Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Mon May 10, 2010 9:44 pm

On June 19, 2010 Bar-barians will be teaming up with Career Gear for a one of a kind incredible event. Join us and push your max reps in up to ten different events including push ups, muscle ups, one leg squats, one arm pull-ups and "banging the brick" all while raising money for this incredible charity. Pledges are made by how many repetitions the participants can perform in one set for each exercise.

Career Gear is an organization who's mission is to reintroduce men into the workplace. For more info CLICK HERE

For information about the event and pledging contact Career Gear at info@careergear.org
If you are interested in participting in the event contact the Bar-barians at
barr_up@bar-barians.com

Special thanks to Bar-barians Candidate Vito Pandolfo making this event possible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bar-barians.com
Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Can you do this if you are unable to travel to new york?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Thu May 13, 2010 11:52 am

imma post some more info on it. hopefully by the end of today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rickseedman.com/
SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Wed May 19, 2010 11:13 am

Lets get Bar-baric!

IN PERSON: To participate in the event on June 19, 2010 you will need to get at least 5 pledges.

ONLINE: If you live out of state or country and would still like to participate, you will need at least one person to pledge for you. We will post the exercise guidelines and you'll post a video of your results on Youtube.

This is how it works:
Date:
June 19, 2010

10th St. and Ave. B

Charity:
Contact CAREER GEAR regarding pledges

Framework:
-Choose anywhere from 1-4 exercises to perform
-One set per exercise
-All Reps full ROM
-Straight form

Exercises:
Events - Pledges
1. Sit ups - 10¢ a rep
2. Squats - 25¢ a rep
3. Push ups - 25¢ a rep
4. Dips - 50¢ a rep
5. Chin ups - 50¢ a rep
6. Pull-ups - $1 a rep
7. One leg squats - $2 a rep
8. Muscle ups - $2 a rep
9. “Bang the Brick” - $4 a rep
10. One arm pull/chin ups - $10 a rep
Back to top Go down
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Wed May 19, 2010 12:37 pm

what the f**k im be a miljonair ! 1. Sit ups - 10¢ a rep
2. Squats - 25¢ a rep
3. Push ups - 25¢ a rep
4. Dips - 50¢ a rep
5. Chin ups - 50¢ a rep
6. Pull-ups - $1 a rep
8. Muscle ups - $2 a rep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Wed May 19, 2010 1:24 pm

LittleBeastM - SS2 wrote:
what the f**k im be a miljonair ! 1. Sit ups - 10¢ a rep
2. Squats - 25¢ a rep
3. Push ups - 25¢ a rep
4. Dips - 50¢ a rep
5. Chin ups - 50¢ a rep
6. Pull-ups - $1 a rep
8. Muscle ups - $2 a rep

uahaha this is 4 raising money for the charity, not for raising money for u! You get someone to pledge for you (they'll post the link to the form soon) then chose anywhere from 1 of the exercises to 4 of em, and do as many reps in one set as you can!
Back to top Go down
srb21

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Wed May 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Whats "Bang the Brick" ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Thu May 20, 2010 12:25 am

srb21 wrote:
Whats "Bang the Brick" ?

Doing chin ups with a brick on your knees, and banging it to the bar on each rep Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Thu May 20, 2010 1:11 am

Daniel wrote:
srb21 wrote:
Whats "Bang the Brick" ?

Doing chin ups with a brick on your knees, and banging it to the bar on each rep Smile

thanx daniel. as in this vid: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=167595869288&oid=53287357816
Back to top Go down
SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Bar-barians/Career Gear's Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event is around the corner. June 19, 2010! Below are the sheets to gather your pledges with. Have the people that are pledging for you fill out the sheet. Get as many pledges as possible and lets make this a special event!! The info will be collected afterward by Career Gear.

PLEDGE SHEETS

(You can use the target reps to estimate about how much you might raise just to give the people pledging an idea of how much money you may be raising.)
Back to top Go down
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm

handstand push ups ?
planche push ups ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 am

SlikRic wrote:
Bar-barians/Career Gear's Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event is around the corner. June 19, 2010! Below are the sheets to gather your pledges with. Have the people that are pledging for you fill out the sheet. Get as many pledges as possible and lets make this a special event!! The info will be collected afterward by Career Gear.

PLEDGE SHEETS

(You can use the target reps to estimate about how much you might raise just to give the people pledging an idea of how much money you may be raising.)

Hey Rick, just a few questions:

1. The pledge sheet is quite small and it doesn't print out so well. Can I just make my own with Office Word and get pledges with it that way?

2. Can I make 1 YouTube vid with the exercises on it (one after the other) that I managed to get pledges for?

3. How do I send the money I raised from my pledges to the charity? Can I just send the total amount through their website?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

James
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 pm

daWALLi wrote:
SlikRic wrote:

PLEDGE SHEETS

Hey Rick, just a few questions:

1. The pledge sheet is quite small and it doesn't print out so well. Can I just make my own with Office Word and get pledges with it that way?

2. Can I make 1 YouTube vid with the exercises on it (one after the other) that I managed to get pledges for?

3. How do I send the money I raised from my pledges to the charity? Can I just send the total amount through their website?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

James

Awesome James!

1. Don't worry you don't have to go through that. I have a word doc of it. pm me your email and i'll send it to you.

2. Yes you can put them all on one video. that would be best.

3. Just have the people fill the form out, then send it to Career Gear and they'll take care of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event   

Back to top Go down

Participate or Pledge! Reps 4 Recovery Charity Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1