awesome video man

vindicated1 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZ6O5MqCq0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RuNekit

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:34 pm

I train not to girls or respect. I train for good moment, when you able do difficult action). it's cool feeling,when you able do your first muscle-up or first planche Very Happy. I train for sport, for my future, for my children too, because a lot of children at our time begun smoke at 10-15 yers old (i tell about my country. i don't know about U.S.A). We must be a good role model for children. We mustn't forgot about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vkontakte.ru/id27031291
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:46 am

i train because i want to get a great body while having fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PullUpImpulse

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:56 pm

I first started to train on the bars just because for to keep myself calm and for fun. And it now became a part of my life and I am always mindful of the time that I can train on the pull up bar arrives. At each step that I move forward I feel happier, stronger and healtier. I am twice as strong as when I was 20. I think all these are good reasons to train on the pull up bar. I even like the bad condition of my palms Smile Bar-up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freerunner

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:51 pm

I train to get stronger. I know Arnold had some kind of weird attraction to getting pumped, and that's how I feel about strength.

I love cranking out another rep on my calisthenics, or adding another pound to my lifts. It's the best thing about life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeromni

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon May 21, 2012 11:45 pm

i train to better myself and push myself to new heights.and to creat the body that can rival a Greek statue and be a solid as the stone its cut out of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nguyenquanghung

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:21 pm

just 4 fun and kill time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rashide

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:25 pm

When I first began exercising, I trained to lose weight. At the time, I was roughly 14 years old and overweight. In three months, I dropped from 165 lbs to 130 lbs.

After my weight loss, I developed a deep passion for fitness. For the next two years, I experimented with many different workout routines and training programs. Eventually, I discovered the bar-barians and their "underground sport".

The extreme calisthenics performed by the bar-barians fascinated me; I never saw anything like it before in my life. From then on, I have been inspired by the bar-barians to master my bodyweight through calisthenics.

So pretty much, my current training serves as a means to master my bodyweight and illustrate my love for fitness.

P.S. Sorry for the long post lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:47 pm

to get stronger and for look, it helps me to burn some fat too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MegDanny

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 am

Energizer B. wrote:

this is the exact reason why i train! i tried going to the gym and do lifting but it doesn't have the same feeling when you train with calisthenics! Smile i also train because i want to see how strong my body can be..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/megatdanial
Sosna

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 am

I train to be the strongest I can possibly be, in Mind, Body and Spirit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fit-Bull90

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

I train to discover the strength my body is capable off, to look good.... and ultimately to become a Bar-Barian!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?   

Back to top Go down

WHY DO YOU TRAIN ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next